DVDVR Message Board

NWA (Current Version) Discussion

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Billy Corgan says that NWA Empower will return "eventually"

He said they were unable to run it this year due to "not enough available female talent"

Translation: “Impact and AEW aren’t willing to subsidize another show while I take all the credit for being the progressive promoter again, and I can’t put together a show with a hope in hell of drawing on my own.”

• Like 3

Rylee Rockett is getting good quick.  Oh yeah, I forgot that Angelina Love is fucking awesome.  Her and Chelsea Green are a fun tag team.  Kamille looks good in her match,  Other things happen.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DEAN said:

Rylee Rockett is getting good quick.  Oh yeah, I forgot that Angelina Love is fucking awesome.  Her and Chelsea Green are a fun tag team.  Kamille looks good in her match,  Other things happen.

What happened that made you forget that Angelina Love is awesome? Should we be worried? That doesn't sound normal.

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

What happened that made you forget that Angelina Love is awesome? Should we be worried? That doesn't sound normal.

I hadn't seen her wrestle in a while, plus I am terribly old...

• Haha 1

Who is this Matt Vine guy?  He's good.  ( I just checked cagematch.net and he's one of those OVW dudes I fast forward through.  Now I gotta watch more OVW at normal speed now.)  Marti Belle and Allisyn Kay versus Missa Kate and Kaci Lennox is some quality studio wrestling.

• Like 1

Full cards for NWA 74 coming up this weekend.   I think they still manage to bring together pretty stacked lineups. Just wish there was a Tim Storm match!

NIGHT 1 - Saturday August 27, 2022 from St. Louis, MO

NWA WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Kamille(c) vs. Taya Valkyrie

NWA WORLDS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Commonwealth Connection (Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Doug Williams)(c) vs. La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf 450) (w/ Damian 666)

NWA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Jax Dane(c) (w/ Chris Silvio) vs. Cyon (w/ Austin Idol)

NWA JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Homicide(c) vs. Kerry Morton (w/ Ricky Morton)

THE BURKE INVITATIONAL GAUNTLET
Samantha Starr (w/ Baby Doll) vs. KiLynn King vs. Tootie Lynn vs. Missa Kate vs. Max the Impaler (w/ Father James Mitchell) vs. Madi vs. Angelina Love vs. Jennacide vs. Natalia Markova vs. Taryn Terrell

TABLES MATCH
Bully Ray vs. Mike Knox

BEELZEBUB'S BEDLAM MATCH
The Miserably Faithful (Judais, Sal the Pal, & Gaagz the Gymp) (w/ Father James Mitchell) vs. The ill Begotten (Alex Taylor, Jeremiah Plunkett, & Danny Dealz)

Matt Cardona vs. "Cardona's Choice" Hand Picked Opponent

EC3 vs. Mims

Chris Adonis vs. Odinson

Nick Aldis will open the show to address the NWA in an open forum.

Plus an appearance from Tommy Rich

PRESHOW:
The Pope vs. Rodney Mack (w/ Aron Stevens)
Luke Hawx vs. VSK
Country Gentlemen (Anthony Andrews & AJ Cazana) (w/ Joe Cazana) vs. Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater & Marshe Rockett) (w/ Austin Idol)

NIGHT 2: Sunday August 28, 2022 from St. Louis, MO

NWA WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Trevor Murdoch(c) vs. Tyrus

NWA WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Winner of Kamille/Taya (c) vs. Winner of The Burke Invitational

NWA WOMENS TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Paige)(c) vs. The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle) 

MLW NATIONAL OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Davey Richards(c) vs. Thrillbilly Silas (w/ Pollo del Mar)

NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE ROYAL
Hawx Aerie (PJ Hawx & Luke Hawx) vs. Ruff 'n' Ready (D'Vin Graves & Diante) vs. The Miserably Faithful (Sal the Pal & Gaagz the Gymp) (w/ Father James Mitchell) vs. The NOW (Hale Collins & Vik Dalishus) vs. Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater & Marshe Rockett) vs. The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky) vs. Team Ambition (Mike Outlaw & Camaro Jackson) vs. The Spectaculars (Rush Freeman & Brady Pierce) (w/ Rolando Perez) vs. 2 Wildcard Teams TBA

Nick Aldis vs. Flip Gordon

Colby Corino vs. Caprice Coleman

Thom Latimer vs. Judais (w/ Father James Mitchell)

Mercurio vs. Magic Jake Dumas (w/ CJ) 

Plus appearances from Barry Windham and JJ Dillon

PRESHOW:
Angelina Love vs. Taryn Terrell

Edited by DreamBroken

NWA 74 Night 1

Preshow was fun with lots happening. Awesome to see Rodney Mack with a win, though felt bad for Pope who seems to have fallen from his days as a world title contender to now. Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage! I love that everyone suddenly gets theme music when it's PPV, differentiates the events from the weekly shows. EC3/Mims was solid but disappointingly short as Mims usually shines in longer matches. Beelzebub's Bedlam was a cluster, terrifying ladder superplex nearly killed Sal and Taylor. 

Adonis looked good. Homicide/Kerry started slow but got pretty great by the end. Thought there'd be a title change with Homicide heeling it up, but glad to see his run continue. The Burke was fun, I was hoping KiLynn would win it for another classic with Kamille or even Markova to recapture the momentum she had a couple months back. Missa and Madi could've used a little more time in there. Cyon/Jax was solid while it lasted, even if shenanigans filled. Bully Ray giving a piece of the table to a little girl in the front row and her excitement over it was the best.

Main event was pretty awesome, legit could've gone either way but I'm glad to see Kamille's epic reign live on. Now I hope she doesn't just lose it tomorrow. Overall, a fun action-packed long night of wrestling with even more to come on night 2.

Full results:

Spoiler

PRESHOW:

*Country Gentlemen (Anthony Andrews & AJ Cazana w/ Joe Cazana) def. Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater & Marshe Rockett w/ Austin Idol) (6:49) when Cazana pinned Marshe with a rollup

-NWA returns to PPV on November 12 with Hard Times from New Orleans, LA. It was announced that Jay Bradley is not medically cleared and that Rhett Titus would replace Luke Hawx tonight. 

*Rhett Titus def. VSK (5:54) after a belly to belly suplex

*Rodney Mack (w/ Aron Stevens) def. The Pope (4:54) via Euthanizer submission. After the match, Rodney & Stevens beat up Pope until Kratos returned to make the save.

-It is announced that Harry Smith is out with illness, forcing the Commonwealth Connection to vacate the NWA World Tag Team Championships, so Hawx Aerie would replace them vs. La Rebelion. 

*Caprice Coleman & Gustavo def. Colby Corino & Wrecking Ball Legursky (7:47) when Coleman used the Call to Repentance on Legursky. After the match, Colby & Legursky argued. Legursky shook hands with the opponents, then chased Colby to the back. As a result, Caprice picks the stipulation to be 2/3 Falls for his match with Colby at Night 2. 

NWA 74 NIGHT 1 - August 27, 2022 from St. Louis, MO

*Opening video is set to "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins.

*Nick Aldis opened with a promo, talking about last year with Murdoch and his plan to win back the title here until plans changed. Aldis said he asked what's left for him in the NWA and contemplated walking away but decided against it. Aldis put over his wife Mickie James and all of his accomplishments. Aldis said you can take away his title shot but can't take away his legacy. Aldis promised he and Flip Gordon will tear the house down tomorrow for the fans and welcomed everyone to Wrestling at the Chase. 

*EC3 def. Mims (5:00) via The Purpose submission. After the match, EC3 got the mic and buried the past, saying legends need to go away. EC3 ran down nostalgia and said in the future, you Control Your Narrative. Thom Latimer came to the ring. EC3 said Latimer is the one good thing to come out of this brand. EC3 said Latimer is happy now but he knows the darkness inside him. EC3 warned Latimer that he would pull the demons out of him.

*The Miserably Faithful/The MFers (Judais, Sal the Pal, & Gaagz The Gymp) (w/ Father James Mitchell) def. The ill Begotten (Alex Taylor, Jeremiah Plunkett, & Danny Dealz) (10:04) in Beelzebub's Bedlam when Judais pinned Dealz with a chokeslam after Madusa interfered and threw powder in the eyes of Dealz.

*Chris Adonis def. Odinson (7:39) via DQ when Odinson used a spray to the eyes.

*Homicide(c) def. Kerry Morton (w/ Ricky Morton) (12:45) after a 2nd rope Koji Cutter to retain the NWA Junior Championship. They got into it afterwards over Homicide using a low blow in the match.

*Tommy Rich cut a brief in-ring promo about his history and excitement for the NWA. 

*Rolando Freeman def. Matt Cardona (5:49) with a crucifix rollup after Cardona was toying with him. 

*Max the Impaler (w/ Father James Mitchell) won The Burke Invitational to become #1 contender to the NWA Women's Championship (17:07) defeating Missa Kate, Madi, Tootie Lynn, Samantha Starr (w/ Baby Doll), Angelina Love, Taryn Terrell, KiLynn King, Jennacide, & Natalia Markova
*KiLynn eliminated Missa
*Madi eliminated herself in fear of Max.
*Max eliminated Tootie
*Max eliminated Angelina & Taryn
*Markova eliminated KiLynn while Max eliminated Jennacide
*Max eliminated Markova

*Kyle Davis interviewed Aron Stevens on stage, who complained of his hatred of pro wrestling, it's fans, and Kratos. Stevens challenged Kratos to a tag team match for night 2 and said he would have Rodney Mack while Kratos has no one because he doesn't work here.

*Cyon (w/ Austin Idol) def. Jax Dane(c) (w/ Chris Silvio) (7:45) after the death valley driver to WIN the NWA National Championship. During the match, Anthony Crimson Mayweather interfered to lay out Jax but Cyon took him out.

*Bully Ray def. Mike Knox (8:55) in a Tables Match.

*Kyle Davis interviewed Ricky Morton on stage, who ran down Homicide on the mic for earlier.

*La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf w/ Damian 666) def. Hawx Aerie (Luke Hawx & PJ Hawx) (13:19) to WIN the vacated NWA World Tag Team Championships when Bestia pinned Luke with a rollup after Damian used the Mist.

*William Patrick Corgan hosted a face off between Trevor Murdoch and Tyrus. Both men said their piece on tomorrow night's main event and almost got in to it but Corgan kept them separate. They continued arguing so Corgan gave up and stepped back, but Tyrus then left the ring.

*Kamille(c) def. Taya Valkyrie (19:02) after the Spear to retain the NWA Women's Championship. After the match, a majority of the roster came out to applaud at ringside and on the stage as Kamille walked to the back.

Edited by DreamBroken

Oh and Baby Doll Jr needs to go back to wrestling school. Corgan  for all his talk of tradition he likes a lot of stupid. A lot of this was hard to watch. Main event was decent mostly because of Valkyrie. Tag title match was decent. Poor Tommy Richs jacket button looked ready to burst at any second 

• Haha 1

NWA 74 Night 2

Another fun preshow with matches seemingly being added in on the fly. Last night I was wanting Madi and Missa Kate to get to do more, so I'm glad they got that chance here. Surprised the face team didn't win, but also glad to see Markova have another impressive showing again. Markova and Missa were killing each other with chops at the end. 

US Tag Title battle royal was a giant cluster but ended up pretty good. the Womens Tag Title match was an awesome hate filled brawl, both teams brought it. the Missouri Tornado was also fun, loved the backstage behind the screens fight part. Kamille is the best, star of the weekend imo. Main event was ok, had a decent big fight feel, post-match was odd. Definitely a marathon of wrestling between the two nights, but an enjoyable time overall.

Full results:

Spoiler

PRESHOW

*Doug Williams vs. Rhett Titus went to a Time Limit DRAW (10:00) in a Submissions Match.

*Angelina Love def. Taryn Terrell (5:34) after the Botox Injection

*Kerry Morton def. Gustavo (4:44) after the Kiss It Goodbye knee strike

*Natalia Markova, Madi, & Missa Kate def. Taya Valkyrie, KiLynn King, & Jennacide (6:53) when Markova pinned Jennacide after a Jazz Stinger in a Queen Bee match.

*Natalia Markova def. Madi & Missa Kate (3:30) to become the Queen Bee of the NWA. Missa pinned Madi after a spin kick in the opening minute, then Markova pinned Missa after a double arm DDT.

NWA 74 NIGHT 2 - August 28, 2022 from St. Louis, MO

*Colby Corino def. Caprice Coleman (9:59) in a 2/3 falls match, 2 falls to 1
-Colby tapped out quick to escape a submission.
-Colby pinned Caprice after hitting him with a weapon
-Colby pinned Caprice with the Sunsetter

*The Fixers (Jay Bradley & Wrecking Ball Legursky) won the 12 Team Battle Royal (14:07) to WIN the NWA United States Tag Team Championships, defeating Gold Rushhh (Jordan Clearwater & Marshe Rockett), Miserably Faithful (Sal the Pal & Gaagz the Gymp w/ Father James Mitchell), ill Begotten (Alex Taylor & Jeremiah Plunkett w/ Danny Dealz), The Spectaculars (Rush Freeman & Brady Pierce w/ Rolando Perez), Ruff 'n' Ready (D'Vin Graves & Diante), Country Gentlemen (AJ Cazana & Anthony Andrews), The NOW (Hale Collins & Vik Dalishus), Hawx Aerie (Luke Hawx & PJ Hawx), The OGK (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett w/ JJ Dillon), La Rebelion (Bestia 666 & Mecha Wolf w/ Damian 666), and Team Ambition (Mike Outlaw & Camaro Jackson)
-Team Ambition eliminated Gold Rushhh
-ill Begotten eliminated Miserably Faithful
-The Spectaculars eliminated ill Begotten
-La Rebelion eliminated The Spectaculars
-Hawx Aerie eliminated Ruff 'n' Ready and Country Gentlemen
-The Fixers eliminated The NOW and Hawx Aerie
-OGK and La Rebelion eliminate each other and brawl to the back.
-Fixers eliminate Team Ambition

*Kyle Davis interviewed Matt Cardona (w/ VSK & Mike Knox) on stage. Cardona complained about last night's "St. Louis Screwjob" and vowed to end Rolando Perez then he will set his sights on becoming a 2 time NWA Champion.

*Magic Jake Dumas (w/ CJ) def. Mercurio (7:21) after the Abracadabra.

*Davey Richards(c) def. Thrillbilly Silas (w/ Pollo Del Mar) (10:29) to retain the MLW National Openweight Championship via ankle lock submission after a collision with Pollo.

*Commentator Joe Galli proposed to his girlfriend Shelby Rodriguez in the ring.

*Kyle Davis introduced Barry Windham & JJ Dillon to the ring, who put over the history of the NWA.

*Cyon(c) (w/ Austin Idol) def. Anthony Mayweather (8:29) to retain the NWA National Championship. Jax Dane w/ Chris Silvio watched from the stage.

*Pretty Empowered (Ella Envy & Kenzie Page)(c) def. The Hex (Allysin Kay & Marti Belle) (9:50) in a Kingshighway Street Fight to retain the NWA Womens Tag Team Championships after a double superkick to Marti with a trash can over her.

*Homicide(c) def. Ricky Morton (6:18) after a punch to the back of the head to retain the NWA Junior Championship.

*Nick Aldis def. Flip Gordon (8:47) via Kingslynn Cloverleaf submission. After the match, they shook hands until Odinson ran out and laid out both men.

*Kratos & The Pope def. Aron Stevens & Rodney Mack (9:46) in a Missouri Tornado Tag match when Rodney put Pope in the Euthanizer on the stage but Kratos tripped him and Pope landed on top for the pin.

*Thom Latimer vs. EC3 was declared a no contest (6:55) when Control Your Narrative (Leo Fox, Curt Gannon, & Stacee Alexander) interfered and ambushed Latimer. After the match, EC3 teased a chair shot but sat down and whispered to Latimer before leaving.

*Kamille(c) def. Max the Impaler (w/ Father James Mitchell) (11:12) with a rollup to retain the NWA Women's Championship. Bully Ray did commentary. 

*William Patrick Corgan announced that the NWA will return to St. Louis next year for NWA 75 and held a moment of silence/10 bell salute in honor of all the wrestlers who have passed in the past year. 

*Trevor Murdoch(c) def. Tyrus (w/ BLK Jeez) (13:49) after the Diving Bulldog to retain the NWA Worlds Heavyweight Championship. After the match, they shake hands. Trevor got the mic and started trying to put over Tyrus but he got mad, flipped the announce table and stormed off, so Trevor called him a bitch and had the crowd chant Tyrus Sucks.

• Like 1

Natalia Markova is awesome.  I just watched the Queen Bee match.  It was preposterous to book the little gals over the gigantic Road Warrior-like gals but after that, Missa Kate and Markova beat the crud out of each other.

• Like 1

Corgan is a dolt. Anyone that gives Control Your Narrative any type of airtime on your biggest show of the year has no clue. But William Patrick is probably CYNs one fan. Other than that abomination Day 2 was passable at points. Aldis is always class.  Ricky Morton senior citizen is better than his kid.  Liked the Woman's tag title match surprisingly since I instantly hate anything Marti Belle is in. The lego was a nice touch. I guess Kamille is the NWA version of Super Cena. She would kick out at 2 and 3/4 after a shotgun blast to the chest

• Haha 1

Being the Season Premiere coming off PPV means Powerrr is up early on Youtube this week, premiering now. 

Advertised:
-Ricky Steamboat has a major announcement
-Mecha Wolf vs. Matt Taven
-Aron Stevens promises a big surprise
-Thom Latimer is ready for a fight
-Matt Cardona vs Rolando Freeman - No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

Being the Season Premiere coming off PPV means Powerrr is up early on Youtube this week, premiering now. 

Advertised:
-Ricky Steamboat has a major announcement
-Mecha Wolf vs. Matt Taven
-Aron Stevens promises a big surprise
-Thom Latimer is ready for a fight
-Matt Cardona vs Rolando Freeman - No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere

The Cardona match is a studio CLASSIC.  So fucking great. 

On 8/27/2022 at 11:41 PM, DreamBroken said:

Main event was pretty awesome, legit could've gone either way but I'm glad to see Kamille's epic reign live on. Now I hope she doesn't just lose it tomorrow. Overall, a fun action-packed long night of wrestling with even more to come on night 2.

I just watched the main event.  Taya Valkyrie is so punishing and great in the big match.  Kamille was great hitting powermoves so late in the match on an opponent bigger than she is.  That was great. 

On night two, Pretty Empowered is fucking great.  Ella Envy is the BEST.  I loved how she sells an ass beating by screaming in horror and then how sinister she is beating the crud out of the Hex.  Kenzie Paige accepting her inner redneck asskicker was awesome.  The Hex, especially Alisynn Kay were good bringing the violence. Max the Impaler vs Kamille wasn't as good as Max vs LuFisto but it was good.  I didn't watch anything else.

• Like 2

Pretty crappy this week.  Rylee Rocket goes by Roxy now and it looks like she is joining Pretty Empowered, so that's fun- as Ella Envy is all redneck bitchy to her.  Natalya and Max the Impaler was almost good.

• Like 1

This week was cumulatively good this week.  Bully Ray's surprise partner WASN'T my DREAM partner (Konosuke Takeshita) but it turns it into a good match.  Dak Whatshisname and Brian Myers is good.  Chris Adonis versus Jake Dumas is good.  Nothing great, but might edge out WOW this week.

• Like 1