DVDVR Message Board

Impact/Wrestle-1

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/25408/report-vince-russo-could-ruin-wrestle-1-tna-deal

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

As previously reported, before Jeff Jarrett left TNA he brokered a deal for the company to work with Wrestle-1 in Japan. However, a new report says that Vince Russo's rumored consulting work with TNA may be a deal breaker.

Wrestle-1 doesn't want to have anything to do with Russo, considering him anti-Japanese because of comments he made while working for WCW and the way that he has booked Japanese talent in the past.

The W-1 guys will be used about as well as every other Japanese wrestler that came to TNA. Let's all remember how well they pushed the current IWGP champion.

For years now, I've been trying to find the segment where the Popo tortures Okada backstage but can't find him.

Wrestle-1 is short-selling Russo by considering him anti-Japanese.  He's much more of an all-around racist and xenophobe rather than biased against one specific nation.  Sexist too.

None of which bothers me nearly as much as the fact that he's just really bad at his job.

The title challengers for the joint W-1/TNA show were determined at today's W-1 show. It's going to be:

Magnus vs. KAI for the TNA World Heavyweight title

The BroMans vs. Shuji Kondo & Kaz Hayashi for the TNA World Tag Team titles

Austin Aries vs. Seiya Sanada for the TNA X Division title

What was that truth or fiction show, with Terry Funk wrestling dead in the ring? I keep coming back to that when I hear about Angle's health.

I remember an episode of X-Factor with that scenario.

Hey, if anything goes wrong, Kurt Angle can always go to Doglegs.

• Like 1