DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

On 5/21/2024 at 6:16 AM, Andrew POE! said:

https://deadline.com/2024/05/dwayne-johnson-a24-wrestling-movie-smashing-machine-cannes-buyers-1235907380/

If you want to see another movie where Dwayne pees into bottles on set, you have this to look forward to.

Well Dwayne playing the lead is interesting, and will lead to certain people being mad about certain things.

If you haven't seen it the documentary on Mark Kerr also called Smashing Machine is good 

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Trailer for Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

Looks like that's the older teaser.  Here is the new trailer:

Premieres September 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm totally okay with a hybrid Concert Movie/continuation of his mini-movies.

but I would've loved if it was a straight up full movie of the whole "story" set to Ghost songs.

• Like 1

Reagan

Randy Quaid = Ronald Reagan

Along with Quad, Reagan stars Penelope Ann Miller as Nancy Reagan, Mena Suvari as Jane Wyman, Lesley-Anne Down as Margaret Thatcher, David Henrie as teenage Reagan, Kevin Dillon as Jack Warner, and Jon Voight as Viktor Petrovich.

Directed by Sean McNamara (Soul Surfer, Miracle Season)

Apparently this was shot like 4 years ago

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Randy's sure did a 360 and is looking more and more like Dennis.

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Reagan

Directed by Sean McNamara (Soul Surfer, Miracle Season)

Apparently this was shot like 4 years ago

Oh it definitely feels like there are going to be some omissions from this movie...  You can feel the Oscar desperation from every cell of Randy's performance. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Randy's sure did a 360 and is looking more and more like Dennis.

Grr.. stupid fingers

That being said - I would be more interested in this if it indeed was Randy instead of Dennis

• Like 2

The Reagans documentary on HBO was about as close as you're gonna get, probably. His son Ron was right there to put him on blast and they made sure to point out how much of a sell-out he was to the Red Scare movement and a puppet of General Electric before he became the worst politician in American history. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Beetlejuice trailer looks... okay? But CGI planes and looks like even the sandworms doesn't bode well, nor is what appears to be a goddamn BROADWAY MUSICAL DANCE NUMBER. *sigh* That said. I like the cast, and Keaton said it's the real deal, but he may be too close to the material to be unbiased. 

I'll wait for friends to be the guinea pigs and put in their two cents. 

(Winona Ryder is still hot as fuck and she is only 12 years older than me. There's always hope? 😄)

EDIT: Okay I forgot that there is a Beetlejuice musical so this might be a total non-starter. Also, the "I can't believe grandpa's dead" line cracked me up considering who grandpa is.

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I'm convinced they missed out on naming Knives Out movies after Radiohead songs. Instead it's the most random bands (Beatles for Glass Onion, U2 for Wake Up Dead Man).

So apparently The Apprentice doesn't just feature Roy Cohn but is ABOUT Roy Cohn and his partnership with you-know-who. And they're trying to get it shut down because among other things, it features you-know-who

Spoiler

raping Ivanka, his ex-wife, which she revealed in divorce proceedings and then worked back after it was leaked.

Oofta.