DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

The Skins are interviewing Caldwell too according to NFL Network...

He might be the go-to guy for teams to satisfy the Rooney Rule but with no actual intent to hire.

Man, the best part of that article for breaking my heart. Schwartz finished 8 games better than the previous 5 year stretch. Remember the guy did take over a team on a 1-23 streak.

So, I am kinda defending his record. But this year was unforgivable.

Jim Caldwell?  Why the fuck would they have interest in Jim Caldwell?

So they dont ignore the Rooney Rule again?

I've always thought it was kinda unfair to not named that bs rule after Al Davis. I mean, shitty coaches come from all backgrounds, but at least Al hired a black dude because he was a coach and not because of affirmative action.

Having Sanders surely helped for awhile.

No doubt, but even after he walked away, the team didn't collapse.  Even when the coach quit mid-season, the team didn't collapse.  Then Matt Millen came in, and mediocrity became the halcyon days of yesteryear.

Schwartz built a team that had two excellent running backs on it but that would still go no back shotgun on 3rd/4th & 1 - twice - in the same game. You deserve to be fired for that.

Really, prior to Millen, the Lions were more often mediocre than out and out horrible.

If you haven't already, check out the "Football Life" episode on Millen. It's hysterical in his delusions. He claims they failed because he did what other people wanted even though he was the top decision maker. His son even throws him under the bus for changing his mind for no apparent reason at one draft.

This is a random side note, but I don't feel any tv network has ever more clearly pointed out that they hate their audience than the year ABC had Matt Millen in the booth for the Michigan/Michigan State game.  I mean, really?

Skins are also interviewing Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell.

I guess someone has to take the Skins job, right?

The talents been better in NYC, but I dont remember being very impressed when he was the DC in Buffalo. . . 

Jay Glazer is reporting that the Buccaneers are finalizing things with Lovie Smith.

EDIT: Apparently Leslie Frazier is expected to be his DC, with Jeff Tedford expected to fill the OC role.

I would think that based on talent alone the Lions job would be better, but Tampa is probably a nicer place to live. . . 

Jay Glazer is reporting that the Buccaneers are finalizing things with Lovie Smith.

EDIT: Apparently Leslie Frazier is expected to be his DC, with Jeff Tedford expected to fill the OC role.

I would think that based on talent alone the Lions job would be better, but Tampa is probably a nicer place to live. . . 

His defense in sweltering Florida heat will make Tampa a serious problem in the near future.  That's a great hire for them.

Mark Sanchez Version 3.

That's an insult to mark sanchez. . . .

Indeed, with his sexy self.  Any other Jets QB looks like Quasimodo next to him. I need to track down Sanchie.  I invited him to the house for NYE, but he didn't come!  How rude, and after I asked him to RSVP 174 times! :lol:;)

His defense in sweltering Florida heat will make Tampa a serious problem in the near future.  That's a great hire for them.

Absolutely, they should be back in contention very soon. . . . 

ESPN is saying that Smith would be bringing in Rod Marinelli as his DC, not Leslie Frazier.

Just assume a former Vikings HC not named Bud Grant will be doing it

I definitely would take 86 year old Jerry Burns running my defense over Marinelli

Steckel is a former Marine who served his country far too long and well to have to suffer in Tampa

• Like 1