DVDVR Message Board

Name The Big Men Better Than Mark Henry

If you buy Edge's spear you buy it.  To me it was transparently awful, especially once it became a telegraphed spot prefaced by the awful hair pulling schtick in the corner and people no longer went out of their way to even try to bump big for it.  People give Cena shit for the AA, but a fireman's carry from that height, from a guy of his strength is something I find way more believable than Edge's modified double leg takedown.  

Kaitlyn has the upper body definition to pull off looking like she's actually tackling all of the divas. The reason Hardy was one of the only ones the spear ever looked good on is because that was the only person Edge looked like he could actually take down in such a way. Looking good once or twice doesn't make it a good spot - think of how many stupid and contrived times Rey has hit the 619 or Orton has hit the draping DDT and everyone was thinking "Why did he just land there awkwardly in perfect position for his opponent's signature spot despite the opponent making no real effort to put him there?"

I don't remember if it was Seth Rollins in his Tyler Black days or Marek Brave, but one of them did a spear that went right into a floatover bridging pin. They weren't the biggest guys and the impact itself didn't look that hard, but the way they went right into a pin with it made it make sense.

I don't really think size is a valid excuse for Edge's spear not looking great. Jimmy Jacobs absolutely creamed people with his spear, and the size difference between him and most ROH workers was equivalent or even greater than the difference between Edge and most WWE guys. The problem with Edge's spear is that most of the time at the point of impact he was already on his news, and the momentum would carry the recipient down instead of back, 

Kaitlyn's spear is more effective and I'm not kidding! She's been killing other divas.

Kaitlyn has one of the better spears I can recall honestly.

Doesn't a lot of that have to do with AJ being a bumping maniac whose limbs snap and flail in terrifying ways?

Kaitlyn's spear is more effective and I'm not kidding! She's been killing other divas.

Kaitlyn has one of the better spears I can recall honestly.

Doesn't a lot of that have to do with AJ being a bumping maniac whose limbs snap and flail in terrifying ways?

Her non-AJ spears look pretty good as well. AJ just makes it look even better.

• Like 1