DVDVR Message Board

APRIL WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Everyone might want to check their DVRs, I just did and RAW is split up into 3 seperate one hour shows, and listed as a repeat featuring highlights from WrestleMania 29 with The Rock. Just a heads up, don't know if it's exclusively a Charter thing or not.

Well fuck, then I probably missed most of Raw. Happened last week too. Charter is a bunch of dickholes.

Everyone might want to check their DVRs, I just did and RAW is split up into 3 seperate one hour shows, and listed as a repeat featuring highlights from WrestleMania 29 with The Rock. Just a heads up, don't know if it's exclusively a Charter thing or not.

Well fuck, then I probably missed most of Raw. Happened last week too. Charter is a bunch of dickholes.

I'm dealing with those Charter dipshits myself.

Raw is always screwed up on my DVR.  I have a series recording but have to change it because the show is split or something every few weeks.

I guess I'm going to this on Thursday, will do a writeup for y'all on it. Anybody have any info on the talent? The names I have are Harker Dirge (the champ), Blake Steel (dude with the chain), John Gresham, Angelus Layne, and Kay Lee Ray. 

Going by the flyer, I see Mississippi Madman(huge black dude), Da Cobra(bandanna), and Bear St. Pierre.

1426746_626720864063944_1691790468_n.jpg

I guess I'm going to this on Thursday, will do a writeup for y'all on it. Anybody have any info on the talent? The names I have are Harker Dirge (the champ), Blake Steel (dude with the chain), John Gresham, Angelus Layne, and Kay Lee Ray. 

Angelus & Kay Lee were only in for the 4/3 show, on their way to 'Mania.  Dirge & Steel I believe are in only occasionally.  Rest of the guys are OK, a step above backyarders.  Their only real claim to fame is having Justin King's brother Robert as a ref. (This is the promoter that didn't know who Meltzer was, BTW)

I was hoping to go to the one last week, when I was on vacation, but after three weeks of running weekly they decided to only do the two shows in April.  Instead-of going to the 4/3 show, I went to sleep for 13 hours.  My normal schedule precludes doing anything on weeknights, so I've seen 'em twice live at the Sweetcorn Festival, and sometimes watch the weekly 1/2 hour show the run on Urbana's public access channel.

I would advise extreme drinking.

• Like 1

Since we're on the subject of local indies, I'm really psyched for May 2nd to get to see ACH vs. Alex Shelley. And my old tag partner and high-school-best-friend, Davey Vega, get to wrestle one of his idols, Chris Hero.

Man, you oughtta look him up. He's special. Great high-flyer and all, but those are a dime a dozen on the indies. What's so great about him is he's just got this magnetic personality that you can't help but really like him. He's an incredible athlete and good-looking guy who SHOULD be a stuck-up douche, but instead he's as positive as DDP and nerdy as fuck.

He's like Vin Diesel or Anthony Mackie.

ACH is a cool dude and really works to the connect with the crowd, instead of doing his gymnastics and fitting his shit in like some robot. Just a fun, contagious personality. I think he'd fit in on WWE TV - but he's not very big, which despite Daniel Bryan is still an issue. He could probably replace Justin Gabriel though.