DVDVR Message Board

Post an Interesting Picture

Guest The Magnificent 7

Posted Image

And more here - http://gizmodo.com/any-animal-that-touches-this-lethal-lake-turns-to-stone-1436606506

There's a deceptively still body of water in Tanzania with a deadly secret—it turns any animal it touches to stone. The rare phenomenon is caused by the chemical makeup of the lake, but the petrified creatures it leaves behind are straight out of a horror film.

Photographed by Nick Brandt in his new book, Across the Ravaged Land, petrified creatures pepper the area around the lake due to its constant pH of 9 to 10.5—an extremely basic alkalinity that preserves these creatures for eternity.

• Like 3

That's interesting.  I wonder what attracts the animals to such a salty lake.

That's some Dungeons and Dragons shit right there...

I'm guessing some of the birds might be migrating and are not familiar with it. 

Yeah, that match did happen.  They converted a helipad for some event several years ago.  Freaky-deaky stuff.  What happens if a ball falls off the edge?

It wasn't a match and both guys were very obviously going half-speed and nervous about moving around.  There's a net surrounding the helipad but....not still not much room for error. 

I almost don't believe it's real, surely the damage done to the boats in the process of loading them up would be ridiculous?

Another angle, same thing:

Posted Image

Cue the Xzibit...Yo, Dawg, I heard you like boats, so I put boats on your boats on your boats.