DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23: Super! WILDCARD! WEEKEND~!

Dolfan in NYC

for all the playoff talk about neutral sites, they're playing this game like it's the Pro Bowl in Honolulu and they just wanna soak in 4 hours worth of football in paradise at a slowwwwww pace

instead it's in Buffalo, and one half of the Buffalo/Cincinnati game has been set.

• Like 1

I think that was basically the definition of "too close to call" so they had to stay with the ruling on the field. I just was incorrect on what had been ruled on the field. 

Given the situation, Miami deserves a lot of credit for the effort. Hard to imagine they wouldn't have won if they just had Bridgewater much less Tua.

McDaniel looking more like a 25 year old gamer than an NFL head coach might influence a little bit of the responses when something happens like the last Dolphins drive. As unfair as it could sound, he doesn't look the part and when he botches some part of the job, he'll get roasted a little bit harder than the average coach.

My Twitter feed is skewed a little towards the KC area, which is close to where Thompson went to college (Kansas State) so there's a certain amount of positivity towards Thompson from people blaming the problems on the receivers. But really, I don't think Thompson really showed much today that  would make one think he could be a long term QB option in 2023. The game was close because Josh Allen kept turning the ball over and giving the Dolphins great field position.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1