DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 2/14 - 2/20/2024 - When A Hangman Loves A Woman

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Maybe, but the stuff on Wednesday didn't feel like that. You had Darby talking about their hiring power, them bullying an announcer, and another announcer kissing their asses to gain favor. The last two could be subverted I guess, but it's right out of the attitude era playbook.

I see the comparison. I’ve come to believe that AEW creative loathes all the elements of ‘the authority figure’ that I do. Er I hope. The Bucks heel work doesn’t make me think of McSex pest or Russo or or Steph or D’amore or anybody that has eaten up large amounts of the weekly broadcast with decision making matters. The Bucks playing into their evp roles feels like a response to the largely unwarranted hate they receive for having said roles. Wednesday’s angle entertained me. Disrespecting Schiavone felt like a line crossing event. I liked the energy of the Darby run in. I don’t think of Darb as a great mic worker so I never have expectations. I generally give him a pass for not hitting all the notes if he’s somewhere close. I thought he was. I totally get why somebody wouldn’t like the Cody reference or relevant history being used, but the ‘pitiful’ Meltzer/Alvarez rant felt unwarranted. To me the Bucks v Stang/Darby feels hotter each week. This week was no exception.

• Like 4

I do like that this Bucks heel turn (Were they faces before? I honestly can't recall.) has given the Sting/Darby match some actual heat. I would've been fine with them facing someone like FTR with the idea of having a "good match" for Sting to go out on, but I personally kind of like the bad guys trying to ruin his last match thing better.

Now, would I like it more if it was someone besides the Bucks? Possibly. But, I'm cool with it if it was Sting's choice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Log said:

I do like that this Bucks heel turn (Were they faces before? I honestly can't recall.) has given the Sting/Darby match some actual heat. I would've been fine with them facing someone like FTR with the idea of having a "good match" for Sting to go out on, but I personally kind of like the bad guys trying to ruin his last match thing better.

Now, would I like it more if it was someone besides the Bucks? Possibly. But, I'm cool with it if it was Sting's choice.

Bucks have been faces but with mixed crowd response at best. They got a lot of boos in Philly, but, you know, Philly...

Apparently, the first bread company that started selling pre-sliced loaves used the marketing slogan “Sliced Bread! It’s the Best Thing!”. Or greatest thing, whatever. So that led to the saying Best thing since sliced bread, and so it eventuates.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Always wondered, what is a Sliced Bread #1?

Make a loaf of bread, slice while still warm, butter with Kerrygold.  Eat.

(No.  You may not substitute Kerrygold with anything else.  Shut up.)

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Okay, hear me out... Tillamook extra creamy butter.

Did not know this was a thing, even if we recently got their ice cream out here in the stores and it's fucking stellar.

The hunt will begin at dawn. 

3 minutes ago, Coletti said:

Did not know this was a thing, even if we recently got their ice cream out here in the stores and it's fucking stellar.

The hunt will begin at dawn. 

I was visiting a friend that had some, and it was stellar. I'm usually a Kerrygold user but I would use the Tillamook in a heartbeat. I love Tillamook's cream cheese too.

• Like 1