DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 10/23/2019

Dolfan in NYC

39 minutes ago, turk128 said:

EDIT: Oh yeah, Beth playing the naive gal during the 6-man and cruiser weight match was hilarious. Her and McGuinness are developing a good repertoire.

i loved the line from Nigel where he said something like "You would be perfect for limbo Beth because everything goes over your head"

• Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 4:41 AM, Rehabilitated Rick said:

The fans with their hands on their heads was exactly my reaction at home. So well done.

Thank God for Picture-In-Picture so I could watch AEW and NXT at the same time.  Both of these shows were on point last night.

The internet imploded after Finn did the Bullet Club OG pistol finger point at the fallen Gargano.  If Bad Luck Fale had sneak debuted and carried Finn out of the arena on his shoulders, I probably would've completely lost my shit.

I'm happy that the book for NXT took AEW seriously and decided to make some major story decisions.  Strong competition makes the fans the real winners.

Turing Finn heel was a no brainer.  He's been circling the drain as a face lately so I think this is a good move..

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

@Casey they never mentioned Cole being in Bullet Club as of yet.  He was definitely in it but I don't think he lasted long enough to really be remembered much for his time in the group. 

Cole was in BC / Kenny's Elite for a hot minute before being unceremoniously ejected when Marty Scurll joined.

I want to say that it happened right before Cole signed up with NXT, but don't get me lyin'.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Man, this was a good show too. I may be a fan of AEW for the spirit of it but when it comes to the in ring I prefer NXT most weeks. Every match delivered big time and it can’t be overstated how much better the women’s division is set up on NXT (but they’ve had longer to get it together so that makes sense). Main event angle was rad and Finn’s DDT on the ramp looked sick as hell. I don’t know if I’m up for a Johnny Wrestling 45 minute epic with Balor but it’s a fresh feud and I’m into it. Good shit, pal.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

If Bad Luck Fale had sneak debuted and carried Finn out of the arena on his shoulders, I probably would've completely lost my shit.

Oh fuuuuuuck you. Here I was, totally convinced that this turn was picture perfect, and then you go ahead and come up with an AMAZING way it could have played out.

Goddamn, that would have been hella boss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Main event angle was rad and Finn’s DDT on the ramp looked sick as hell. I don’t know if I’m up for a Johnny Wrestling 45 minute epic with Balor but it’s a fresh feud and I’m into it. Good shit, pal.

Every single move was vicious af! That Pele kick (on Pele's B-day no less) practically decapitated him. And that missile dropkick was something out of a fighting game.

• Like 1

I've watched this at least a dozen times now and something dawned on me:  in the world of WWE 20-minute promos and booking that has the subtlety of a sledgehammer, this entire angle said so much without a single word being spoken.

Balor attacks Gargano.  Kyle looks stunned as shit implying they didn't know this was going to happen.  Era attacks Ciampa (interestingly Roddy, not Cole attacks first.)  Balor doesn't join in, he just stands there.  Cole gives him an uncertain look but turns his back on him anyway to attack Ciampa.  Balor destroys Gargano on the floor.  Era give him the U-E sign, Balor gives the pistol signs instead telling us he's not with them, he's on his own.

I really hope we find out who booked this.  It was pretty close to perfect.

Now as long as Finn doesn't come out next week and tell us "I don't OWE YOU an EXPLANATION!"

• Like 6

Their hoarding of talent has finally started to pay off. The women's division on this show makes what's on the other channel look like amateur hour. And it's a good bench. You could take two or three stars from NXT, throw them on AEW, and NXT wouldn't feel their absence. 

And this is before Tessa does their "MAJOR SIGNING SITTING IN THE FRONT ROW" spot during a summer TakeOver.

Wrestling is fun right now. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Surely if they sign Tessa she gets to go straight to the main roster? They'd be dying for a woman with her talent and appeal to come in and shake it all up.

If Rousey can't commit long term to the "Horsewomen v Horsewomen" rivalry then Tessa leading them against Charlotte wouldn't be the worst proxy.

What gives Tessa the right to jump the queue over girls like Bianca and Shayna? 

NXT is full to the brim with talented women, to the point where Deonna Purrazzo can't even get a match on television. 

Tessa could probably negotiate her way into a main roster contract, but I can't see it going over well with the women in Orlando. The last thing Tessa needs is more drama.

Tully Blanchard has a multi-show agreement and Tessa's boo, Daga, is pretty tight with TAFKA LAX and may be linking up with them again in the future so I think Tessa will be heading over in that direction.  Less money maybe but fewer headaches.

Edited by J.T.

15 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Oh fuuuuuuck you. Here I was, totally convinced that this turn was picture perfect, and then you go ahead and come up with an AMAZING way it could have played out.

Goddamn, that would have been hella boss.

It was obvious that Finn's heel turn on NXT had more than its share of subliminal messages for Bullet Club OG Firing Squad smarks and I've always thought that Finn's New Japan / BC Day One heel turn was also note perfect.

The only thing missing from Finn's NXT turn was the introduction of THE UNDERBOSS~!

If this happens at a NXT Takeover in the near future when it's Ciampa / Gargano vs. Finn and a MYSTERY PARTNER, I will probably pass the fuck out.

If Fale comes to NXT, he must be permitted to beat down ring announcers that mispronounce his last name.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

I know Finn turning was the big part of the entire ending to the NXT angle, but that beatdown on Ciampa from TUE was great. It looked like a legit mugging with the crowd going bonkers over Finn. TUE really stepped up their punches and stomps for it. Just thought I'd point out how good that looked as it's getting highly overlooked.

Another thing folks seem to be missing about the Finn turn was that he said in previous weeks his past was his future, but we had no idea what he was on about and much less did we know he was talking going that far back.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The only thing missing from Finn's NXT turn was the introduction of THE UNDERBOSS~!

If this happens at a NXT Takeover in the near future when it's Ciampa / Gargano vs. Finn and a MYSTERY PARTNER, I will probably pass the fuck out.

If Fale comes to NXT, he must be permitted to beat down ring announcers that mispronounce his last name.

Babatunde is the man for the job. Already on the NXT roster, getting reps in EVOLVE and has previous experience of going to the ring with smaller guys (he was Lio Rush's enforcer for a minute). And the mispronunciation rule still applies.

• Like 4

If they rebuilt Ringkampf into Imperium replacing Thatcher with Aichner, they can rebuild Bullet Club and make Bálor Club into an actual thing this time around. I think Babatunde could work as Big Luck Fale's replacement and they already have Gallows and Anderson under contracts, plus AJ doesn't really need them by his side, so might as well...

There is actually a continuing YouTube video series on the saga of Bad Luck Fale and his ongoing war against NJPW ring announcers..

I could see NXT giving Babatunde this gimmick and apply it to NXT ring announcers, but Finn must ride on Babatunde's shoulders to ringside for all NXT Takeover PPVs.  It's tradition.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, Edwin said:

Another thing folks seem to be missing about the Finn turn was that he said in previous weeks his past was his future, but we had no idea what he was on about and much less did we know he was talking going that far back.

I kinda figured that he was referring to the BC Firing Squad, but I wasn't really sure how far WWE could go since NJPW own's the IP.  It was smart of Omega and the Young Bucks to protect The Elite moniker for themselves for use in AEW.

I'm guessing the NXT Book will finally make Balor Club an official thing and Finn will keep using the pistol salute as the gang sign.

So now that Bayley is running heel and she and Finn are cool, do you bring her back to NXT and make her BC?

Edited by J.T.

5 hours ago, nofuture said:

Io calling Candice a chibi got a laugh out of me, especially since Candice is at least half an inch taller according to their claimed heights.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

If they rebuilt Ringkampf into Imperium replacing Thatcher with Aichner, they can rebuild Bullet Club and make Bálor Club into an actual thing this time around. I think Babatunde could work as Big Luck Fale's replacement and they already have Gallows and Anderson under contracts, plus AJ doesn't really need them by his side, so might as well...

I mean they could always just make the group cross brand.

• Haha 1