DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 11/4/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Kai/Moon was great with a bit surprising win for Kia.  The Women's division is really hitting it's stride right now.  You've got Io and Rhea on top with their clash upcoming, then a glut right below them jockying for position.  Even Xia Li has a story-line.

The rest of the show was pretty good.  The Kings of NXT segment was pretty good, but they do need to work on their chemistry because right now it's just a mishmash of guys.

Dakota/Ember was damn near great. That was easily the best Ember Moon we have seen in WWE. Kind of surprised she lost. I know they hinted it would be a journey for her to get back to the title, but I did figure she have a little more success than this.

Grimes/Kushida was good. Kind of amused how badly the effects of the HH match are still bothering Grimes though I thought it was maybe a bit much with the finish.

Pat McAfee and gang's segment memorializing UE was actually pretty damn good. I loved that Dunne joined to finally get revenge on UE for Dusty Classic betrayal. Curious of the Kings of NXT was just a random comment or their group name. The reactions they had to Dunne's murder attempt of Dain was also perfect.

Johnny's segment was fun.

Toni/Shotzi was good. Candice destroying the tank as revenge for last week was neat. Robert Stone should be sending her a thank you note and gift basket.

Anthony Greene's new name is August Grey, thus making him the second best Wrestler called A(something) Grey. Perhaps he can form a team with Aleister Black, as the Monochrome Brothers.

Time for NXT!

Dakota Kai beating Ember Moon was a surprise, but it' really good that she wasn't just willing to be a stepping stone.

Grimes is still shellshocked from last week, but seriously, could you blame him? One of Grimes' early big wins was against Kushida, I suspect this time will be different. These guys have good chemistry together. Oh, it was the last week's zombie ref that freaked Grimes out before the match. Obviously he got better. Must have injected himself with bleach, or something?

Shotzi vs Toni Storm should be very interesting. Let's see if Toni is leaning towards heel or not?

Nice to see Dain & Maverick gelling more as a team. The tag team offense is now becoming less reluctant on Maverick's part! Wait, the Pat Pack is here to spoil the party! Ever-Rise running away, like they won on DQ, or something, haha! Well, they didn't lose! Holy shit, the shape Dunne is in! Also, tanning bed- or spray-tan salons must not have all been closed in the UK during the pandemic.

So, not only is McAfee a damn genius with all these logical explanations, but if he wasn't telling all the fans that they suck, I can't see these guys as the bad guys on this! Well, what they did to Dain afterwards, was uncalled for! Dain vs Dunne, please!

Io wants Rhea Ripley! I can live with that. She's beaten her once already!

STFU , Johnny! You never liked wheels! Maybe next week we get the Hartwell reveal. The worthy competition will be something like Leon Ruff or Drake Maverick, I bet.

Shotzi vs Storm is intense! Both women showing great aggression here, no actual heeling, or even veiled attempts at it. Really good match. That apron DDT could have ended up disasterous! No, not the tank! Storm with the win! No! Candice, don't you dare! Damn you! Somewhere, Robert Stone is feeling vindicated and elated.

What a hit and run by Atlas. Two can play that game, I guess?

So, Thatcher's a really good teacher, but I wouldn't be caught dead in one of his classes, I'll have you know! Ok, his methods were bound to rub someone the wrong way, so here we go!

Xia stuff continues, but if this is only his family being disappointed in her, I think I can live with that. Challenging Gonzales is not the way I would go about it, but hey, your funeral!

Ripley's game for Io's challenge. I see what I did there.

There was also a main event of some sort happening. Haha, Ciampa is 201lbs and they say Adam Cole is 210lbs. Who do they think they are kidding? Same thing could be asked about VD main eventing a show. He sure gets his ass kicked a lot these days. "I think he's never been worried about consequences", yeah Vic, you may be right on that one!

Regardless, I liked this show quite a bit. Mostly, due to Dunne being back, but hey, there's plenty of other positive things as well!