DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

Cue Bayless mode:

JORDAN PLAYED WITH A 120 DEGREE FEVER AND WON THE TITLE ALL BY HIMSELF.  LEBRON DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES

/delusional Bayless mode  <_<

I chalk Duncan and Allen having a great game since we all know that the old people love to hit the sauna after a workout

Well that was an embarrassing way for the NBA to start their Finals. I've never seen this sort of thing in my life. These guys playing in a humid as all fuck 90* arena is fucking ridiculous regardless of who you're rooting for and whether your team won or lost.

Spo should've conceded the game after Lebron went down after his layup. It's important to try and win but not as important as risking the health of your players.

I'm going to watch Golden Girls now, presumably guest starring the Spurs' starters and Heat's bench.

SPURZ R OLD jokes must be fun to sling around when the Heat's biggest star in his prime has to come out of multiple games a year because his body breaks down. Imagine how shit Lebron will be when he's Duncan's age. But it sure doesn't slow people down.

• Like 1

Weird game with the heat issues, but it was basically the same old same old minus the Lebron stuff.

Heat took control due to turnovers and the Spurs came back on the 3 point line and with ball movement.  I know it's much easier to say than to actually do, but if you leave the Spurs open and don't at least run them off, it's going to rain on you.  Miami should know this by now.  I'm sure the heat didn't help.

Not really sure what to take away from this one. If LeBron can go in the final five minutes maybe they win the game but on the other hand both teams were playing in the same conditions. He cramped up and they didn't. Spurs made a ton of threes.. I don't see that changing if they are going to get so many good looks. Heat also missed a lot of open shots... they can hang their hat on that. Spurs committed a ton of turnovers and still won so that could be a good sign also.. 

Basically, who the hell knows where this series goes from here. Good win for the Spurs. Also, I love Diaw and Duncan playing that two man game down low. It's beautiful.

Outside the obvious Lebron and Danny Green related things, Miami needs to find a line-up that forces the Spurs to not have Duncan and Splitter on the court together, because they have a really hard time guarding both of them at the same time.  That was something they managed to do quite a bit last year, force Pop to sit one of them in order to guard the smaller line-ups/

Running this back from last year:

33 minutes.  9-10 from the floor.  21-10-3.  38 years old.  17th career year.  Are we SURE Tim Duncan is human?

Now cue the annual "bitch about the two days off between games 1 and 2."  I fully get why they do it.  Thursday and Sunday are the two most watched nights of television most weeks.  Friday and Saturday the two least watched.  But Christ is it obnoxious.

I would feel more sorry for Lebron and it sucks he wasn't on the floor but every player on the court had to play through the same conditions.

Absolutely fair point. Miami lost because San Antonio went crazy in the 4th.  Onto Saturday.

dJXKJo7.gif