DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 8/9 - 8/15/2023

Dolfan in NYC

38 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Couldn't agree more, love to see it! Nobody better to anchor that division on Saturdays than Mercedes, storied career with no major injuries that I know of and she's an avid Bret Hart fan. Stat having double knee braces before the age of 30 is rough, hope she can wrestle a long time but strike while the iron is hot

Main event was some fantastic TV wrestling. Felt like everyone was on point, that was the best HoB have looked to me in a while. Even commentary was great, JR sounds like he can call one match a week and that's fine by me. He still got to beat his dead horse about too many DDTs but Nigel saved it by saying it's about technique more than impact and that's all you have to do to keep the old guy on track

Yeah, ACL injuries everybody dreads particularly athletes.

• Like 3

Solid show, probably a little too much talking tonight.

Cage’s heat is lost on Luchasaurus, the crowd does not care about him. Either have Christian actually get the belt, or get it on someone new and soon.

For a second I believed they might actually have Acclaimed take an upset loss to try the “they’re lost without Daddy Ass” storyline. Visualize a Bowens-Fletcher main event for the title in 2026.

Womens tag was great! Mercedes and Diamanté are excellent heels, and I marked out when they did the double team move with Diamanté being razor’s edged over the top rope onto the faces.

Only thing the main was missing was a “house rules” stipulation. I still think I would prefer HoB as singles wrestlers. The “super” shatter machine to get Brodie up was awesome.

• Like 7

Punk complaining about chops on the house mic when the cameras are off has been something he’s been goofing around with for a long time now. It’s not him whining.

To make this short, everyone wants to say Hangman lives rent free in Punk’s head. Y’all need to stop letting Punk live rent free in your heads, stop taking the bait because you’re reacting exactly the way he’s looking for you to react, and know when he’s fucking around.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

LF2 has been Very Mad about Stephen Amell getting roasted for crossing picket lines to promote Heels for a few weeks now, and unfortunately I see his dogshit opinion has started leaking outside of the WGA thread

Poster to poster, as someone who’s been active here for 20 years (yikes, I’ll try to stop thinking about that), I’ve noticed that recently you’ve been approaching the Rubicon that separates “poster with some contrary opinions” to “unpleasant presence that eventually gets staked,” and I would really encourage you to consider moderating that, specifically these kind of targeted attacks on other posters, if you want to continue hanging around. Because you’re really fitting the profile of the latter with this post.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Punk complaining about chops on the house mic when the cameras are off has been something he’s been goofing around with for a long time now. It’s not him whining.

To make this short, everyone wants to say Hangman lives rent free in Punk’s head. Y’all need to stop letting Punk live rent free in your heads, stop taking the bait because you’re reacting exactly the way he’s looking for you to react, and know when he’s fucking around.

You're probably right. He just comes off so irritating though. It's high-level Go Away Heat, like a scab you can't help but pick at. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

You're probably right. He just comes off so irritating though. It's high-level Go Away Heat, like a scab you can't help but pick at. 

Nah man, I guess that is just us "not getting it".  

If being annoyed that his petty, childish behavior detracts from a good wrestling show and in all honesty, the quality of matches Punk himself is putting on, yeah, guess thats him "living rent free in my head"

Edited by StuntmanCrowley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That's the thing I find interesting. If Punk's trolling the fans, the goal should be to make them want to watch the show. If it's generating the opposite reaction, he should knock it off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The vast majority of wrestlers are very offended at the idea that X-PAC heat exists. They insist that the more the fans hate you, the more likely they will watch to see you lose. Telling them that there’s a bad kind of heat, where you dislike a wrestler so much you change the channel, or use their match as your bathroom break, they won’t accept that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Nah man, I guess that is just us "not getting it".  

If being annoyed that his petty, childish behavior detracts from a good wrestling show and in all honesty, the quality of matches Punk himself is putting on, yeah, guess thats him "living rent free in my head"

The wrestling show was already done you dumb fuck and nothing he said would have been something you would have even been aware of if not for someone recording it. 

Everything else he’s done in the course of his time in AEW has 95% been as part of the show, but some of you marks can’t help but take the bait and I can see why that is. It’s because you’re fucking stupid.

I’d love to see you or anyone else succinctly and accurately explain exactly how, well after a show you enjoyed is over, someone fucking around on a house mic retroactively made what you watched worse.

I swear, some of you are so fucking shook, it’s funny. I hope you don’t partake in many other forms of entertainment because guess what, most of those people? They’re assholes too.

• Haha 1

oh 100% and I'm aware im in the minority, but i jsut think what he's doing isn't "heel work" and if it is, it's go away heat.  He's just screeching for the sake of it because he knows he has free reign to do whatever he wants.  Agree to disagree, I like his matches, will ignore his promos and the person he is.

Dude, grow the fuck up.  Calling someone a dumb fuck for a difference of opinion is pretty grade school, but you do you big guy.  I enjoy Collision but Punk screeching after the show is a blatant in your face reminder that while WB wanted the show, it's the CM Punk Ego hour where he does whatever he wants.  It isn't being shook as so much let down that someone is actively detracting from the overall product.

Now go ahead and screech some more like a toddler, you whining cretin, I do however thank you heartily for the laugh, considering you're the one acting like a dumb fuck.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt D said:

Speaking of big boy words, I hope Diamante isn’t punished too heavily for hers. It’s a pretty compelling heel team.

It's nice to see her finally break the Dark/Elevation bubble and have something substantial on the weekly TV after that unfortunate Jade Cargill challenge. 

• Like 4

I called you a dumb fuck because you’re consistently ignorant. Across multiple folders. We probably should have broke this to you sooner. But hey, at least now you know.

Also, screeching after the show? Hmm, screeching would mean he’s out there yelling and screaming when…he wasn’t. 

I mean, let’s take into account everything that happens when these shows are done. MJF comes out and talks more as a babyface to people while he’s in the middle of a heel run. He’s largely out there talking shit. The Bucks and Kenny do the same thing. Wrestlers have been pinned by fans or other wrestlers. Some people, like Darby, come out to say some more shit. QT comes out to thank the fans for coming. Others have talked shit about WWE.

But in this case you and others are so shook because Punk decided to fuck around with the crowd. Some people couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t build more to his match with Joe. Like, I don’t feel like any of this has to be explained and yet here we are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Multiple folders eh?  Go on?

Truthfully, you're a miserable piece of shit who lashes out the second someone disagrees with you.  You started an incendiary exchange of words, but now want to call me ignorant.  Yeah ok.  You're a complete fucking tool.

You can ignore Mods right?  Because fuck this dude

1 minute ago, JLowe said:

Pretty audible “fuck you” during the match

Specifically to Willow, I think. She just got lost in the moment and in her character. The announcers even commented on it.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3