DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 4

Dolfan in NYC

I 100% agree with Gregg. I think it is the hottest of hot takes and always has been. Every concedes that Lebron makes the correct basketball play there, so the argument is basically "Well, Kobe and MJ wouldn't have passed it". If we all agree that passing the ball to a wide open shooter is the correct play and not taking a contested lay up, perhaps it isn't Lebron we should be reevaluating. 

In regards to the other series, I think Pop may go with a Duncan/Bonner/Leonard/Manu/Parker starting five and try to blow the game out early in OKC. 

While ignoring that MJ DID pass the ball.

• Like 2

I 100% agree with Gregg. I think it is the hottest of hot takes and always has been. Every concedes that Lebron makes the correct basketball play there, so the argument is basically "Well, Kobe and MJ wouldn't have passed it". If we all agree that passing the ball to a wide open shooter is the correct play and not taking a contested lay up, perhaps it isn't Lebron we should be reevaluating. 

In regards to the other series, I think Pop may go with a Duncan/Bonner/Leonard/Manu/Parker starting five and try to blow the game out early in OKC. 

While ignoring that MJ DID pass the ball.

This.  I mean, two of the most iconic plays of his career was passing the ball to wide open point guards to hit gametitle winning shots.

• Like 1

For me, it's not a case of "He should have taken it because he's Lebron".  For me, it's a case where I feel like he had a better look than the guy he passed to.  I still contend he would have gotten a whistle on that play if there was contact, too. 

ESPN has what I found to be an interesting article on the Spurs.  Small excerpt from the intro follows. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10955188/gregg-popovich-tim-duncan-stories

We're talking about it again because the Spurs are tantalizingly close to another NBA Finals appearance. Provided they find a way to survive this almighty struggle with their uberathletic nemeses from Oklahoma City in the Western Conference finals, it would be the sixth time Pop and Timmy lead the team from the league's fourth-smallest TV market onto the sport's biggest stage, chasing their fifth title together to pull even with Bryant's haul.

Kobe, Avery and many others have been asked in recent weeks to talk about the Spurs to help us in our unending quest, after all these years of concealment, to get a better sense of how the man steeped in military intelligence and his own QB for 17 years (and counting) really operate.

(Kobe) “I'm jealous of Tim, playing for the same historically great coach for his entire career.”

Stephenson may be costing himself a ton money by doing this shit. He's spent the better part of the ECF acting like a complete jackass and making a fool of himself.

That being said I still really want some desperate team to offer him the max.

Stephenson said Bird told him to cut out the antics.

The first quarter was Stephenson telling Bird to go fuck himself.

On one hand, it's terribly unprofessional and stupid.

On the other hand, I would dearly love to tell Larry Bird to go fuck himself, so I kinda like Lance at the same time.

Hey guys, I looked up the score on yahoo and it said it was 48-84.

That's. I mean...that's not right, is it?

God, of course that's not right.

It's 86-51.

Stephenson didn't get got but the Pacers sure as hell did. This is the kind of loss that tends to destroy a franchise. I have no idea where Indy goes from here, if they retool, try to trade Hibbert, or stay the course. Absolutely amazing performance from Miami tonight, they came out and did exactly what they needed to do and unlike so many times in the past they didn't let up and kept their foot on Indy's throat.

Yes. As it turns out the key to having home court for game 7 is actually making sure the series gets to game 7. It has to be soul crushing for Indy to fight so hard all season thinking that HC and a game 7 at home was the key to getting to the fnals only to not have it matter whatsoever in the end.