DVDVR Message Board

The 2024 NBA Playoffs

RIPPA

The West play-in games are tonight (4/16)

The East play-in games are tomorrow (4/17)

Friday are the two 8th seed games

Per Woj, the Bucks are "planning to be without Giannis" for at least the start of the Pacers series.  They hope he'll be back in a couple of weeks.

@Zimbra can be heard weeping as we speak.

• Sad 1

942774.jpg?b64lines=IERvbid0IGNyeSBmb3Ig

I became a fan during the "Maybe Michael Redd's knee won't fall apart this seas- Oop, there it goes" era so there's no way for the Bucks to hurt me that they haven't before.

And now they have a game Friday as their last chance to get in... Terrible double whammy

Edited by Brian Fowler

Looks like the Kings will get some measure of revenge for last year, but whether they or NO limp into the first round, it'll be a what-if series with all the injuries (assuming Zion continues having awful luck).

Edited by Contentious C

4 hours ago, blitzkrieg said:

Welp that was a pretty fitting way for the season to end with the way things have gone this year. Should at least be an interesting offseason for the Warriors.

They were a fun team to watch during the final two months. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

When I tell you how much I hate the Knicks...

Speaking of the Knicks and what the fuck,  on the recent Pablo Torres show on Youtube, he showed a 10 minute video that apparently the Knicks used to entice Lebron James during the 2010 free agency.    To say that thing aged incredibly horribly and was awkward at best in 2010  is an understatement.  And what makes it even worse is that they did an almost replica version for Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh with just the names changed.   

https://awfulannouncing.com/meadowlark/pablo-torre-knicks-lebron-james-recruiting-video.html

3 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Zion's out for the playoffs. He'll definitely miss the last chance playin game, and  even if they win "will be evaluated in the coming WEEKS" (emphasis mine) for hamstring issue.

And we're right back to "the human body just isn't meant to be that big and that explosive at the same time."

Philly get New York

Miami hosts Chicago 

Atlanta gets the boot

Tyler Herro tried his damnedest to get it done, but the Heat came up *just short*.  You could hear Philly's butts unclench when the clock finally hit 0.0.  😞  

Jimmy Butler tried to fight through injury, but his elbow is massively fucked right now.  He's out at least 2-3 weeks. 

So... um..... how bout them Panthers?  😕  

wish it was true 🙂

But seriously, this is the best possible setup for the Celtics. The 76ers with Embiid are on the other half of the draw, as is the Bucks, and either the Bulls or a very damaged Heat will be the first round opponent.

Of course, watch them "do the imploding all over the place" (tm Special1TV).

And Embiid gets hurt already in Game 1.  In other news water is wet.   Although he is out there for the 2ndd half.  Let's see how long this lasts

Love seeing my man Duece Mcbride blowing up.  Been waiting to show people he should be starting more

Edited by hammerva

On 4/20/2024 at 5:39 AM, Brian Fowler said:

God I want Miami to ruin Boston's season so fucking badly. I hate the fucking Celtics so much and it would be hilarious.

Well, the heat fans wanted Boston.. they got Boston. Right upside their head.

19 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Well, the heat fans wanted Boston.. they got Boston. Right upside their head.

Oh I don't give a fuck about the Heat. I just hate the Celtics.