DVDVR Message Board

Things TNA Has Done That We Like

I liked when Gunner gave Jesse Neal a piledriver on the floor and everyone actually sold it like it was a big deal.

And the Reaction interview with Flair afterward where he said Gunner's a killer, HE'S KILLED PEOPLE! HE'S A MANCHILD!

Extending NWA's life for a little while

Making Christian

Eric Bisschoff on Spanish Guitar

Unlimited Flair bleeding & furious seizure promos

Joker Sting (which I generally wasn't even really into, but that promo on Roode..)

That short period where everyone was talking about Joe/Angle

The juniors multi-man stuff from the early PPVs

Beer Money

Eric Young

Joseph Park

Actually using Japanese and Mexican dudes from other promotions, no matter how badly

Pushing that kid from NWA Wildside who used to team with Air Paris to a point where he is now a pretty credible singles gaijin New Japan can use

edit: Oh and having that digest version of Crouching Red, Hidden Lowki

edit2: Yeah and obviously the disgruntled West & Schiavone promos

WHAT DIDN'T WORK

Enabling Nash

The Band

Nash

Nash

Nash

I enjoyed that period of time where we were being led toward Low Ki vs. Kevin Nash for the X title. My GOD, what might've been!

Yes...what could have been.

nashx.jpg

Ah, yes, but the match that happened on the way there ... I'm certain we'd still be talking about it to this day.

Dude, that AJ-Abyss cage match at Lockdown was on point.

Love this match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QCgwpIqKc

Some people on this board disregard the cage match between Christian abd Abyss from the next year as they say it resembles the AJ match so match but I still like it

Which reminds me... how great was the Generation Next v Embassay war games match in ROH? Abyss was amazing in that

Dude, that AJ-Abyss cage match at Lockdown was on point.

Love this match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QCgwpIqKc

Some people on this board disregard the cage match between Christian abd Abyss from the next year as they say it resembles the AJ match so match but I still like it

Which reminds me... how great was the Generation Next v Embassay war games match in ROH? Abyss was amazing in that

One of my favorite ROH matches. Abyss in general was great in ROH, he looked like a true giant monster next to the ROH sized guys, and his interactions with Shelley in the Embassy were great.

While i'm at it, Embassy Shelley was his best run ever and one of my favorite heels characters in recent memory.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Edwin

I'm legit surprised people liked Jeff Jarrett MMA. I thoroughly enjoy it because it's so fake and bad that it leads to hilarity. If you like it and think it's good for something other than comedic relief, then I really have no idea to think.

• 1 month later...

I always thought a DVDVR type of set for TNA would do the company wonders in years time. Without the awful angles and pointless backstage segments, without the interruptions, the DQs, the over the top feuds and everything that makes TNA... TNA, people would react in a "what was so bad about the company?" way.

This was one of my favorite things from 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1_163iV14

And say what you want about the announcers, at least every single word they said was about the match and the women in the ring.

I always thought a DVDVR type of set for TNA would do the company wonders in years time. Without the awful angles and pointless backstage segments, without the interruptions, the DQs, the over the top feuds and everything that makes TNA... TNA, people would react in a "what was so bad about the company?" way.

Yeah, but what would we put on the other half of the DVD?

253.jpg

I thought I'd posted this on a thread like this before (maybe I overlooked it), but the James Storm-Bobby Roode street fight from Bound for Glory 2012 is easily in my all-time Top 10, and probably in the Top 5. I think WWE is missing it with Storm, and maybe with Roode, too, but definitely with Storm.

• Like 1