DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2022-23: Super! WILDCARD! WEEKEND~!

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

The talking point is going to be Bosa costing them the game by getting them close enough for that 2. But the truth is they were cooking and would have just went down and got the TD on that last drive if they needed it anyways. That 2nd half was a fun one to watch.

also, Bosa wasn't on the field on the last drive, so did they bench him or did he get ejected without it being announced?

37 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

27-point comeback and Al Michaels and Tony Dungy called it with all the energy and excitement you'd expect from a quarterfinal match at the World Badminton Championships.

These comebacks seem to be a lot more commonplace now that NFL betting is largely legal. It lends credence to the conspiracy theory that the NFL is rigged.

59 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

also, Bosa wasn't on the field on the last drive, so did they bench him or did he get ejected without it being announced?

They said on the broadcast he was NOT ejected. 

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

27-point comeback and Al Michaels and Tony Dungy called it with all the energy and excitement you'd expect from a quarterfinal match at the World Badminton Championships.

Well, Al Michaels sucks and Sanctimonious Gasbag Tony is even worse, so... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Cesaro’s been in the country how long and last night was his football game?

Okay, that does it.  I’ll never be able to buy Cesaro as a babyface again.  Guy’s definitely a heel.

This is almost as bad as the episode of Total Divas where Bryan Danielson turned off his indoor plumbing to force his in-laws to use his composting toilet.  In Summer.  In Arizona.  That was definitely a heel move.  I’ve never been able to take BD seriously as a babyface since.

11 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

well, if he wasn't... then him not being on the field for that final drive is a heck of a decision... he was on the sidelines and did an Irish exit after the field goal

I think his coaches soft ejected him to keep him from giving up another free 15 yards

Not to be super contrarian to immediate Internet reactions, but I think its the type of rash decision that teams frequently make with their teams to say that Staley should be fired. There are some things of course I definitely think is a coach's responsibility (game planning, time management, general motivation, staff hiring, etc.) but there were so many on-the-field little mistakes in the second half that had nothing to do with him. Its also the "the grass isn't always greener" thing, Staley is a young coach still learning, who is better that will definitely be available?

I guess its just the constant coaching carousel, and no fanbase of a team that is under .500 is happy with their coach, they are just the easiest scapegoats. Look at Bills fans getting mad at Daboll last year or Frazier every year even though the Bills have a Top 5 offense and Top 10 defense. Its easier to fire a coach than say, Herbert, but that doesn't make it the best idea after only two years on the job.

That being said, 50/50 chance he is fired by Tuesday.