DVDVR Message Board

The 57th Superb Owl

Dolfan in NYC

On 2/8/2023 at 4:16 PM, RIPPA said:

Since this is specific to Super Bowl coverage

Irwin filed a lawsuit against the woman and the Marriott hotel chain.  He says he had no contact with the person - a hotel employee - beyond exchanging a few pleasantries in the lobby and shaking her hand.  He also claims he has witnesses to back this up.  I imagine there’s also security cam footage.

He’s seeking $100 million.

I’m kinda curious what the specific allegation is.  No specifics have been made public and Irwin claims he has no idea what he could have done or said to set this in motion.  According to him, the whole exchange lasted less than 45 secs.

Edited by Doc Townsend

5 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

Irwin filed a lawsuit against the woman and the Marriott hotel chain.  He says he had no contact with the person - a hotel employee - beyond exchanging a few pleasantries in the lobby and shaking her hand.  He also claims he has witnesses to back this up.  I imagine there’s also security cam footage.

He’s seeking $100 million.

I’m kinda curious what the specific allegation is.  No specifics have been made public and Irwin claims he has no idea what he could have done or said to set this in motion.  According to him, the whole exchange lasted less than 45 secs.

There definitely is security footage. Irvin said he hadn't seen it yet though. 

His claim on the lawsuit was all about "cancel culture". I dunno, maybe I'm just a cynic, but that immediately makes me question his claims. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tabe said:

His claim on the lawsuit was all about "cancel culture". I dunno, maybe I'm just a cynic, but that immediately makes me question his claims. 

Same.  I dislike cancel culture types, but when people start dialing up the rhetoric and using buzzwords for no reason, I start looking for the angle.

• Like 2

it pains me to post this:
the official Tecmo Super Bowl 2023 prediction.
the Chiefs absolutely demolished the Eagles. just ate their lunch, and came back for dinner too. i've never seen such a one-sided affair. Chiefs effectively used a combination of running and passing to rack up the points, while their defense absolutely just stifled the Eagles. shout out to Neil Smith, who had 11 sacks!
this is one time i hope the prediction is wildly wrong.

No photo description available.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Chiefs highest scoring game of 2022 game in Phoenix. Tied with their 44 point performance in San Francisco (Santa Clara). The Chiefs highest point total in a home game this season? 30. (edit: The Chiefs averaged 33 points a game on the road, a mark they didn't reach at home once in 2022)

So the game would be a little less frustrating if they played like the Road Game Chiefs than the Home Game Chiefs tonight.

Edited by Cobra Commander

the Chiefs defense basically thrives on giving up all the yards, especially on third downs, except occasionally they get a red zone stop

would have been nice to have gotten that fumble on the first play instead of having it go out of bounds and not really turning in any good defensive plays after that