DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 12/23/13

victor

Just came in to m

Fun main event. Loved both teams backstage promos, especially the super faces team, reminded me of an early 90s survivor series team promo. Liked the stereo AA & GTS post-match. Thrilled for Batista's return being official, very much looking forward to it.

Just came in to mention that interview segment with Punk/Cena/Langston as well. Such a fantastic segment. Definitely felt very old school. Did Cena call him Punker?

Thank you guys for bringing that up. I too was totally reminded of those old Survivor Series team promos featuring Hogan.

• Like 1

Memo to DVDVR: We're calling that the Code Gold from now on. 

kIVD9Vn.gif

Where is that Street FIghter guy.....

I marked out for this. A couple minutes earlier he hit a Goldicanranna on Swagger and then he does The Gold Rush (Code Gold doesn't have a good ring to it). Dustin continues to be awesome.

Memo to DVDVR: We're calling that the Code Gold from now on. 

kIVD9Vn.gif

Where is that Street FIghter guy.....

I marked out for this. A couple minutes earlier he hit a Goldicanranna on Swagger and then he does The Gold Rush (Code Gold doesn't have a good ring to it). Dustin continues to be awesome.

Another excellent match, since when has Goldust been breaking out all of these moves, I've never seen him do them before, including the somersault off the apron, best comeback ever!!!

The two six-man tags were very good...  Henry (Good) vs. Sandow (Bad) was entertaining. The divas all looked great but that clothesline thing they were doing was a head scratcher.

It's a shame it kept going to include all the divas, because the clothesline Nikki (I think) delivered when it was just two divas swinging was pretty awesome.

Actually, I agree with this totally. Then it got mind boggling and the crowd turned on it. On the other hand, there's no way that a few years ago Tamina would be allowed to wear her own gear in that match, even if it was for the best of everything involved, so good for them on that. Cole thinking Rosa Mendes was in the match was really funny.

To be fair, I don't think he could do that against anyone but Claudio. I'm sure it's also no coincidence that Tyler Black was the one to take the rana.

He did both moves against the Wyatt's on Raw this week...

That's what I get for posting before I watch!

Did Harper take both of them?

was searching around Twitter, and this is a solid idea: "i hope on raw next week mark henry still makes his entrance to his own entrance theme, while wearing a santa suit"

or at least a Christmas remix of the theme song

"Somebody gonna get a sweater knit

Somebody gonna get their tree lit"

• Like 11

He did both the moves against Harper, who's probably a top 5 guy on the roster right now.

That match was great. Three heat segments, structured to tease out Bryan getting his hands on Wyatt. The hot tag from Goldust to Bryan in the middle was one of the most heated I've seen in WWE in ages.

• Like 1

He did both the moves against Harper, who's probably a top 5 guy on the roster right now.

Okay, I think my point still (shakily) stands, then. :D

Point being that those moves (the Yoshi Tonic especially) rely very much on the cooperation and execution of the guy taking them. Not to take anything away from Dustin.

Wyatts vs. Bryan/Brotherhood was awesome. There were so many great little things in it, too. I love Bray only coming in after his thugs have complete control where he can lay in even crazier damage. And Bray yelling stuff all match, too. Man, that match was so friggin' great. Another for the list.

That SuperFriends promo was awesome, too. "I'm handing out beatings!"

• Like 1

Only caught a little of the show. Roman's head butt on Punk and then turning to grin at Cena was pure heel gold. This dude has IT. Also, as far as older-than-40 year olds having great runs, Nick Bockwinkel anyone?

I forgot the Superman punch. God, that is a fun spot. The WWE has serious gold on their hands with Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins. Mind you, they are legendary for fucking up sure things but for now, I see nothing but money for the Shield...until they put everyone younger than than 40 and not named "Randy Orton" on the back burner to make room for old man Batista.

I forgot the Superman punch. God, that is a fun spot. The WWE has serious gold on their hands with Reigns, Ambrose, and Rollins. Mind you, they are legendary for fucking up sure things but for now, I see nothing but money for the Shield...until they put everyone younger than than 40 and not named "Randy Orton" on the back burner to make room for old man Batista.

Right but Batista is far cooler than the Shield, and Reigns will be lucky to have anywhere near the career Batista did.

• Like 1