DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2024 OFFSEASON

Cobra Commander

Michigan State QB Sam Leavitt has entered the transfer portal. He's from Oregon and wasn't offered a scholarship by Jonathan Smith to attend Oregon State and is bitter about that. Figures he won't get a fair shake with Smith in East Lansing. Wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Ann Arbor or back in Corvallis. 

Sparty has had something like 6 or 8 guys enter the portal already. 

Meanwhile, Tim Brewster resigned from Colorado. Expect a ton of transfers and staff shakeup in Boulder along with all the recruits decommitting. 

Deion's response to all this had been that players shouldn't be allowed to go on any more visits after committing. 

So many QBs in the portal now (besides Leavitt)

• Tyler Van Dyke - Miami (Graduate)
  • Athan Kaliakmanis - Minnesota
  • Max Brosmer - New Hampshire (FCS passing yards leader)
  • Mitch Griffis - Wake Forest
  • Santino Marucci - Wake Forest
  • Will Howard - Kansas State (Graduate) - this one might have been mentioned already
  • Blake Shapen - Baylor
  • Will Rogers - Mississippi State
  • Brendan Sorsby - Indiana
  • Katin Houser - Michigan State
  • Max Johnson - Texas A&M (Graduate)
  • Nate Johnson - Utah
  • Tyler Shough - Texas Tech (I think Graduate but not positive)

If they really hire Petrino (and apparently they need to jump through some legal loophole just to be able to because of how his last stint there ended) and he gets welcomed back by a school he burnt for the second time... Man he must be the best interview in the world.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If they really hire Petrino (and apparently they need to jump through some legal loophole just to be able to because of how his last stint there ended) and he gets welcomed back by a school he burnt for the second time... Man he must be the best interview in the world.

Or he has some REALLY good pics of someone. . . 

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

He IS a tremendous offensive mind. But...

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And Johnson announced he is going to UNC

Good for him.  Did the best he could with unmotivated receivers, terrible coaching and truly awful OL play.  

He was gonna be third string at A&M  anyway, so nobody is surprised.  And now he probably won’t get the snot beat outta him every game.  Hope his little brother stays, though.  

I'm surprised looking it up to see Rattler has better numbers pretty much across the board this year from last year. I forgot how much he struggled last season before SC suddenly exploded against Tennessee and Clemson.

Jim Parady has announced his retirement.  

He was head coach of Marist for the last 33 years and the longest tenured coach in the FBS.  Well, that number is slightly off because he actually took Marist from Division III through Division II and into Division I/FBS.   

Notably, since Marist started their football program in 1978, he is only their 3rd head coach. 

People are desperate to make people think that nobody cared about college football until Deion arrived.  Maybe the people who only watch football when it trends on Twitter it was a big deal.  But you telling me that last week and this weekends game wouldn't mean shit until Deion and his 4-8 team showed up this year?

Also to say that college football was in the shitter until Deion went to Colorado is kind of insulting to black colleges given that this is his what 3rd year coaching.   So you are saying that in order for Deion to actually save college football he had to leave Jackson State and go to a "real" school.  

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

People are desperate to make people think that nobody cared about college football until Deion arrived.  Maybe the people who only watch football when it trends on Twitter it was a big deal.  But you telling me that last week and this weekends game wouldn't mean shit until Deion and his 4-8 team showed up this year?

Also to say that college football was in the shitter until Deion went to Colorado is kind of insulting to black colleges given that this is his what 3rd year coaching.   So you are saying that in order for Deion to actually save college football he had to leave Jackson State and go to a "real" school.  

As a black person who knows a bunch of people who went to HBCUs or only care about anything semi related to HBCUs and don't give a damn about Division I-A football as a whole, he did galvanize a ton of people who normally watch this amount of football. Even if was for a few weeks when they were winning, I don't remember this many people I know talking about college football. For example, my mom who is about to turn 70 in March who is about as casual as one could be starting following college football cause (1) from Mississippi and (2) he chose to coach Jackson State. It also helps that Deion's ex wife is a reality TV star and she knows her. From that, I have been able to teach her about other aspects of this level of football. So for me, it is another thing I can discuss with my family and we all have some level knowledge. 

Therefore, I definitely wouldn't dismiss it as a just trending on Twitter thing. From my personal experience, it's quite bigger than that. I mean I hate that's it sort of a fad thing in some respect but college football has morphed into something much different that is out of anyone's power.

Add another QB to the list

Oregon State's DJ Uiagalelei is entering the portal (the driving factor being Jonathan Smith leaving for Michigan State)

Uiagalelei is still weighing declaring for the NFL Draft

And I no sooner hit submit on that post when I also say that NC State's MJ Morris 

I am shocked - SHOCKED - by this development

(Especially with Matt Rhule claiming the going rate for a QB in the portal is $1 - $2 million)