DVDVR Message Board

X-Men '97 (Disney+ Series SPOILER THREAD)

Casey

Easily my most anticipated Marvel project in forever. X-Men & Spider-Man animated series in the 90s were my introduction to Marvel, so I’m here for this.

I know it’s streaming so you can watch anytime you want, but it feels like a missed opportunity to not have these episodes released on Saturday mornings.

EDIT: Ohhh, the show has its own thread now. Ballin’. I’ll be in here every week, no doubt. Don’t care if it’s just me.

TO ME, MY X-MEN!

Edited by Casey
  • Like 2

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to X-Men '97 (Disney+ Series SPOILER THREAD)
7 hours ago, Casey said:

LETS FUCKIN GO

Why are there two Rogues, and why does one look like Storm? Did they clone Rogue and then have Rogue 2 perma-steal Storm’s powers, like Rogue 1 has all of Captain Marvel’s?

6 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Jazzersize Storm

I'd say the rest of them minus Jean Grey (who is wearing a uniform with a torn tank top for what reason? To fit in?) have formed a beach volleyball team. And Morph is a Central Park Jogger. 

We all know this is a Pick-Up Game X-Men but hey, could be more than one thing

13 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'd say the rest of them minus Jean Grey (who is wearing a uniform with a torn tank top for what reason? To fit in?) have formed a beach volleyball team. And Morph is a Central Park Jogger. 

We all know this is a Pick-Up Game X-Men but hey, could be more than one thing

That’s Rogue, not Jean Grey.

She’s the ref for their pickup game of basketball (and she’s pregnant) 

5 hours ago, Casey said:

Easily my most anticipated Marvel project in forever. X-Men & Spider-Man animated series in the 90s were my introduction to Marvel, so I’m here for this.

This is how it is for me as well. I know Marvel mostly because of those 90s cartoons even F4, Hulk, and Iron man. X-men and Spider-Man were cut above the rest even with censoring screwing things up.

• Like 2

I have a CRT TV that I've been looking to hook up for NES/SNES/etc systems and I believe there's adapters to get current TV/streaming stuff to work on there.  So I'm hoping to have everything setup by March 20 because if so then I'll be back on that CRT watching this.  It would just feel right to me.  If not then I guess 4K TV will do but why not try going full nostalgia.  Either way I'm super hyped for this.

• Like 3

Not sure if I'm the only one but fuck it it's been forever and I'm watching the OG cartoon from the start. Knowing my viewing habits and attention span who knows if I'll see it all by then but might as well try.

Right off the bat I realize how truly special this show was. Watching it as a kid it was 90s colorful awesomeness while kinda realizing I was crushing hard on Storm (don't @ me, I'm sure a lot of us were/are) . Well all that still rings true but I kind of hate that I didn't watch this until now as an adult. Five episodes in so far and it's super apparent how much this hits different which I fucking love.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Not sure if I'm the only one but fuck it it's been forever and I'm watching the OG cartoon from the start. Knowing my viewing habits and attention span who knows if I'll see it all by then but might as well try.

Right off the bat I realize how truly special this show was. Watching it as a kid it was 90s colorful awesomeness while kinda realizing I was crushing hard on Storm (don't @ me, I'm sure a lot of us were/are) . Well all that still rings true but I kind of hate that I didn't watch this until now as an adult. Five episodes in so far and it's super apparent how much this hits different which I fucking love.

I started a rewatch a few months ago, but stopped because there were other shows on (and leaks were saying 97 wouldn’t premiere until like the fall or winter).

Started it back up yesterday, only a little ways through Season 2. Totally forgot Carol Danvers made an appearance in this for Rogue’s origin episode. This shit hits like crack, it’s a total comfort food type scenario for me (this + 90s Spidey). No doubt I’ll be done by March 20th the way I consume content, so I’m ready.

I want them to revive all the 90s cartoons and merge the two Earths (pretty sure X-Men/Spidey were in their own universe, with Iron Man, F4, Silver Surfer and Hulk all taking place on another).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That seems to be all over the place, always leaving out the context of why - this Reddit post was pretty wonderful so I'll just c&p: 

Spoiler

"Kinda missing the context.

He does this to stop Magneto from commiting another genocide by reminding him what it's actually like.

It's not like Magneto was minding his business, shopping or something and Xavier just rolled up and uploaded Holocaust.exe to his noggin for laughs."

Edited by Coletti
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 2:29 PM, Casey said:

I know it’s streaming so you can watch anytime you want, but it feels like a missed opportunity to not have these episodes released on Saturday mornings.

EDIT: Ohhh, the show has its own thread now. Ballin’. I’ll be in here every week, no doubt. Don’t care if it’s just me.

TO ME, MY X-MEN!

On 2/15/2024 at 8:02 PM, Eivion said:

This is how it is for me as well. I know Marvel mostly because of those 90s cartoons even F4, Hulk, and Iron man. X-men and Spider-Man were cut above the rest even with censoring screwing things up.

On 2/17/2024 at 3:05 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

Same here.

34 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't think Mr. Meme had any sociopolitical reason for pointing out the genocide angle, was just showing "hey they did this crazy shit and wouldn't today". 

I feel like some of the places I've seen it posted were definitely looking to stir up controversy, but I get what you mean.