DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

I noticed that when Austin Idol and Velvet Sky are on the same side of the issue of Sal turning evil, they are 400 percent less annoying,  The British Invasion looked great and that was a good match.  I haven't seen Chris Adonis in years.  Austin Aries is around!  I await five really good matches and then he pisses off eveyone and does his inevitable MLW run.

• Like 1

I've been catching up on the program on Youtube and I got to say, a good portion of their roster was pouched during Covid and the Roster they got now is really good. I'm dogging Janna Cide a lot I like the look. Colby Corino is a star in the making. And Proud Papa Ricky Morton is awesome. I wonder if him and his son will have a run with the Tag Titles or not. 

• Like 1

They must have had a talk with Austin Idol because he has toned it down 500%.  Mike Knox vs Trevor Murdock is good.  Matt Cardona showing up at the end is so much more bigtime than all the wrestling before he shows up.  I enjoy the randomness of the women's division.  Natalia Markova is a heat machine and doesn't say a word.

Raven didn't add much on commentary, which automatically made him better than Austin Idol. Really good little match with Daivari and Lockhart. Legacy Sports Nutrition the new ICOPRO? Ricky Morton wearing torn jeans at the age of 65 is awesome. If Marshe Rockett is "All-Day" does he perform worse in matches that take place at night?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Raven didn't add much on commentary, which automatically made him better than Austin Idol. Really good little match with Daivari and Lockhart. Legacy Sports Nutrition the new ICOPRO? Ricky Morton wearing torn jeans at the age of 65 is awesome. If Marshe Rockett is "All-Day" does he perform worse in matches that take place at night?

Raven was pretty annoying.  Why don't they get somebody who announces wrestling instead of old guys who suck?  It was good to see Austin Aries wrestle again.  Who knows how long he will last!  Daivari is on a roll of good matches.  He should go back to AEW and tag with Anthony Greene on Dark.

• Like 1

Matt Cardona is so big league and kinda makes the rest of the NWA seem kind of indie.  Madusa is a billion times less annoying than Austin Idol.  There is a lot of wrestling in this episode.  It all perfectly fine.  They screw up the finish to Kamille/Keira Hogan but it was also perfectly fine.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DEAN said:

Matt Cardona is so big league and kinda makes the rest of the NWA seem kind of indie.  Madusa is a billion times less annoying than Austin Idol.  There is a lot of wrestling in this episode.  It all perfectly fine.  They screw up the finish to Kamille/Keira Hogan but it was also perfectly fine.

I have no context or idea what happened as I just recently started re-following the NWA, but, HOLY SHIT, that Pope promo was awesome. Maybe the promo of the year so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peck said:

Idol dialed up the annoyingness a bit compared to past USA episodes. Really good little TV match between Corino/Morton.

Idol was still way less annoying than he is on POWERRRR~!  He actually tried to put over the matches which is him being not annoying,.  Both those matches were good.  I thought it was odd that Colby didn't just kill Morton will a piledriver when he had him in position.  The Paige/Markova match was fun even if it was a 2005 indie kick-out-of-15-finishers match.  They did REALLY fucking lay it in so I forgive the kickout-itis.  I want a round three.

This is a good episode.  Matt Cardona versus Victor Benjamin is good.  Natalya Markova continues her hot streak against Jennacide- as Markova lays it in and Jennacide is a female, better version of Luchasaurus.  Main event is good.  Velvet Sky overcompensates for Austin Idol not commentating by ratcheting up the annoyingness- especailly during the Cardona match.  Tootie Lynn against Marti Belle is pretty good.  The Melina match is kinda strange.

• Like 1

NWA USA from Saturday.

Today they released the bracket for the Crockett Cup: 

Spoiler

#1. La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf) vs. #16. Winner of a Play-In Match on Night 1 
#9. Hawx Aerie (Luke Hawx & PJ Hawx) vs. #8. The End (Odinson & Parrow)
#5. Strictly Business (Chris Adonis & Thom Latimer) vs. #12 Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater & Marshe Rockett)
#13. The ill Begotten vs #4. Doug Williams & ??? (Nick Aldis is out since he's challenging Cardona for the NWA Title)

#3. The OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) vs. #14. The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky
#11. The Cardonas (Mike Knox & VSK) vs. #6. Pope & Mims
#7. Aron Stevens & Kratos vs. #10. Dirty Sexy Boys (JTG & Dirty Dango)
#15. TBD vs. #2. The Briscoes

The best episode since they came back to YouTube.  Colby Corinoi vs Rhett Titus, 2 out of 3 falls, is really good.  Good build and psychology and shit.  Kenzie Paige and Chelsea Greene have a good match.  Chelsea Greene is such a superstar.  Kenzie wrestles beyond her 19 years.  The main event is really good- as Kamille continues her roll of good matches.  Taryn Terrel was a Knockouts champion.  Who knew?  Either way, she's good and this match is a weird one where your babyface is an overpowering monster and your annoying heel fights from underneath and gets some nearfalls.  Tim Storm en lieu of Austin Idol is a play I back 100 percent.  BRAVO, NWA!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DEAN said:

The best episode since they came back to YouTube.  Colby Corinoi vs Rhett Titus, 2 out of 3 falls, is really good.  Good build and psychology and shit.  Kenzie Paige and Chelsea Greene have a good match.  Chelsea Greene is such a superstar.  Kenzie wrestles beyond her 19 years.  The main event is really good- as Kamille continues her roll of good matches.  Taryn Terrel was a Knockouts champion.  Who knew?  Either way, she's good and this match is a weird one where your babyface is an overpowering monster and your annoying heel fights from underneath and gets some nearfalls.  Tim Storm en lieu of Austin Idol is a play I back 100 percent.  BRAVO, NWA!

SO much more enjoyable sans Austin Idol. 

And the return of TENNESSEE SANTA~! All is right with the world again.

• Like 1

More of the non-entity of Tim Storm on commentary, so he's a 1000 percent improvement on Austin Idol.  This Alex Taylor guy who wrestles Homicide is pretty good.  Jay Bradley has been wrestling since 1999 and Doug Williams has been wrestling for 30 years so 53 years of wrestling experience in the main event.  It's good.