DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 9/6 - 9/12/2023 - NOW 100% CM PUNK FREE!

Dolfan in NYC

Andretti/Moxley: Mox gave way too much to Andretti and Andretti looked like crap with his flying; on that Arabian moonsault Jon should have just pulled a Joe and let him eat it. Mox's headbutts on the floor were totally business exposing too. It served the purpose of creating Mox's knee injury at least. 

All caught up!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AxB said:

Emi posted a video of herself crying backstage at Wembley during Saraya’s ring entrance, and they seem to be trying to turn it into an angle. But it makes Saraya look like a right piece of shit.

still kinda sticks in my craw that they had a two hour preshow for a show that had one women's match and they couldn't squeeze in a womens trios somehwere

• Like 4

I'm not sure why people love Nigel so much as an announcer. He does have a pleasant voice with that cockney accent, but it's so obvious all his prep for announcing came from watching tape of Raw-era Corey Graves. Kelly is also an ex-WWE guy, but from well before the buzzwords got out of control, he just kinda sucks on his own merits. What really hammered home how bad Collision announcing is was when JR was actually carrying the booth during the main. Kelly kept missing the obvious cues JR was trying to feed him to drive the story.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ex/Taz hold down Dynamite and having Tony work with Nigel on Collision, which I think would capture that 94/95 Tony/Heenan dynamic very well.

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm not sure why people love Nigel so much as an announcer. He does have a pleasant voice with that cockney accent, but it's so obvious all his prep for announcing came from watching tape of Raw-era Corey Graves. Kelly is also an ex-WWE guy, but from well before the buzzwords got out of control, he just kinda sucks on his own merits. What really hammered home how bad Collision announcing is was when JR was actually carrying the booth during the main. Kelly kept missing the obvious cues JR was trying to feed him to drive the story.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ex/Taz hold down Dynamite and having Tony work with Nigel on Collision, which I think would capture that 94/95 Tony/Heenan dynamic very well.

Wish they'd break the glass and bring Paul Wight on down to the desk, he was getting pretty good at the end of AEW Dark.

• Like 1

I'm a diehard AEW fan but just have to wonder why the arena was so empty tonight. I appreciate their efforts to fill up the main side but there were a lot of blacked out sections and they were largely quiet.

And I don't think I need to clarify but this isn't me being a troll or whatever. I'm just a bit concerned and aside from it being a work/school night wonder why.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm a diehard AEW fan but just have to wonder why the arena was so empty tonight. I appreciate their efforts to fill up the main side but there were a lot of blacked out sections and they were largely quiet.

And I don't think I need to clarify but this isn't me being a troll or whatever. I'm just a bit concerned and aside from it being a work/school night wonder why.

I know Meltzer was doomsaying the advance yesterday as only 2,200 paid. Does anybody know what the final attendance # was? I didn't think it looked that bad on tv but am dismayed in general that they can't fill venues (which is slightly hypocritical of me since I live in Hamilton and am a big fan but have yet to go to any of their Hamilton or Toronto shows, including Forbidden Door). 

WrestleTix on Twitter has it as slightly over 2,500.  They filled up the hard cam side, but there are pics of the full arena that look very bad.

The only reason I can suggest is that so many big shows so fast is burning people out, and at the same time the shows that aren't big shows seem that much less important to attend.

• RIPPA locked this topic