DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/18 - 3/24/2024 - What Can I Say But, You're Welcome!

1 hour ago, Iron Moose said:

He's done it a few times in NXT.

Rad! Can't wait to see it in action

48 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Stevie did an analysis of how dangerous that cannonball type maneuver is to both the guy giving it and the guy taking it. 

It's totally reckless. I remember how he compressed Vinci a few months ago

Here's something else I remembered from last night, and it's all the fake barbed wire they have floating around in Ricochet's video intro (they used it for the "Tonight in action, Ricochet!" thing they were doing) and I cannot think of a single match he's ever been around barbed wire in. And he was in Lucha Underground. 

That has to be it for Nia’s story arc for now, right? Surely she’s not going to just show up next week and deck Becky from behind on the entrance ramp yet again for the umpteenth time….

• Like 1

The Creeds are both awesome and really need to be pulled aside before they end up hurting someone bad. I don't think it is so much disregard for their opponents as it is youthful naivety, but there is a point in many of their matches where they try something that would be perfect if this was all real but generally isn't done as you aren't legit trying to kill your opponents. I assume they'll get it at some point, I just hope they figure it out before something eventually goes wrong.

Roxanne/Tatum was good fun. Dug the aggression from both, and I'm loving heel Roxanne. The post match beatdown on Lyra was neat and a good final setup for Roxanne/Lyra II.

The Oba/Dijak/Briggs segment was alright and little amusing for the Shaft comments. Will be interesting to see if they go the 3-way route or just a singles match. Not sure which I would prefer.

The Gigi/Grace segment was short and fun. I look forward to seeing more of these two interact.

Frazer/Axiom vs. Dempsey/Borne was good stuff. Frazer and Axiom always look great so it as nice to see Dempsey and Borne take so much control and show more of what they can do. 

Sol/Brinley was a decent little showcase for both women.

Gulak/Riley was pretty solid with some nice action and neat surprises in the pinfalls. Would have liked to see them go more rounds and draw the match out more, but this was about giving Riley just enough of a showcase while continuing Thea's feud with Jacy and co. 

Hank & Tank vs. Good Brothers was a solid hoss fight.

Trick/Dar was good at a surprising level with how much chemistry Noam and Trick had. These are not two guys you would think would mesh so well, but they gelleed a good deal. Dug the bits with Lash clearly being a bit lost on her attraction to Trick vs. loyalty to M4.

At least 3 good matches with everything else being pretty decent-solid both match and segment wise. I'm liking the build going on with the women's division at war. Don't see War Games returning to NXT, but it kind of would be perfect with the feuds building and interacting. Hopefully we at least get a big tag at Stand and Deliver. Pretty solid show tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, username said:

The Creeds are both awesome and really need to be pulled aside before they end up hurting someone bad. I don't think it is so much disregard for their opponents as it is youthful naivety, but there is a point in many of their matches where they try something that would be perfect if this was all real but generally isn't done as you aren't legit trying to kill your opponents. I assume they'll get it at some point, I just hope they figure it out before something eventually goes wrong.

That was why After the Title match against Balor/Preist they got put on ice. Brutus did the Brutus Ball & landed on Priest's Head. 

• Like 1

When he's on, Booker is fucking fantastic. When he's off, silence would be better. Tonight was entirely the latter. (Roxy trying to break Lyra's arm a couple weeks back was the best of both worlds--I hate his "shucky ducky quack quack" shit, but when he said it in that incredibly solemn voice it was perfect)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really hope Axiom and Frazer end up as the Wolf Dogs' SAD opponents, partly because I got back into wrestling games before wrestling and Axiom was part of the bridge, partly because no other opponent currently on the table can guarantee a great match, but those two can.

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Sid got a punctured lung from taking the Steiners blockbuster suplex IIRC in 1989. 

Is that the flip-over-backwards Fallaway Slam? And I suppose, why Scotty stopped doing it? (As if he ever had empathy for his opponents...)

7 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

I really hope Axiom and Frazer end up as the Wolf Dogs' SAD opponents, partly because I got back into wrestling games before wrestling and Axiom was part of the bridge, partly because no other opponent currently on the table can guarantee a great match, but those two can.

They had a damn good match during the Dusty Cup. Would love to see them run it back, especially opposed to a Good Brothers match. 

• Like 1

Also, the closer we get to SAD, the more I think Roxanne should have either gone heel last summer right after the Blair feud, when they were teasing it but kept pulling back, or not at all. The months of having her pop somebody in the mouth over a falsely-perceived slight and then beat that person while working babyface have made her ACTUAL heel turn mean a lot less. It feels like the epitome of "we need her to have a heel run before she goes to a touring roster" but done far too late. Kind of dig the heel remix of her song, though.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Also, the closer we get to SAD, the more I think Roxanne should have either gone heel last summer right after the Blair feud, when they were teasing it but kept pulling back, or not at all. The months of having her pop somebody in the mouth over a falsely-perceived slight and then beat that person while working babyface have made her ACTUAL heel turn mean a lot less. It feels like the epitome of "we need her to have a heel run before she goes to a touring roster" but done far too late. Kind of dig the heel remix of her song, though.

I love Evil Roxanne that is going pick apart and tap out her opponents but I do wonder how much of her turn is filling the void left by Cora Jade's injury. 

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is that the flip-over-backwards Fallaway Slam? And I suppose, why Scotty stopped doing it? (As if he ever had empathy for his opponents...)

It’s one thing to injure job guys, but not injure stars. 

3 hours ago, blitzkrieg said:

I love Evil Roxanne that is going pick apart and tap out her opponents but I do wonder how much of her turn is filling the void left by Cora Jade's injury. 

That's a fair point about Cora. And I don't want to cast shade on Perez herself; if they had followed thru on this turn in Sept when they first teased it, it'd be fantastic, I just think they should have done it then instead of now.

3 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

The heel tease stuff only started in January. Before then they just pushed that she was getting more aggressive, and that particular started with the Blair feud as need to combat Blair on her level. 

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

The heel tease stuff only started in January. Before then they just pushed that she was getting more aggressive, and that particular started with the Blair feud as need to combat Blair on her level. 

But for like 4 months she was doing the exact same backstage shit she is now, just working face in the ring. It felt like they wanted to turn her but kept not doing it until the V-day build. I just think that build should have been finished and the turn complete before Deadline, maybe even No Mercy. 

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

But for like 4 months she was doing the exact same backstage shit she is now, just working face in the ring. It felt like they wanted to turn her but kept not doing it until the V-day build. I just think that build should have been finished and the turn complete before Deadline, maybe even No Mercy. 

Could be my mistake, but I think your memory is a bit faulty here. None of the heel stuff started to build until after Deadline.