DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023-24 - DIVISIONAL ROUND

Dolfan in NYC

Is it just me, or does Jared Goff look just a little like Ryan Gosling, especially when he's in the game with the helmet on? It's the beadiness of the eyes.

I'm calling him Lion Goffling from now on. You do what you want.

• Like 1

They had the Lions X and O wise on that play. They just couldn’t tackle the mad man from Egyptian Land. That wasn’t a basic lunge forward. He had to go something like 2 whole yards with 3 guys form tackling him correctly. Might have been 2.

GG Lions. Tabe isn’t cheering he’s marking tf out.

It’s sad for the Bucs who played playoff caliber football. Baker and Bowles are 2 of the most underrated guys. They will be back if they draft well. They will have to because not all of these skill players will last forever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mister TV said:

Sorry the “math” and Collinsworth are dumb in that situation, kick the PAT then go for 2 if you score again. 

If your goal is to extend the game and get to overtime, kick the PAT.

If your goal is to win the damn game in regulation, you go for 2.

I mean, this isn't obscure math. And they still keep a path to getting to OT despite not getting it.

Seth Walder explained it here really well. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28100383/going-2-8-points-why-nfl-teams-keep-doing-why-analytics-backs-up

Bucs made the right decision, just didn't execute it.

Bring on the 49ers!

Me to my mom: "Now would be a good time for an interception" 

Baker Mayfield: "Your wish is my command!" 

Yeah baby, LET'S GO! 

3 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Hope the Lions trip to the NFC Conference Championship game goes better than the last time they were in it...

Unlike last time, I think we have chance this time. In 1991, we were playing maybe the greatest team ever. This year, not so much. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Okay that's enough. Someone turn off the good times for Detroit. It's getting gross.

Gross is the new beautiful. So hush. 

If the Lions actually won the SB, I could see crybabies spinning them as the “worst” SB winner of all time. If it were any other team they would already be working on it. If it does happen though Lions should come back with how they started beating the SB champions and ended beating the would SB champions had the Lions not beat them.

7 hours ago, MKERyan said:

Or even better, if the Packers would’ve beaten the Lions (again), gone to the Super Bowl, and all you bitter Bears fans could wallow in your tears as you search for your 800th new QB…

Bitter? We know the Bears suck. What’s there to be bitter about?

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

If the Lions actually won the SB, I could see crybabies spinning them as the “worst” SB winner of all time. If it were any other team they would already be working on it. If it does happen though Lions should come back with how they started beating the SB champions and ended beating the would SB champions had the Lions not beat them.

They won 12 games this season. I don't see where you would even start a worst team argument considering we've seen a 9 win team take home the Lombardi 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

In a world where wildcard teams have won the Super Bowl...