DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Dirk signing for that much pretty much confirms to me that Cuban didn't feel like Carmelo was coming over.  Dirk said this week that he was going to wait to see what Melo doing before he signed a deal.  Unless Carmelo decided to take like 14 mil ;)

Fake Woj is amazing. The shit he was throwing at the wall to get people to bite is great.

Kobe demand trade, Lakers consider amnesty

Lebron hurts knee

Dwight and McHale have heated fight

Just crazy shit out of NBA2K

So now Sarver decides to pry open the wallet? The guy who sold multiple first round picks and made the worst trade in history; Kurt Thomas and TWO 1st round picks for a 2nd rounder, is going to spend the money to acquire Lebron and Melo/Bosh to go with paying a ton to Eric Bledsoe?

Well Steve Nash will certainly be irritated. Sarver cheaped out when he could've had multiple championships I don't see him now deciding he wants to win and spend a lot. It would be amazing though.

Hmm...

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 

ESPN sources say reps from Cavs, Suns, Rockets and Mavs have all met with agent Rich Paul in Cleveland while LeBron has been on vacation

Dirk hold off signing any papers! LOL!

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne 

Lakers made it clear to Melo today they'd offer the maximum, 4-yr, $97mil contract they can, if he chose them.

So I would assume they'd use the stretch provision on Nash (or deal him w/ a future pick) to sign Melo and keep Pau since that would be the only way they'd keep Pau. I dunno...

If Lebron, Melo and Bosh all head West, it would be a disaster for the East. You don't really see a lot of East teams mentioned in the mix for anyone. Its like the Bulls and then you see the Cavs and Heat being mentioned. No one else.

If they go West the East is completely shot as a conference. It'll be the early 2000's all over again but 10x worse. The only hope the East would have is if the West turns into the Bataan Death March of conferences and the West champion is just too exhausted and beaten up but that only really happens in hockey.

The thing that would bother me the most about Lebron leaving would be Haslem opting out and losing all that money. Wade will recoup most, if not all of the money he gave up and Bosh could get a raise but Haslem is never going to see it again as a player.

Lebron really needs to just sign a one year contract ever year and drive every one fucking insane. It would be the greatest and worst thing in the history of basketball. Every year is round the clock rumors and Decisioning.

The way things are going the last week or so, I think Zach Lowe could literally publish his Grantland NBA 2014 Off-season articles in a book.

A very large book.

Dude must be on coke or something, he's cranking out so many words.

The way things are going the last week or so, I think Zach Lowe could literally publish his Grantland NBA 2014 Off-season articles in a book.

A very large book.

Dude must be on coke or something, he's cranking out so many words.

Dude was on the BS Report the other day talking about going on vacation.  To Vegas.  To watch Summer League.  That man is a basketball machine and we're all better for it.

• Like 1

How the fuck is this LeBron stuff still gaining traction? They all opted out to take less money to sign a bench...  Is that not what's happening? Where is anyone getting the idea that LeBron wants out from? This shit was over more than a week ago and it's still front page news with bullshit "sources"  ugh

The amounts they are rumoured to sign for will not allow the Heat to sign an actual bench, that's the problem. If Bron Bron goes somewhere else, Bosh is gone too, so Miami is left with D-Wade and whoever else signs there. I think Lowry staying in Canada fucked up LeBron's plan big time.

• Like 1

I agree with Niners. The problem is that the bench they are going to pick up is still going to be old and a bunch of veterans exceptions because those hustle and energy guys are getting paid HUGE amounts for other teams with money to blow. 

Also, the fact the Blazers blew that much on Kaman gives me hope that was the Diaw offer and Diaw sticks with the champs another couple of years.