DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 7

Dolfan in NYC

Gary Kubiak said this today: Matt Schaub is my starting quarterback.

This season is a dumpster fire.

Also, Sam Montgomery said that he got released because he just walked into a bathroom where Willie Jefferson and Cierre Wood were smoking a cigar.

Because when you want to smoke a cigar, you go with a friend and smoke it in a bathroom.

With Washington's defense, Denver might score 75.

And win by 6.

Speaking of whom, looks like the NFL is suspending Brandon Meriweather of the Redskins 2 games for being a repeat offender cheapshotting douchebag who hasn't figured out how to NOT use the crown of his helmet to hit people.

Yeah - I think I said it here but maybe somewhere else, the whole basis of THE SKINS CAN BEAT DENVER!!!! was that it was going to be another 55-48 type of game so basically whoever had the ball last would win.

I want to know what NFL coverage rzombie is watching where they are nuthugging Geno Smith. They called him out for throwing a ridiculously stupid interception today, and pointed out he's got a strong arm and throws a good deep ball. That's all true. He outplayed TOM FUCKING BRADY yesterday, some praise is warranted. Don't know where GOAT praise is coming from, more like they are calling him a fucking goat when he keeps throwing stupid interceptions.

It sounded like Greg Gumble during Sunday's Jets game.

Merriweather is going to hurt himself, and even then I'm not sure he'll learn anything.

He already hurt himself earlier this year and it didn't change anything.  He concussed himself with a dirty hit against Green Bay and has changed nothing.

Josh McCown moved the ball against the Redskins with little resistance. A pissed off Peyton Manning may rewrite the single game record books.

The Colts offense could/would be really good if they just spread it out and let Luck throw it 40 times a game. They basically did that last night and won the game. Also, while Trent Richardson clearly does not have the game breaking skills that a RB taken third overall should have, it may help if they ran a running play for him that is not totally predictable.

The Jets released Brady Quinn

With how many teams needs QBs, he might not be out of a job long

Whatever actually happened to David Gerrard, anyway?  I've been expecting him to resurface every in-season week since that Jason Campbell season ending collarbone injury that led to that "Carson Palmer to Raiders for Draft Picks" trade.  Not that he was great but he was at least a long-term starter in the league (even if it was Jacksonville).

If Colt McCoy and one of the McClown brothers is still somehow floating around in the league, and people are still willing to trade for Matt Flynn, and even JAMARCUS RUSSELL has at least gotten training camp invites, why not Gerrard?  What happened to him that I didn't hear about?

EDIT:  I mean at least with Vince Young there's the history of him flipping out/having anxiety attacks, and I'm pretty sure Dennis Dixon's knee got destroyed so I can understand why they don't turn up (despite Vince's solicitations).  Did Gerrard teleport to the Terrain Of Testament or something?

Ironically Gerrard is back with the Jets. The Jets just activated him, thus why the cut Quinn

He got hurt, retired and then a couple of weeks ago he said he was healthy and wanted to come back.

Since retired a Jet, they were allowed some sort of like 2 week grace period to see if he was good to go.

Houston released 3 rookies (Cierre Wood, Sam Montgomery, and Willie Jefferson) because they were caught in their KC hotel room smoking "cigars"

ESPN's now reporting that three sources have told them the players were cut for smoking pot, not cigars.

Please see link in "Cigars".

Houston released 3 rookies (Cierre Wood, Sam Montgomery, and Willie Jefferson) because they were caught in their KC hotel room smoking "cigars"

ESPN's now reporting that three sources have told them the players were cut for smoking pot, not cigars.

Please see link in "Cigars".

Oops...didn't even notice the link.  That's what I get for speed reading...

If Colt McCoy and one of the McClown brothers is still somehow floating around in the league, and people are still willing to trade for Matt Flynn, and even JAMARCUS RUSSELL has at least gotten training camp invites, why not Gerrard?  What happened to him that I didn't hear about?

The other one is the back up in New Orleans.