DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Yeah - I think people forget that you can represent all the different factions so its not like I am stuck with Dead Orbit.

I might switch New Monarchy though just to get stuff with Intelligence - since I so need to shorten the cooldown on my super

• Like 1

Yeah - I think people forget that you can represent all the different factions so its not like I am stuck with Dead Orbit.

I might switch New Monarchy though just to get stuff with Intelligence - since I so need to shorten the cooldown on my super

NM items are also melee friendly which goes with your punch 'em in the face fighting style.

NM items are also melee friendly which goes with your punch 'em in the face fighting style.

At least when fighting Vandals, the Warlock's melee attack might be my favorite thing ever. I get so much weird pleasure out of basically force pushing them out of reality.

• Like 1

At least when fighting Vandals, the Warlock's melee attack might be my favorite thing ever. I get so much weird pleasure out of basically force pushing them out of reality.

I have powered many a Warlock's Energy Drain in the Crucible.  Not fun...

I like being a Bladedancer, but I really do miss my Gunslinger throwing knife.  Having Optic Camo is pretty sweet.  Kneeling and going invis has saved my ass quite a few times and backstabbing people who wander by and don't notice me is also a plus.

I apparently got a medal for killing a player with a sticky grenade but I don't remember doing that.

I need to practice Blink.  I really suck at it.

I have powered many a Warlock's Energy Drain in the Crucible.  Not fun...

I like being a Bladedancer, but I really do miss my Gunslinger throwing knife.  Having Optic Camo is pretty sweet.  Kneeling and going invis has saved my ass quite a few times and backstabbing people who wander by and don't notice me is also a plus.

I apparently got a medal for killing a player with a sticky grenade but I don't remember doing that.

I need to practice Blink.  I really suck at it.

Being a low level, I attempted the easy Crucible bounty of just playing five control matches. My only success came with charging up close and attacking with my shotgun or using Nova Bomb on some unsuspecting soul when I had it charged.

I hate PVP shooters.

I also really wish that characters could transfer across platforms, kinda like how your WoW characters could transfer over to any machine or OS that you had WoW installed on. If that were possible, I probably would also buy the game for the 360 to roll with you guys on there. The social aspect of this game is so much fun and it gets a little tiresome soloing stuff.

Again - why does no on listen to me

Don't make me go back to like the 10 page of this thread

Oh, I know.  Just trying to guess what the new shiny penny game is.  Hyrule Warriors, probably.

I said it before, but whenever I'm on the PS4 to play some Destiny, which is usually every day, and I see Vinyl on, he's doing YouTube shit.

I think Fresh has the problem I used to have, which was liking the process of buying the video game, having it, but never playing it.

I have this problem, which is why my backlog is so high. Also, "oh crap, that's cheap, MUST BUY" impulses. The new, shiny toy is always neater than the toy you really need to get your already wasted money's worth on any day of the week I guess.

I also really wish that characters could transfer across platforms, kinda like how your WoW characters could transfer over to any machine or OS that you had WoW installed on. If that were possible, I probably would also buy the game for the 360 to roll with you guys on there. The social aspect of this game is so much fun and it gets a little tiresome soloing stuff.

I have been tempted to do this too just because I know the 360 hijinx might be more fun.

When the game came out, Havoc immediately made a Hunter, and I made a Warlock. Then Cris bought it and without consulting either of us, made a Titan. Later, Havoc joined Dead Orbit (he liked the colours), and I joined Future War Cult (I liked the idea of having Intelligence and Discipline - and the philosophy*). Then, without asking either of us, Cris joined New Monarchy.

* Dead Orbit think we need to abandon Earth and run away. New Monarchy think we should appoint a Dictator to wield absolute power. Future War Cult think we will be fighting forever.

I think i might be dumping this game. I like it well enough during co-op, but my brother, who's the main person i pay co-op with, seems to have no life, as he instantly jumped levels ahead of me. Now, it's really boring running around as a titan when there's a super leveled hunter killing everything in front of you

Stop misrepresenting the New Monarchy, you cultist. We're simply concerned about the leadership of the City, and whether we're allowing ourselves to be beholden to the anonymous representative of a dying alien rather than trying to re-establish mankind's golden age.

(And when you have to shoehorn roleplaying elements that basically don't exist in the actual game in just to make the endless grind sort of interesting, you know you're running out of game.)

I think i might be dumping this game. I like it well enough during co-op, but my brother, who's the main person i pay co-op with, seems to have no life, as he instantly jumped levels ahead of me. Now, it's really boring running around as a titan when there's a super leveled hunter killing everything in front of you

Don't give up the game, invite others into your fireteam to help you gain levels. Also playing on harder difficulties evens out the differences in levels a little or at least keeps the higher player from blowing through entire rooms full of enemies.

So, finally figured out the faction stuff which I'm sure you all already know.  It's basically like double dipping.  If you're wearing the faction gear when you do vanguard stuff it counts toward the faction and same for crucible.  So, seems like it's pretty important to join a faction as soon as you can.  

Well, the Crucible festivities got off to an awesome start last night.  Pity it didn't last.  We went 1-4 in Clash matches.  We delivered a beatdown, got our asses handed to us twice, and lost two really close heartbreakers.

Curse you, msmortician86.

I started off a Master Killer and had an even K/D in the second match, but ended up being the Bullet Bitch in two matches straight.  The other team just camped our spawn point and headshot us as we regenerated.  FRUSTRATION~!

We had the fifth match in the bag until shit unraveled in the last two minutes, when our points leader, eggplant her0, and our team meat shield, dEAD HARDY19 (I was sad for the guy.  I hate the feeling you get when it seems that everyone on the other side is only shooting at you.), kept blundering into the same ambush spot.

I have two Vanguard bounties and one Queen's Wrath bounty and all are related to Venus story missions, so it is off to the second rock from the sun this afternoon to deal with the Vex.  I may pound out everything, including the Strike, if Rippa is online and feels like grinding out story plot missions so we can get our asses to Mars.

Hey!

I have almost maxed out the Bladedancer skills.  Gonna have to go back to being a Gunslinger pretty soon.

Went to the Crucible again because I had the bounty that requires completion of 5 Control matches. I had 3, so I figured what the hell. I was at Level 10, next lowest guy on my team (in either match) was around 22 or so. Gotten to the point where I don't think I'm a complete liability, but obviously I'm not on the level of some of these people.

Second match was back-and-forth between our two teams, and with about two minutes left, I said "fuck it" and camped myself in a turret overlooking Zone B (don't ask me which map. . .I'm not 100% sure), which our team was in control of. Clock gets down to about 20 seconds, and I see a guy duck into a building, knowing that he's going to come out to try to take Zone B. He pops out, I unload on him, and kill him to give our squad the lead with about 10 seconds left. So that felt pretty good.

Got my first blue weapon out of the deal, too, which was nice.

• Like 1

You don't gain rank for Vanguard or Crucible, you just gain rank with the Faction you choose. You still gain Vanguard and Cruicble marks, which you use to buy stuff.

Yep, so if you play an equal amount of vanguard and crucible normally, it will take you half the time to rank up with your faction and be able to buy gear from them than if you were just getting vanguard or crucible rep. 

Decided to quit screwing around and try to get as much rep as I could last night.  Did the daily and then did some vanguard strike playlist on lvl 24 and then did some crucible.  I realized on crucible that I wasn't wrecking shop as much as I could have because of my style of play.  I've been too aggressive.  So I dialed it back and tried to find spots where I could see a good distance in all directions and that's worked much better for me.