DVDVR Message Board

Introducing the LIVE AND LET DIE SUMMER SPECTACULAR

RIPPA

I have no idea who those people even are.

You don't know Bison and Saito?

I play as them on Fire Pro Wrestling against the Road Warriors all the time. The best matches.

I'll have to amass a greatest hits and send it your way. I think I might be their biggest fan just because they were two meaty dudes who worked well together and felt like weird truckstop ass kickers. 

Edit: Disregard. Thought the Mega Powers has been omitted. Didn't read through thoroughly.

Why not Benoit/Chris Jericho instead of Malenko/Benoit?

When we were brainstorming teams - Jericho was with Eddie Guerrero

Then a combination of realizing that there run was very brief and that Eddie/Chavo was more legit lead to us changing it.

But it was so late in the game when we did it - Benoit/Malenko was already locked in

We did try to find another partner for Jericho but outside of running a gimmick of putting in Lance Storm and seeing if anyone noticed - we had nothing.

I feel like Chris Colt should somehow be in this. Ron Dupree and Bobby Jaggers (mayne) are dead too so it'd probably have to be Lanny Poffo or Moondog Moretti. Poor guy.

The Moondogs in general were a topic of discussion - I avoided the whole lot just for the issue of people always confusing which version they were supposed to be voting for and the hassle of finding the right footage.

And I believe Ed's exact quote was "Fuck Lanny Poffo"

No Arn Anderson or Bobby Eaton seems weird just because they had so many partners I'm surprised none of them had passed yet which is such a creepy thing to worry about.  

Did the Scott Hall/Curt Hennig team out perform Curt's team with Barry Windham?  

Is it totally messed up that the strongest "Oh he's dead?" reaction was to The Shiek of all people?  That's weird right?

Well Eaton was doing his damnedest to be the dead part of a tag team for awhile

Ric Flair and Roddy Piper were other guys who apparently real good luck charms to team with since almost everyone is still alive.

Barry was paired up with someone else for awhile (possibly Bobby Duncam Jr) so by the time we got around to deciding that it was a very sketchy team - Hennig and Hall was already set. It also didn't help that I kept trying to put Barry with Kendall - who is just in jail, not dead.

I feel like Chris Colt should somehow be in this. Ron Dupree and Bobby Jaggers (mayne) are dead too so it'd probably have to be Lanny Poffo or Moondog Moretti. Poor guy.

The Moondogs in general were a topic of discussion - I avoided the whole lot just for the issue of people always confusing which version they were supposed to be voting for and the hassle of finding the right footage.

And I believe Ed's exact quote was "Fuck Lanny Poffo"

In my defense, I said Fuck [FILL IN THE BLANK] about a lot of people, not just Lanny.  I think there was a Lance Storm situation, and yeah, Lance might have gotten the biggest Fuck him of them all.  Well, aside from the Uncle Elmer/Hillbilly Jim team which was not making Phil happy.

Oh wait.  No, it was Mike Graham who we could have thrown in with like 5 different people.  Yeah, fuck Mike Graham.

Yeah, I totally forgot Brad Armstrong died. I missed Lance Cade dying completely. And the annual question: There is a living Pitbull?

They were one of the last teams we added because Ed and I both are always all "OH! Both Pitbulls are dead" and then I remember that #1 survived his crippling

I am surprised we don't have more ECW teams.

I mean the fact that both Gangstas are alive is mind blowing

Ric Flair and Roddy Piper were other guys who apparently real good luck charms to team with since almost everyone is still alive.

Barry was paired up with someone else for awhile (possibly Bobby Duncam Jr) so by the time we got around to deciding that it was a very sketchy team - Hennig and Hall was already set. It also didn't help that I kept trying to put Barry with Kendall - who is just in jail, not dead.

In my heart, I wanted to put Bobby with Bubba.  But there was no way I could pass up the Twin Towers (NEVER FORGET!!!!).  That then lead to Rippa and I freaking out at how we could find no good pairings for Bobby, Flair, Piper and Terry Funk.  I mean...really?

And yeah, I had Barry with Duncum.  There was no way I could legit not have Hall and Hennig together since they were AWA tag champs for like a billion years.  Then we researched the Rednecks group and we really couldn't squeeze Barry with Hennig.

Y'all have no idea how much I wanted the Jericho/Eddie team in.  God that hurts me deeply.

In my heart, I wanted to put Bobby with Bubba.  But there was no way I could pass up the Twin Towers (NEVER FORGET!!!!).  That then lead to Rippa and I freaking out at how we could find no good pairings for Bobby, Flair, Piper and Terry Funk.  I mean...really?

And yeah, I had Barry with Duncum.  There was no way I could legit not have Hall and Hennig together since they were AWA tag champs for like a billion years.  Then we researched the Rednecks group and we really couldn't squeeze Barry with Hennig.

Y'all have no idea how much I wanted the Jericho/Eddie team in.  God that hurts me deeply.

Arn is another guy who is a noted tag wrestler with multiple partners, all alive.

Yeah, Rippa hit me with - Hey!  The Windham's!  And I then we had an awkward conversation about Kendall doing time not dying.

Which still beats Rippa wanting me to throw in Larry Hennig and Harley Race.  

Arn is another guy who is a noted tag wrestler with multiple partners, all alive.

Hey, I TRIED putting Arn with Matt Borne (GA TAG CHAMPS!!!!).  Rippa shot that down.  And honestly, the Borne/Rip Oliver team makes me happy.  So there ya go.

Oh and for the record, no one better bitch about the Baba/Dory Funk Jr team.

Rippa and I were in fear for days that we were going to have to throw Baba in with Inoki and it made us ill.

Harley and Hennig were a huge AWA team in the 60s! It's just, you know, none of us have ever seen a single match with them paired up.

You clearly missed the IN OUR LIFETIME! Part

How the fuck old do you think Ed and I are?

Harley and Hennig were a huge AWA team in the 60s! It's just, you know, none of us have ever seen a single match with them paired up.

Older than if you add up the ages of FSW and Big Fresh?

Wait, are we voting on the individual members' careers or the team in general?

You use what criteria you want.

That being said - the nature of this being a tag team tournament... you might want to consider just the team's body of work.

This will be a great tournament.

Miracle-Max1-608x333.jpg

Yeah. It was the Hansen wrestler of the day thing that made me think of it.

And then all the combos starting popping in my head and I realized quickly this will be better than the Dead Crockett Cup.

And yeah, JT randomly hitting Rippa with that as we were arguing over like the Southern Rockers was just all sorts of spooky. Don't get in our heads, JT, it's frightening. So very frightening.

Oh and I would LOVE to take the blame for the 3 Hollywood Blondes teams, but that is Rippa trying to fuck with people.

I thought about the Dead Crockett Cup and then it hit me on Andre the Giant's birthday that he was the dead guy on two tag teams (Megabucks w/DiBiase & Colossal Connection w/Haku) while Hulk Hogan was the living member of two tag teams with dead guys (MegaPowers w/Macho Man and Super Powers w/Ultimate Warrior).

Then Rippa and I started talking about it and boom!

Well, I AM older than fucking dirt.  There's also the whole thing about Harley and Larry Hennig still being alive.

HAH.  That merely gets you my age.  Add in Rippa's and that is almost as old as Dean.

• Like 3

HAH.  That merely gets you my age.  Add in Rippa's and that is almost as old as Dea

GODDAMIT!

• Like 1

That's a pretty low bar you are setting. I bet 98% of the board is older then that number.