DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Between the great main event, a teased Titus push, Sasha vs Charlotte and that one Rosebud in the little black dress - this was one of the better Main Events in recent memory. Crowd were not biting on E&C's comedy routine at all, but Rose did fine and his girls were smoking hot.

E&C's comedy routine was a heel thing, it doesn't work as babyfaces.

Sasha is obviously getting brought up with Charlotte, and deservedly so. I'd say Cameron should be worried, if she wasn't valuable on Total Divas - they might work as a team with Sasha bringing the workrate and Cameron bringing......what she brings.

That was indeed Mandy.  Now if I could figure out who the one in the Laura Croft getup was.  She looks familiar.  So do a couple of the other ones but I can't place a name to the faces.

I'm glad Sasha got a chance on a bigger stage.  I thought Edge and Christian were good in their goofing around.  The build for Rose ditching everybody is increasing, hopefully they have a good plan for him to stay relevant.  As it is he doesn't have much else going for him.  And they can't really make him into a Leo Kruger either.

Adam being the 'Bill Cosby' of WWE is RIGHT THERE and should be done. There is so much WWE can do with the douchebag party guy that may or may not slip people ruffies. I see a violent streak coming. "Oh!? You don't want to party anymore!?" *Kendo Stick to the face*. "Not having fun are we!? No problem!". *Steel Chair shot to the back*. WWE should get really ridculous and have Adam Rose FORCE  a party on someone under the guise of 'fun'. Imagine someone like Ryback or Bryan coming out to cut a serious promo and then all of a sudden confetti starts falling and Adam Rose and The Rosebuds come to the ring and start dancing essentially cutting off Serious Promo Time. Rose of course would turn that impromptu party into something that is all about him and will attack the orginial speaker. I hope WWE doesn't give up on the guy because with just some more creative juices put into him, he can become easily one of the most unlikable characters in WWE.

• Like 1

I'd say Cameron should be worried, if she wasn't valuable on Total Divas - they might work as a team with Sasha bringing the workrate and Cameron bringing......what she brings.

Sasha & Cameron-

The Ratchet Family

The Rock-N-Ratchet Connection

RWA (Ratchets with Attitude)

...but really WWE should trade them out. Sasha comes up to the main, Cameron goes to NXT and learns be not be the worst diva in the company

(yes, she's even worse than Eva because I don't think Eva was really trained, Cameron has been around longer is makes just as many mistakes, to me that's worse)

NXT specials normally have about 5 matches. Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Charlotte, and Nattie (for what she's worth) around out a pretty good five. Using those 5 we would need 2-3 more matches and I am not sure how the rest of the women stack up. Bring back Paige and Emma for a One-Night-Only type of deal and that would make for a pretty damn solid 2 hours.

BFF triple threat: Sasha/Charlotte/Summer

Bayley/Becky

Nattie/whoever from the main roster (Brie w/Nikki, maybe) with the angle being Nattie/Tyson.

Carmella/Blue Pants

Paige/Emma (set up an Emma heel turn as she is once again unable to beat her old rival)

Alexa Bliss/Mia Yim

There also Alexa Bliss(who's been off TV for a few weeks).

Throw in A.J. if/when she returns and also Naomi.  Naomi could be considered a product of their developmental system since she wasn't a wrestler before starting with FCW.

EDIT:  Forgot Carmella.

Guest Ramo2653

Are the rings used on the main roster bigger than the NXT ring? I would assume they would be the same size, but everything looked bigger during the Charlotte/Sasha match.

Or is it just a combo of camera angles and arena size?

Really good Paige vs. Nikki Bella match this week.  I'm sure your mileage may vary as to where the credit lies for that.  Got 10+ minutes, which is a marathon for a women's match on the main roster...

Good stuff, great to see them get a solid amount of time for a change. Thought both girls looked pretty good throughout. Hope if they have a PPV rematch, it goes similarly well.