DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23: Super! WILDCARD! WEEKEND~!

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Kevin Wilson said:

A QB that scores three points in the second half of a playoff game probably isn't a Top 10 NFL QB, to start. 12th in both QB Rating and QBR to be exact this year, maybe he's the issue. God I hope the Chargers hire Quinn now, that would be great.

If Justin Herbert isn't a top 10 quarterback, I'm going to need a list of the quarterbacks better than him.  I think almost everybody thinks that Josh Allen is a top 2 quarterback in the league, and if they lose this game it will be mostly his fault.  It won't change the fact that he's still a top 2 quarterback.  Herbert isn't perfect, he hasn't performed in the biggest games, and still he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league.  I'd rather have Herbert over anyone not named Pat, Josh, Joe, or a healthy Lamar.  He's that good in a league full of dudes who aren't.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

It feels kinda of Jacksonville that after coming back from 27 to win you hang at the Waffle House after the game.  That is what Trevor Lawrence did 😄

there's no Phil Villapiano drinking at Ricky's or Marshawn Lynch taking BART home from Oakland Raider games anymore, someone must take up the mantle

The one problem with Herbert as some have pointed out was that his second year wasn't that much better than his first year.  Now, was that because his first year was so spectacular?  Probably, but a lot of pundits were expecting a lot more and I think the expectation is that he needs to take that 'step forward' next year or people are going to label him a one year wonder.

don't fall in the trap of thinking Herbert isn't that good merely because he was unable to surmount any of the four fundamental forces of the universe:  gravity, electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force, and the Charger choking force

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

don't fall in the trap of thinking Herbert isn't that good merely because he was unable to surmount any of the four fundamental forces of the universe:  gravity, electromagnetism, the strong nuclear force, and the Charger choking force

There is a long list of Charger statistics that boggle the mind.  One year they were the #1 offense and the #1 defense and somehow didn't make the playoffs.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, supremebve said:

There is a long list of Charger statistics that boggle the mind.  One year they were the #1 offense and the #1 defense and somehow didn't make the playoffs.  

Secret Base has a video about that team. It's mind boggling.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Assuming they survive, the bills are gonna get rolled next week. . . 

Meh, some teams just fare well better against others.

But I’m hoping the Bills can pull this out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Assuming they survive, the bills are gonna get rolled next week. . . 

Bengals/Bills has potential to be the Bills/Chiefs game from last year, with the added storyline that the Bengals would have been hosting the game if they had won the week 17 game

• Like 1

The Bills have been a takin care a bidness team all season. They had more mistakes than usual today but anybody whose ever done any bidness has done that. So onto wherever they play next will be the end result as usual IMO.

Herbert is being judged unfairly I agree. Doug Pedersen is the GOATest coach you don’t know about tbh. He would have 2 rings if Jeffries didn’t drop that pass against the Saints IMO. Now in the 2nd half of the season in Jacksonville, he’s turned them not into a contender, but a winning team. They have been a winning team since they rebuilt and they did what winning teams do - find a way to win. 

To wrap this back around to the Bills, say they don’t put this away in the next few minutes. That blows up the whole takin care a bidness thing. The game is still theirs though. They will find a way to win because that’s what they’ve always done. 

Edited by BloodyChamp

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Feels like the Dolphins set a playoff record for delay of game penalties.  And frankly I am not sure that most of them are Thompson's fault 

First year coach + rookie QB who only started a few games + crazy loud crowd. Bad recipe.

• Like 1