DVDVR Message Board

ANIMATED WRESTLING GIFS FOR 2014

RIPPA

Who thinks this shit is a good idea?  I was watching youtube videos while getting dressed and one of those best moves videos for Kenny Omega came on and he did a top rope tiger suplex and I just thought, "Who the fuck agreed to that shit?"  Any time it seems like the odds for a career ending/shortening injury is higher than things going 100% I just don't understand it why people agree to do it.

I won't call anyone an idiot for going all out and do crazy shit. They now have a gif, more people know about the Irish Airbourne~ and they will get more bookings.

Also, I'm actually under the impression that CZW is fairly generous with their paydays. Who took the piledriver?

Also, much safer than the Bennett-Whitmer piledriver but that shouldn't be a standard for anything.

No. People can wrestle all day long. Be smart about it. Taking a super tombstone with some other retard jumping down on you is rather fucking stupid. Grab a headlock and do a fuckin' criss cross on the ropes or some shit. Wrestle. Don't do shit that could leave you in a wheelchair for nothing.

• Like 5

Cool spirit but wrestlers have to take risks to get noticed, otherwise they can't get work and nonoe of those guys has guarantee contracts. Who are we to say it's a dangerous spot? It's supposed to look dangerous, that's the point.

Guys are trying to make a living out of it, It's not an easy business for indy wrestler but if you don't have those guys giving it a try then you have no business. Punk did to, Bryan worked injury against all medical recomendations, Ambrose got noticed when he started doing garbage wrestler. People may say it was otherwise with Ambrose, but everybody was down on him as a worker and then suddendly he catch people's eyes, start getting better bookings, working better people and he got better.

Wrestling is hard. Highspots are a part of it. Now the guys have a gif going around, good for them. 

• Like 1

Cool spirit but wrestlers have to take risks to get noticed, otherwise they can't get work and nonoe of those guys has guarantee contracts. Who are we to say it's a dangerous spot? It's supposed to look dangerous, that's the point.

Guys are trying to make a living out of it, It's not an easy business for indy wrestler but if you don't have those guys giving it a try then you have no business. Punk did to, Bryan worked injury against all medical recomendations, Ambrose got noticed when he started doing garbage wrestler. People may say it was otherwise with Ambrose, but everybody was down on him as a worker and then suddendly he catch people's eyes, start getting better bookings, working better people and he got better.

Wrestling is hard. Highspots are a part of it. Now the guys have a gif going around, good for them. 

So the tl:dr version of this is "I gotta get my shit in, bro, RESPECT", right?

Thanks guys, I watched that tombstone thingy a bunch of times and didn't know what the fuck it was suppose to be.  You would think someone would go " :huh: " when the 2 or how many guys involved in a convoluted spot go over it. But communication everywhere is dying so, idk.

No. People can wrestle all day long. Be smart about it. Taking a super tombstone with some other retard jumping down on you is rather fucking stupid. Grab a headlock and do a fuckin' criss cross on the ropes or some shit. Wrestle. Don't do shit that could leave you in a wheelchair for nothing.

350x700px-LL-132f6993_tumblr_mpedl5NLwe1

• Like 2

No at all, nor am I arguing that "less is bore" and that you have to do lots of movez~! But if it was as easy as choosing one of the two extreme philosophies or "just wrestle" everyone can do it. There is a lot of trial and error in the way and there is room for highspots in wrestling.

Lots of wrestler fucked up their knees doing a lot of different things, why pick up with the guy doing the Tombstone through a table to the floor. Do you get the same reaction when you see people eating stuff they shouldn't eat? Or sleeping less than what they should sleep? Not doing exercise, etc. etc? All of those can be terrible for the person's health. Most people do dumb stuff concerning their health, why pick up on wrestlers trying to make a name? Just to point out how "stupid" they are so you can feel good about how "smart" you are? 

Of course, if most fans think that a spot is stupid and dangerous than even if the spot is super safe it will be bad business so I'l never argue that "the wrestlers were right, the crowd didn't get it/was wrong" and if you are turned out by that kind of thing that's cool. We're fans, we don't have to like and watch the same stuff. I just don't like the paternalistic "be smart about it" attitude as if you could learn to optimize your work without "being dumb" and/or trying stuff in the way. 

Lots of wrestler fucked up their knees doing a lot of different things, why pick up with the guy doing the Tombstone through a table to the floor. Do you get the same reaction when you see people eating stuff they shouldn't eat? Or sleeping less than what they should sleep? Not doing exercise, etc. etc? All of those can be terrible for the person's health. Most people do dumb stuff concerning their health, why pick up on wrestlers trying to make a name? Just to point out how "stupid" they are so you can feel good about how "smart" you are? 

I enjoy apples and oranges as much as the next guy, but I find them difficult to eat together.  Doing a tombstone piledriver from the top rope through a table to the floor with another guy jumping on top of you is not the same as sleeping less than they should sleep. 

I think everyone's point is that doing a move like that is idiotic, because it is something that could end your career, or life, unnecessarily.  If your goal is to get to the WWE, that is not the way to do it, because your career won't last long enough to make it that far.  I understand that wrestling is a business that requires you to put your body on the line and eventually everyone does something they probably shouldn't do in a match.  The problem with doing that dumb spot is that it was a totally unnecessary risk in a profession that is already insanely dangerous.