DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2020 WRESTLING PICTURES

11 hours ago, Shartnado said:

I think that's the first time I have ever seen Cena with any kind of facial hair. That's like a bizarro world heel Cena! He wears it well, though. Is he rearing back his shoulders in this pic or are his arms getting smaller?

wwe-news-john-cena-nikki-bella-split-new

Older picture.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

wwe-news-john-cena-nikki-bella-split-new

Older picture.

Ok, thank you for this! Do you happen to remember when this was? Of course, it just means that he shaves before WWE television appearances. I haven't seen him with a goatee in any of his matches that I recall. Shame, really, as it's a good look on him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Ok, thank you for this! Do you happen to remember when this was? Of course, it just means that he shaves before WWE television appearances. I haven't seen him with a goatee in any of his matches that I recall. Shame, really, as it's a good look on him.

You're welcome. About a year or two, I think. I've never seen John Cena with a goatee in a match. Takes getting used to John Cena having longer hair to his usual hairdo. 

Yeah, I think the longer hair is definitely part of him trying to fit in better with the main stream movie-star mold. Just like Morganti previously suggested as a possible reason for his slightly leaner look that I was wondering about, previously.

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

For a company that's generally done a good job getting fresh faces on national tv and trying to build new stars, the optics of this look terrible.

Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, Dax Harwood and Cash Wheeler have never wrestled for WWE. That was some guys called Luke and Dean and shit. Completely different.

せやねん on Twitter: "1987年12月27日 両国国技館 たけしプロレス軍団(TPG) マサ斎藤、ビッグバン・ベイダー ビートたけし、 たけし軍団 #プロレス #新日本プロレス #njpw #BigVanVader #ビートたけし… "

初来日のベイダーが経験した修羅場…「両国暴動」! – 伊賀プロレス通信24時

How did Takeshi Puroresu Gundan not only fail but end the golden age of NJPW? This is so cool. I know he was still a comedian at the time and it was a jab at WWF cartoony shit, but COME ON. 

Not only that, but pre-Super Deflin Delfin and both Jado & Gedo were basically exiled from NJPW for having taken part in the group. Wrestling history between that and the Vader squash of Inoki that led to the riot and the Ryogoku ban for pro wrestling. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Jiji said:

How did Takeshi Puroresu Gundan not only fail but end the golden age of NJPW? This is so cool. I know he was still a comedian at the time and it was a jab at WWF cartoony shit, but COME ON. 

Not only that, but pre-Super Deflin Delfin and both Jado & Gedo were basically exiled from NJPW for having taken part in the group. Wrestling history between that and the Vader squash of Inoki that led to the riot and the Ryogoku ban for pro wrestling. 

I need an explanation for all of this because I have heard about none of it. 

That's wild. I'm familiar with Kitano from Outrage and Violent Cop, etc. but didn't even remember he was a comedian, and had no idea of this NJ involvement. Inoki booking himself into a corner is pretty funny because he'd do it so spectacularly again later. It's even more amusing thinking of Inoki raging backstage and then venting his frustration on the three young guys because he can fire them whereas he can't just throw Vader's contract down the toilet, or Saito's for that matter. And of course he can't fire himself for the mistake he made ?

• Like 2