DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2024 Wrestling Talk

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Has anyone been billed as being from the Bermuda Triangle? 

I once had a short-lived e-fed guy billed from Bermuda who called his finisher (which was either a Tazmission or a Cobra Clutch) the "Bermuda Triangle"

Went through Bucksnort.

I was in Bixby, OK over Thanksgiving, but I forgot to calculate how far my brother lives from the old Mid South office. Cannot be that far.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Went through Bucksnort.

I was in Bixby, OK over Thanksgiving, but I forgot to calculate how far my brother lives from the old Mid South office. Cannot be that far.

116 West Breckenridge, for future reference 

Bill Watts picking up some black hitchhiker would be a story I would instantly come back here and tell.

And oh, I would ask him about Master G. That and if Dark Journey has a niece that looks exactly like her.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Bill Watts picking up some black hitchhiker would be a story I would instantly come back here and tell.

And oh, I would ask him about Master G.

"HELLO YOUNG BO-- MAN."

(Bill catches himself knowing he can't call a black person "boy" anymore)

"HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE JUNK YARD DOG"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/22/2024 at 11:46 PM, Infinit said:

Has anyone ever been to obscure yet pro wres identifiable town before?

I once was in Bucksnort, Tennessee. 

Depends on your definition of obscure. I have been to quite a bunch of central European towns that are hometowns of pro wrestlers that made it in the US, e.g. Lucerne, Switzerland (Claudio's hometown) - most not really obscure to a European though probably somewhat obscure for an American. Apros pos Claudio: I have driven past the Alpamare as in "Alpamare Waterslide" - a move Claudio uses - dozens of time (though never been inside). Did WWE ever announce Fabian Aichner's / Giovanni Vinci's hometown (a small town in South Tyrol, Italy)? Because I have been in that region quite often (mostly driving through, though).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert S said:

Depends on your definition of obscure. I have been to quite a bunch of central European towns that are hometowns of pro wrestlers that made it in the US, e.g. Lucerne, Switzerland (Claudio's hometown) - most not really obscure to a European though probably somewhat obscure for an American. Apros pos Claudio: I have driven past the Alpamare as in "Alpamare Waterslide" - a move Claudio uses - dozens of time (though never been inside). Did WWE ever announce Fabian Aichner's / Giovanni Vinci's hometown (a small town in South Tyrol, Italy)? Because I have been in that region quite often (mostly driving through, though).

Switzerland is so beautiful! Took the train from Paris to Zurich and Zurich to Milan and the views were stunning.

Lucerne I know because it's a brand of butter in the U.S. that, I believe, is said to originate from that inimitable town. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

And oh, I would ask him about Master G. That and if Dark Journey has a niece that looks exactly like her.

He might pick you up, but no damn way is he taking you to Denny’s.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

would it be too awkward for DJ to talk to you about colon hydrotherapy

Yeah, I don't think my employer's health insurance covers that.

Also:

1) I feel it is in my best interest to be respectful to any and all black ladies old enough to be mom.

2) It would be even more awkward to ask if she plans on being at Sting's last match in Greensboro. I mean it's not like Dick Slater can do anything from beyond the grave.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Yeah, I don't think my employer's health insurance covers that.

Also:

1) I feel it is in my best interest to be respectful to any and all black ladies old enough to be mom.

2) It would be even more awkward to ask if she plans on being at Sting's last match in Greensboro. I mean it's not like Dick Slater can do anything from beyond the grave.

So you don't believe in ghosts, much less vengeful ones. Noted.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

So you don't believe in ghosts, much less vengeful ones. Noted.

Well, Dick Slater barely did anything in the ring when he was alive. I doubt he would put in much effort on the other side. In addition, Steve Borden has Jesus backing him up now. What do you think is keeping Darby Allin from disintegrating into dust? That ain't nothing but Jesus.

• Haha 5