DVDVR Message Board

The ROH Thread

Given the "Chris Hero is fat" talk that came out of WWE developmental, the idea of them signing Steen is amusing.

I think there is a certain level of fat you can be.  Like a Bray Wyatt level of fat is okay.  Chris hero was too skinny fat, but not in the CM Punk sell a t-shirt way.  I think Steen is a goof fat, but is acne may hurt him.  And I'm actually being serious about all of this.  

• Like 1

Hero has stated that the issue was his ring style not his physique.

LOL...Pat Tanaka recently claimed he made a million dollar pay off in the WWF.  Hulk Hogan claimed Andre weighed 900 pounds.  

God I hate people like you. His physique was not the reason WWE let him go. You don't get fired from NXT for one reason. Triple H didn't see much marketable in him and a couple of big names on the main roster put the mouth on him after getting a poor impression of him. His lack of effort in the gym was an issue six months before he was released.

B. I read Meltzer's site's recap of the NYC show. I know it's just an angle, but is the WWE even vaguely interested in Kevin Steen? I know he had a tryout...

He should be in NXT within six weeks so yes very much so. Even before today developments it was rather open secret among those in the know.

Given the "Chris Hero is fat" talk that came out of WWE developmental, the idea of them signing Steen is amusing.

Keep in mind they're signing Willie Mack.

• Like 1

I had a blast at the show, but I wanted to pull my fucking hair out over the chairshot falsie in MATCH TWO!!! Fuck me.  Biggest thing I noticed though, was the Tanahashi and Nakamura give off a major superstar vibe in person.  Just so clearly head and shoulders above everyone else.

I pretty much loved every minute of the show. I didn't get to enjoy it all live. It was kind of chaotic at my house the night of and I was trying to stream it thru my old laptop (the easiest one to hook up to the TV) and it was laggy as hell. Switched to the wife's laptop and hit refresh before Steen's match and all cleared up fine. Picture quality was pretty amazing for a stream. Then the feed evidently went down during intermission as by the time I thought to hit refresh I had missed 90% of the Tanahashi match. So I rewatched the matches I missed last night, all looked perfect on hard-wired computer after lagging again thru said old laptop. I agree with the sentiments that top to bottom this was one of the best shows I've seen in years though I haven't seen a whole lot of whole cards in recent years except for ROH & Gabe's stuff.

I disagree that the crowd hindered the show but apparently Toronto was much hotter/came across better. Observer site said Toronto show was better but I still don't have any interest in that lineup enough to go back & watch it. Can't imagine it was better than this show. I'm not going to quibble over star ratings but I've seen a lot of inflated ratings thrown around. I gave the Bucks match **** and the main event ***1/2. All the matches were good to very good. I didn't seem to like the Lyger match as much as some. I agree he was working really hard & I really like both guys but the match just came off as a solid, nothing special match to me so I would vote that for "least" match of the night.

ROH hit a home run with this show.

If Kevin Steen gets a WWE deal how big a blow is that to ROH? He is one of their bigger names at the moment. They'll survive like they always have but this time around they are not as deep as the days of Joe, Punk, Danielson, McGuinness, and so on.

God I hate people like you. His physique was not the reason WWE let him go. You don't get fired from NXT for one reason. Triple H didn't see much marketable in him and a couple of big names on the main roster put the mouth on him after getting a poor impression of him. His lack of effort in the gym was an issue six months before he was released.

hate is wrong

I was there in person, sitting in the 1st Balcony. From my angle, ACH's dive to the outside might have been one of the greatest athletic feats I have seen in person. All sports included.

Which makes me ask, what is the word on ACH? Is he respected as a performer? I was impressed with his athleticism. How is he known as a worker though?

I was there in person, sitting in the 1st Balcony. From my angle, ACH's dive to the outside might have been one of the greatest athletic feats I have seen in person. All sports included. Which makes me ask, what is the word on ACH? Is he respected as a performer? I was impressed with his athleticism. How is he known as a worker though?

I know people who are super high on him, but I feel like a lot of people are still seeing him for the first time, and a lot of the feds he's working for are just putting him in a position to show off his spots rather than have really great matches.

Having said that, his 2nd round match against Kyle O'Reilly from PWG's 2013 BOLA was solid with a crazy hot finish, and his match against Sammy Guevara from Inspire Pro's February show (which is available in full on YouTube, though I haven't seen it) is supposed to be like in the top 20 or 30 matches for 2014 at this point.

If any of you are planning on getting the aniversary show spend the extra $5 for the deluxe edition. The unedited version of the Styles-Elgin match alone is worth it.

I was there in person, sitting in the 1st Balcony. From my angle, ACH's dive to the outside might have been one of the greatest athletic feats I have seen in person. All sports included.Which makes me ask, what is the word on ACH? Is he respected as a performer? I was impressed with his athleticism. How is he known as a worker though?

I should admit I'm pretty biased because a lot of guys I still keep contact with from wrestling are also good buddies with him, but I'm real high on him. I've got to see him work in person a few times here in St. Louis and he ALWAYS tears it up. And he has an innate charisma and likeability. He's something really special.

I was there in person, sitting in the 1st Balcony. From my angle, ACH's dive to the outside might have been one of the greatest athletic feats I have seen in person. All sports included.Which makes me ask, what is the word on ACH? Is he respected as a performer? I was impressed with his athleticism. How is he known as a worker though?

I should admit I'm pretty biased because a lot of guys I still keep contact with from wrestling are also good buddies with him, but I'm real high on him. I've got to see him work in person a few times here in St. Louis and he ALWAYS tears it up. And he has an innate charisma and likeability. He's something really special.

I'm a big fan of the guy myself. First saw him at the first NPWD and figured him and Chiva Kid were both going to end up getting signed with someone after the show. If you can point me in the direction of some of the best stuff you've seen of him it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd put Corino in the same category as heel Cole or (occasionally) JBL:  He has a hard time towing the line between strong heel commentary and obnoxious trolling to the point of me wanting to hit the mute button.

Corino does have his moments, especially more recently...

(someone did a suicide dive)
Corino:  SAY IT("soaring and scoring")!
Kelly:  NO!

Corino:  SAY IIIIIT!

Kelly:  He(Eddie Edwards) doesn't work here any more!
Corino:  *beat*  He'll be back!

Corino:  Wow, Maria smells sooooo gooood...I mean I love my wife!

• Like 1