DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Movies & TV - 2024

Oh for fuck's sakes, what's the Silver Surfer gonna do, fly down to bet Reed Richards a ride in the Fantasticar over what flavor of Nespresso Alicia Masters is gonna have at the Future Foundation gala?

Finally caught The Marvels.  Not bad, just very lightweight and inconsequential.  Middle tier, maybe low middle tier, I guess.  This phase has been rough and I wonder if Disney might call a hiatus to the Marvel films like they did with Star Wars.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Finally caught The Marvels.  Not bad, just very lightweight and inconsequential.  Middle tier, maybe low middle tier, I guess.  This phase has been rough and I wonder if Disney might call a hiatus to the Marvel films like they did with Star Wars.

Yeah, Phase IV-V is very rough. Pushing quantity over quality.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 3:28 PM, Technico Support said:

Yeah I'm not so sure about that. Deadpool & Wolverine will probably make $1b or something absurd, F4 will probably do well for them, and Secret Wars is their big chance to do crazy shit and make tons of money, like Jackman’s Wolverine with Tobey’s Spider-Man, and bringing back RDJ and Evans.

Phase 4 made more money than all three Star Wars sequel films combined. You might be onto something if the phases were grossing low amounts, but they aren’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 11:31 AM, The Natural said:

While waiting for Deadpool and Wolverine (2024), I thought I'd have an updated go at ranking the Fox X-Men films:

13. Dark Phoenix (2019).

12. The New Mutants (2020).

11. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016).

10. X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2019).

9. X-Men: The Last Stand (2006).

8. The Wolverine (2013).

7. X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).

6. Deadpool 2 (2018).

5. X-Men: First Class (2011).

4. X-Men (2000).

3. Logan (2017).

2. Deadpool (2016).

1. X2 (2003).

good list, mine probably would look pretty similar. Have you watched the '90s made-for-tv Generation X movie? i think it was supposed to be a backdoor pilot for a series maybe? my memory is fuzzy, but i did find it on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiEPCNIYVUs

On 2/26/2024 at 5:48 AM, The Natural said:

D'oh.

back in high school, the local pop radio station was hyping up a horror/slasher movie premiering at the local movie theater. considering that my friends and i considered ourselves horror buffs, we knew we had to check it out, despite never hearing of it before. The title of the movie was "Pool Party Massacre". the movie was BAD. multiple shots with boom mics. at least one scene where you could hear the director (i think you heard him say 'cut' but i don't 100% recall). one scene where the camera inexplicably panned too far one way and you saw other cast members just standing around. Easily the most unprofessional movie i have ever seen in a real theater. And it's not like this was some local group that made it. It was made in like Spain or something? Germany. 
Eventually it saw a DVD release under the name "The Pool" where they cut out all the stuff that shouldn't have been there in the first place. it's on YouTube cut into parts, but here's the Wikipedia article for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_Pool_(2001_film)

wish i had kept one of the flyers they made up for this movie, but that's long gone.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:48 PM, odessasteps said:

Depending on which continuity you look at, Doom is Kang or an ancestor of Kang. 

thanks for this! i had never heard of Omniverse but it sounds super interesting so will be checking this out.