DVDVR Message Board

ANIMATED WRESTLING GIFS FOR 2014

RIPPA

There are indy guys here and in Mexico especially who have actually done far stupider shit than that for no pay at all, not minus their own transportation either. It's pretty astonishing how much stupid shit some are willing to do for so little. Although, I guess I shouldn't be shocked because the business does draw the kind of guys that are willing to do all sorts of stupid shit just to impress like 5 drunk frat boys.

Lots of wrestler fucked up their knees doing a lot of different things, why pick up with the guy doing the Tombstone through a table to the floor. Do you get the same reaction when you see people eating stuff they shouldn't eat? Or sleeping less than what they should sleep? Not doing exercise, etc. etc? All of those can be terrible for the person's health. Most people do dumb stuff concerning their health, why pick up on wrestlers trying to make a name? Just to point out how "stupid" they are so you can feel good about how "smart" you are? 

I enjoy apples and oranges as much as the next guy, but I find them difficult to eat together.  Doing a tombstone piledriver from the top rope through a table to the floor with another guy jumping on top of you is not the same as sleeping less than they should sleep. 

I think everyone's point is that doing a move like that is idiotic, because it is something that could end your career, or life, unnecessarily.  If your goal is to get to the WWE, that is not the way to do it, because your career won't last long enough to make it that far.  I understand that wrestling is a business that requires you to put your body on the line and eventually everyone does something they probably shouldn't do in a match.  The problem with doing that dumb spot is that it was a totally unnecessary risk in a profession that is already insanely dangerous. 

Exactly.

If they want to make it in the WWE or TNA or ROH, they should work on their bodies. Work on their facial selling. Take an improv class and do other stuff. Market themselves as something besides the painkiller addicts who star in a really kewl gif.

Lots of wrestler fucked up their knees doing a lot of different things, why pick up with the guy doing the Tombstone through a table to the floor. Do you get the same reaction when you see people eating stuff they shouldn't eat? Or sleeping less than what they should sleep? Not doing exercise, etc. etc? All of those can be terrible for the person's health. Most people do dumb stuff concerning their health, why pick up on wrestlers trying to make a name? Just to point out how "stupid" they are so you can feel good about how "smart" you are? 

I enjoy apples and oranges as much as the next guy, but I find them difficult to eat together.  Doing a tombstone piledriver from the top rope through a table to the floor with another guy jumping on top of you is not the same as sleeping less than they should sleep. 

I think everyone's point is that doing a move like that is idiotic, because it is something that could end your career, or life, unnecessarily.  If your goal is to get to the WWE, that is not the way to do it, because your career won't last long enough to make it that far.  I understand that wrestling is a business that requires you to put your body on the line and eventually everyone does something they probably shouldn't do in a match.  The problem with doing that dumb spot is that it was a totally unnecessary risk in a profession that is already insanely dangerous. 

Well, it's an apron to the floor through a table that it's supposed to take some of the impact. I never took a tombstone piledriver from Jake Christ, but as long as the head of the dude taking it never does any contact with the floor only the knees of the tombstoner take the impact. If the guys felt they could do it safely enough or that the risk was minimum and worth it, good for them, the Christs may not be top class workers but they are experienced enough to take care of themselves.

Not every wrestler will sign with the WWE. It's a precarious job and guys have to work their ass to make some money and most of the time that means that you have to try some stuff to get noticed. "But if you are good enough you don't need to do piledrivers through tables", but if promoters if you don't work good guys you don't learn, no one does. If you get the attention of fans you will be booked in better matches. Ofc, there is the "death match" trap where everybody starts asking you to do garbage and no one thinks you can actually wrestle.

Just found out that the guy who took it was JT Dunn who is not a guy who a lot of bumps, just your standard non charismatic indy guy doing indy matches with sharp moves. Had a pretty good match with Gargano in a Beyond Wrestling show. He won't start doing hardcore matches, he chose that spot. Now he may work on a higher match on the AJ Styles show, who knows? Maybe he wins the crowd, maybe he starts getting booked everywhere, maybe he wins ROH Top Prospect Tournament 2015, maybe he just fails miserably but I won't insult people for trying to make a name for themselves. If guys didn't have that drive and craziness on them the wrestling world be much more poor.

Then again, I don't think it was all that risky. I decided that I like JT Dunn for the time being, he's my age and all. There are a lot of things he has to work on, he also has to make some money and get over so he can work full time and so he can work better wrestlers who will help him improve. Let's go JT Dunn!

I thought it was stupid because I couldn't figure out what it was suppose to be.

Apaprently, doing a normal spike piledriver is for pussies.

I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a spiked tombstone, or if the guy coming off the top was going after the dude executing the tombstone, or if he was trying to dive on both of them... 

Christ, it was just fucking stupid looking.  Forget dangerous, it wasn't exciting.

• Like 1

I think I'm right on the verge of getting this.

Headlockfests > wrestlers in diapers > moves DVDVR doesn't approve of

Did I get it?

I also had no problem figuring out what was going on in that GIF right away but I might be a genius or something I dunno.

• Like 1

The only thing I've learned from that GIF is that JT Dunn is a retard and if I was a promoter I'd only be looking to book him if I was somehow looking for someone who might be willing to get anally raped in front of a live audience for the pay-off of gas money and a ham sandwich.

God the worst new trend is everyone being Super Carelords over whether indy wrestlers are doing sensible moves or not.

Well then the 2nd worst trend would be you (and a few others) constantly bitching about what people are talking about

• Like 8

God the worst new trend is everyone being Super Carelords over whether indy wrestlers are doing sensible moves or not.

Why are people still defending this move like it's not terrible looking, business exposing, excessive, and confusing in general? Even if you didn't care about the health of wrestlers it would still look awful.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like a bitch and contributing to the 2nd worst trend on the board...

Oh good, another fucking gimmick poster.

Not. I just have strong feelings about this issue and I am willing to argue politely with polite users but I may flip my lid when guys call hard working wrestlers retards for trying something risqué. That being said I agree that both points have been overstated and that we should move on with some awesome gifs like Lesnar flipping like crazy for Big Show. ^

• Like 1

What does the move expose exactly? And why is it confusing? It may look excessive to you but for that young man it may have been the extra payday he needed to pay his gym admission.

If that guy took any indy dates for two months after that (and if he didn't, please correct me for being wrong), it's business exposing: it's a goddamn tombstone piledriver through a table on the floor. Treating moves like that like headlocks is the reason people that get signed to WWE have to "re"learn how to work in NXT.

It's confusing because several posters commented that they had to watch it multiple times to understand what was even happening. I'm still trying to understand why the spiking dude was even there, like whatever he was doing to add to a *tombstone through a table to a floor* was worth what it likely did to his knees.

The suggestion that these guys somehow need to do this particular spot to earn a living is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Who thinks this shit is a good idea?  I was watching youtube videos while getting dressed and one of those best moves videos for Kenny Omega came on and he did a top rope tiger suplex and I just thought, "Who the fuck agreed to that shit?"  Any time it seems like the odds for a career ending/shortening injury is higher than things going 100% I just don't understand it why people agree to do it.

I was agreeing with this until I remembered Misawa/Kobashi from 2003 (platform to floor tiger) and the impression that made on me. I'm not sure how ethically sound or sustainable some of my preferences in pro wrestling are, but I'll be damned if I didn't jump 10 feet into the air when Kobashi came down.