DVDVR Message Board

E3 2014.

Madden is up next.  Great graphics, and they're bringing in camera angles that show the game from the defensive perspective.  Some innovations in tackling too.  BUT BY GOD WE ADDED LOTS MORE PLAYER CELEBRATIONS AND THAT'S WHAT REALLY MATTERS.

And now they're talking about Dawngate, their new MOBA title.  I don't play MOBA games so can't really judge if this looks good or not.  It at least SOUNDS intriguing.

Hey, a new Mirror's Edge game!  Last game was an incredibly concept that ultimately didn't quite work.  The preview footage seems to have a really shaky camera - yeah, no thanks.

And now they're talking about Dawngate, their new MOBA title.  I don't play MOBA games so can't really judge if this looks good or not.  It at least SOUNDS intriguing.

If you've never played a MOBA yet, you're too late.  You'll never get into it enough to actually learn anything.  The way the MOBA community treats newbies makes RTS/FPS community look downright pleasant.

• Like 3

And now Battlefield Hardline...looks like they're showing 360 graphics or something.  Definitely not next-gen - or really crappy next-gen.  Cops and robbers in an FPS.  Could be fun, but looks just like every other FPS game ever made.

If you've never played a MOBA yet, you're too late.  You'll never get into it enough to actually learn anything.  The way the MOBA community treats newbies makes RTS/FPS community look downright pleasant.

Yep; MOBA is a decent game concept idea but the frustration vs. reward curve is too high for my liking.

Gotta admit, the way they edited up the Hardline gameplay trailer was pretty cool.  And now they've just introduced a closed beta for PS4.

And, oh yeah, 1080p60!

The problem with MOBA is more the team play element, in that if you play against a new person who sucks in a 1 v 1 environment it's easier to be patient, where if it's a team game and there's a guy on your team that really doesn't know what pressing the buttons does yet... well, you're going to lose.

Then come LOUD NOISES.

The problem with MOBA is more the team play element, in that if you play against a new person who sucks in a 1 v 1 environment it's easier to be patient, where if it's a team game and there's a guy on your team that really doesn't know what pressing the buttons does yet... well, you're going to lose.

Then come LOUD NOISES.

Well, yes. I treat those games as a learning experience. Usually if things are going in that much of a shit direction I'll practice jungling or something.

Hey guys, you want ME and SW:TOR info?  I'm sitting underneath BioWare right now doing a PolyCom class.  I'm sure I can crash upstairs and get info.

Criterion is doing some kind of multi-vehicle racing game or something.  ATVs, jet skis, helicopters, and boats.  Maybe a next-gen Pilotwings kind of thing.  Super, super-early footage and, well, yeah.  Too early to be blown away.

For a second, i thought "Criterion is making video games? Make a Seven Samurai game."

Gotta admit, the way they edited up the Hardline gameplay trailer was pretty cool.  And now they've just introduced a closed beta for PS4.

And, oh yeah, 1080p60!

That was so intense. The cops'n'robbers theme looks like a great sense of direction for what was feeling like somewhat stale gameplay. There was just sooo much going on in the trailer with all of the gadgets, weapons, interactions with the environment, etc. I'm excited.

FIFA player models still don't look fantastic, but I'm holding out hope it's a worthwhile upgrade (doubtful). NHL looked neat but they didn't give us much to look at.

Ubisoft opens with the first 5 minutes of Far Cry 4.  Does a great job of intro'ing the game, I think.

Ooooh, Dan Hay & Aisha Tyler, you're so cool and edgy with your on-stage profantiy.  You rebels you!