DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Got through the PlanetView last night and redeemed the code.  

The Sign of the Finite will be waiting for me at the Special Orders Vendor at launch.

post-26953-0-24296200-1409740496_thumb.j

You can redeem your codes for the Grimoire cards right now, but you won't be able to see any of the codex info online until after launch.

What do these emblems do anyway?

Emblems show up as markings on your uniform.  I thought they were just decoration but it looks like some emblems have passive characteristics.  I imagine that some boost stats or give you an additional ability depending on how rare the item is.

Some of the emblems also have particle effects.  The Warlock in the Venus gameplay trailer has an emblem that glows.

• Like 1

Live action trailer

This really, really, really should have been played in front of Guardians of the Galaxy and the Ninja Turles. I would love to see this on the big screen.

That looked awesome!

One minor nitpick.   The US Flag on the moon has been expose to constant sunlight and cosmic radition since the first moon landing.  

We already know from telescope photos that the flag's fabic has been completely sun-bleached. to the point where it is completely devoid of all colors.

Turned my PS4 on and my pre ordered Destiny started downloading. Tuesday is almost upon us.

Did your Vanguard Armory download? I got an error message.

Nope. Wouldn't download for me either. I'll try it again after the main game gets done downloading.... which hopefully will be done before Tuesday.

Oh, for fellow PS4 types. . .once I do get on, the odds are pretty good that I'm not going to have a headset right away. Hopefully that a) won't be a permanent thing and b) won't handicap me too much during the time I won't have one.

Oh, for fellow PS4 types. . .once I do get on, the odds are pretty good that I'm not going to have a headset right away. Hopefully that a) won't be a permanent thing and B) won't handicap me too much during the time I won't have one.

They're like $15 man. Go grab one.

Last one for the day, maybe.

Help about the PS4 downloads, haven't found anything for you guys about the armory issue.  I thought you just went to the vanguard armory dude in the tower after you load the codes.  

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/09/05/destiny-preload-now-and-prepare-for-tuesday/

Destiny: Preload Now and Prepare for Tuesday

avatar_37.jpg?m=1194452750+ Posted by Eric Lempel on Sep 05, 2014 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

destiny-two-column-01-ps4-us-07jul14.png

Hi everybody – Since we’re just days away from the launch of Destinyon PS4 and PS3, I wanted to let you know that the game is now available for pre-load on PlayStation Store in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.

This means if you’ve pre-ordered Destiny digitally via PlayStation Store, you’ll be able to begin downloading the game on PS4 or PS3 starting now. Once you’ve downloaded the game, you’ll be ready for the official Destiny launch this Tuesday, September 9th.

Here are your options for pre-loading Destiny:

• Take no action; Destiny will begin automatically downloading, provided that “auto-download” has been enabled on your PS4 or PS3. Over the next few days, your system will check for updates and the game will begin downloading by Monday, in time for the release on Tuesday.
  • If you can’t wait until then, you can enable the download manually. In PlayStation Store, navigate to the Destiny game page and click the “download” button. If you haven’t yet preordered, you can preorder and then begin downloading.

The game won’t be available to play until 12:00am Pacific Time / 3:00am Eastern Time on September 9th, but you’ll be ready for the ultimate Destiny experience on PlayStation.

Have a great weekend!

Well done misanthrope, now get me some codes for some rare, badass armor types :D .  Please ;) .

Once I dominate the Darkness and make it my bitch you can be mentioned on my statue.

10636118_780947451961808_502374383561397

I also want a space tiger that I will name Bubastis.

• Like 1

Hey Brisco, you enter the codes at Bungie.net.  

Basically, you can log in there through your PSN or Xbox Live account and set up your Destiny profile.  There is a tab that will let you redeem all these codes.

Once you start playing the game, there are places at the social hub/Tower where you can unlock like the grimoire cards, shaders, etc.

Good looking out with the codes!   I think I have all of the Grimoire entries.   The top code in the Emblem column is for the PlanetView free emblem and all of the other Emblem codes were redeemable for me.

Thank God for the Shader codes.  Now I don't have to run around with crap brown colored armor for my pending Titan.