DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact: Destination X Spoilers for 7/31

TNA Impact Wrestling: Destination X - Airing July 31, 2014 from New York City

*Kurt Angle cuts a promo from the balcony putting over TNA and the six sided ring. Team Dixie (Dixie, EC3, Spud, King Mo, Rhino, Snitsky, & Ezekiel Jackson) interrupt. Snitsky & Ezekiel (using his real name of Rycklon) are now sporting Dixieland shirts. EC3 challenges Dreamer & Team 3D to one final battle.

*The Wolves def. The Hardyz to retain the tag team titles after the powerbomb/backstabber combination on Matt.

*Low Ki def. Manik & DJ Zema via Ki Krusher on Manik to advance to the X Division Title Match

*James Storm came out and introduced Sanada as his friend before the next match. Sanada def. Crazzy Steve & Brian Cage to advance to the X Division Title Match via dragon suplex on Steve.

*Tommy Dreamer and Team 3D come out for a promo. They acknowledge the challenge from Team Dixie. Bully says Dixie is going through a table tonight and they make an 8 Man Extreme Weapons match for the main event with EC3, Snitsky, Rycklon, & Rhino vs Dreamer, Team 3D, and a partner.

*Samoa Joe def. Homicide & Tigre Uno via Muscle Buster on Homicide to advance to the X Division Title match. Joe cut a promo before the match. Afterwards, Joe & Homicide shook hands.

*Bobby Lashley def. Austin Aries after the Spear to retain the TNA World Title

*The Menagerie (Knux & The Freak) def. The BroMans

*Tommy Dreamer, Team 3D, & Al Snow def. Ethan Carter III, Snitsky, Rhino, & Rycklon in the Hardcore War after the 3D on Rhino

*After the match, Dixie fires Snitsky & Rycklon. Dixie remains with King Mo, Spud, and EC3. Dreamer & Team 3D come back with a table for a huge brawl. Dixie escapes but the locker room brings her back and Bully then powerbombs Dixie through the table to a huge pop. The roster surrounds the ring as Dreamer & 3D stand tall. Dixie ends up stretchered out.

So Rhino takes the fall, but Dixie fires the other guys instead?

And how the fuck is Dixie able to fire anybody? Didn't she lose all her power to MVP, who lost it to Angle?

This company makes my head hurt.

• Like 1

Well the trading in the X-Division title for the a shot at the Heavyweight Title has been around for a couple of years now (sorta like a MITB briefcase) so I at least get that.

But I am glad I am not the only who noticed that it used to be a HUGE deal and now it is a mid-show throwaway match.

Of course Joe is qualifying as a X-Division guy again so that makes me giggle

Apparently the weight limit was scrapped again when they got rid of the Triple Threat Title matches.

I think 'throwaway' match is unfair; it makes sense for someone to fail at the cash-in, Aries is a good choice - and for TNA to choose not to end the show with the heel going over. That's surely page 4 of 'How to Book Wrestling'? It's nothing WWE wouldn't do. There's plenty to rag on TNA for but there's nothing wrong with any of this. Noone knows exactly how they will sequence it for TV anyway.

• Like 1

So yeah if you dont feel like waiting a month to see it...

http:// instagram. com/p/pux0YlLfiL

I was getting that script error message so just take out the spaces

How in the hell are they gonna get Spike to air that.

Apparently the weight limit was scrapped again when they got rid of the Triple Threat Title matches.

I think 'throwaway' match is unfair; it makes sense for someone to fail at the cash-in, Aries is a good choice - and for TNA to choose not to end the show with the heel going over. That's surely page 4 of 'How to Book Wrestling'? It's nothing WWE wouldn't do. There's plenty to rag on TNA for but there's nothing wrong with any of this. Noone knows exactly how they will sequence it for TV anyway.

Well there is no way the Dixie through the table isn't the "main event" (assuming Spike let's it through)

I get what you are saying - and I have zero problem with Aries losing.

My problem is that it is a concept that has actually worked for them in the past, draws interest and can be used to headline of these "free PPV" deals

This year - like everything else for TNA - seemed rushed. I don't think anyone would have cared if they waited and didn't do it at Destination X this year. Heck - I wonder how many people remembered it was the time for it until they ran the angle of Angle asking Aries what he was going to do.

So Austin Aries gave up the X division title in exchange for a mid card World title match? Couldn't even haggle for a main event slot?

Half of the stuff they taped last night aren't part of Destination X. Aries/Lashley is the main event of Destination X. Dixie going through a table is the main event of the following show.

You know - especially after I watch it

I feel like they did that spot just for the NY crowd and that it will never air.

Which leads to a 1000 other questions but besides the Spike Man on Woman violence issue - I just cant see them showing something that has all the workers with their phones out taking pics and videos

• Like 1

So, anyway. TNA seems to be taping a year's worth of shit before the 4th.

Is it wrong I am taking some amusement in the idea of them forgetting to send Spike a show for the week and/or Spike plays show out of order? That's the one production snafu TNA hasn't done yet..

Yeah that's not going on air.

Re: the pure unadulterated joy, I remember back when CM Punk put Christoper Daniels through the table with the Pepsi Plunge. The joy on his face, along with the reaction of the other SCS members, was what really put it over. This reminded me of that, though Dixie didn't take anything there really.

• Like 1

You know - especially after I watch it

I feel like they did that spot just for the NY crowd and that it will never air.

Which leads to a 1000 other questions but besides the Spike Man on Woman violence issue - I just cant see them showing something that has all the workers with their phones out taking pics and videos

See, I actually like that aspect. The entire locker room "hates her" and wants something to remember her demise by. Also digging the Joe/Aries interaction there... "Dude, you watching this?" "Damn right I am!"

The guy who said this will be a Youtube exclusive is right-on-the-money. I can already hear Mike Tenay screaming 'We are out of time!', as the wrestlers carry Dixie into the ring. The problem with TNA is that NOTHING means anything.

Dixie loses majority control of the company when her team at Lockdown loses. Despite this fact, Dixie is off TV for at most 2 weeks. When she comes back she is still doing the whole power struggle angle with MVP. MVP turns heel and is soon thereafter stripped of his title. Angle now has MVP's position. Dixie, despite having NO CONTROL OF THE COMPANY, can still enter the arena whenever she wants and whomever she 'hires' (I see it as gang hiring and not 'welcome to my pro wrestling company- here's your contract' type of hiring) is able to work in the ring with no issue? Hopefully her firing of those two guys is something that sticks. All of that means NOTHING as everyone involved is still walking around as if none of it ever happened.

Dixie going through the table should write her off TV for 1 year. Vince would put himself in angles that would write him off for 6 months at a time. Vince KNEW when he was getting stale. Dixie either doesn't know or doesn't care. I think its both. Also, its hard to tell completely based off the footage we have, but it looks like Dixie was a stiff had a board. No reaction. No frailing. If I was about to be put through a table and I DID NOT WANT THAT. I would atleast put up some what of a fight with Devon and you'd see my legs moving before Ray flatined me through the table. I am not saying Dixie Carter should aspire to be Cate Blanchett, but fuck! Just show me that this moment MEANS SOMETHING and not just a lost footnote in a bigger and completely uninteresting story.

I was at the show and it was fucking awesome. It's really worth going out of your way to see. Crowd was absolutely on fire the entire night and added so much to the show. It was really like an ECW show. The Wolves-Hardys match more than lived up to expectations and did more to get the Wolves over than everything else they've done combined.