DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is Mr. Bootysworth - 10/2/2018

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, as I said on the twitter, Randy Orton - Sadistic Finger Breaker is a character I can get behind.   

I could get behind almost anyone else as Sadistic Finger Breaker except Randy Orton. No matter how many ways they package him, they're all boring.

I'd rather see Luke Harper- Sadistic Finger Breaker, but it appears he's going to get absolutely nothing until Rowan comes back, and they get their tag titles back.

• Like 1

I'm doing this on the off-chance that Daniel Bryan actually lurks on this board.   

STOP. FUCKING. DOING. DIVING. HEADBUTT. SPOTS.

For the love of God.   This shit ended your career once already.  

• Like 7

Bryan shouldn't do the move--and honestly, (this being something of a pet peeve of mine) I'd suggest no one should use it regularly. If the ideal at the center of pro wrestling is to do stuff that looks violent/dangerous but isn't, is there a move that gets things more backwards than the diving headbutt? It usually looks bad, but is in fact quite damaging (even when done right); and no one anywhere pins anyone with it, so it's not even terribly over.

• Like 3

1. It helped put Dynamite Kid in a wheelchair

2. Harley Race himself said nobody should be using it

That is all you need to know about the diving headbutt. If Harley Fucking Race is telling you not to do something, that might as well be the word from the mount to a professional wrestler.

• Like 3

re:  Daniel Bryan

**Hank Hill voice**

That boy ain't right.

----

I have said this for years.  Something about him is just not right.  He fought surgery for years and fought to come back when everyone told him no.  The guy was crazy enough to want to work in Australia and train people because he wanted to be a part of a scene.  He comes back and returns to the moveset that got him hurt. 

His answers regarding Brie's botch showed that he just does not understand the business.  It is not ok to hurt someone on purpose or by accident.  When you are in the ring, you put your trust in your opponent to protect you and in return you protect them.  Bryan does not seem to understand that.  It is almost as if he wants to wrestle so bad, nothing else matters.  

38 minutes ago, The Natural said:

As you know, Daniel Bryan is one of my all time favourite wrestlers. I hate that he still uses the diving headbutt. It should go on the banned moves list with how it's fucked people up.

The diving headbutt is far more dangerous than the piledriver but guess what they allow to be used regularly and the other nobody can touch with a 10 foot pole.

• Like 2