DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Wrapped up ME1, kinda got bored of the sidequests and finished it off at level 49, then started up ME2.

I can deal with the now limited Ammo in place of straight ahead overheating, but they did do one of my pet peeves, and that's change fucking menu around.  Why, there was no need!  I can deal with the controls being mapped differently, just takes a bit of getting used to.

Kind of annoyed that I couldn't make minor adjustments to my Shep's appearance.  But I'll live.  

Knowing how earlier things come back later, I'm wondering how much easier/harder I made things saving the Council and making Anderson the Alliance Rep.

So I decided that it was time to get a. Male play through of all the Mass Effect games done for the first time in god knows how long. The save. I reloaded in Mass Effect 1, I was at level 55... And the save was made in August 2010. So yeah, been a while.

Anyway, just about to become a specter blah blah. I wiss Hale.

Reading through the thread I feel like the only person who didn't care for both Ashley and Kaiden.  The Non-Garrus slot in my play-throughs was for Wrex/Grunt/Tali/Moradin (depending on the game).

Reading through the thread I feel like the only person who didn't care for both Ashley and Kaiden.  The Non-Garrus slot in my play-throughs was for Wrex/Grunt/Tali/Moradin (depending on the game).

There was not one character in the entire trilogy I didn't care for. And I tried my best to play with all party members equally in all games.

I'm with Fresh.  I'm making a concerted effort to rotate my characters equally, although I learned in ME1 that keeping Garrus, Tali, or Kaiden in the party was a necessity for hacking/decrypting/overriding shit for item pickups.

I'm not seeing that necessity with 2.  Seems like I just need to manage Shep's kit closely, and even that's not that much.  Other characters seem to be just weapon management, and their kit doesn't change.  Although I love the ability to change the color patterns on my armor.  

I'm gonna hate limited ammo going forward, aren't I?

I yet again prove to myself that I am actually good at this game when under pressure.

Had one of those moments where the host flipped the game to Gold at the last second and I didn't notice (I realized it when a Nemesis showed up on Wave 1). If I had been prepared - I doubt I would have played my Level 19 Turian Ghost.

By a sheer miracle - I had put on incendiary rounds and that and my Overload led to A LOT of fire explosions and I suddenly could hold my own.

God real dicey on Wave 10 because the Geth Juggernaut in our party lost his connection but somehow we all managed to drag our asses to victory.

I now realized that Nemesis points won't be hard to come by if I play Gold - God bless

I liked Ashley less and less as the series went along.

I think JT is the only one who was all ASHLEY IS MY HOME GIRL!

As cliche as it probably is, whichever one survived depended on which Shep I was playing. . .when I played as FemShep, I spared Kaidan, and spared Ashley when I was MaleShep.

Kaidan just kind of came off as. . .I don't know. I don't think "emo" is the word I'm looking for, but he did seem to be a bit whiny and clingy with FemShep.

I yet again prove to myself that I am actually good at this game when under pressure.

Had one of those moments where the host flipped the game to Gold at the last second and I didn't notice (I realized it when a Nemesis showed up on Wave 1). If I had been prepared - I doubt I would have played my Level 19 Turian Ghost.

By a sheer miracle - I had put on incendiary rounds and that and my Overload led to A LOT of fire explosions and I suddenly could hold my own.

God real dicey on Wave 10 because the Geth Juggernaut in our party lost his connection but somehow we all managed to drag our asses to victory.

I now realized that Nemesis points won't be hard to come by if I play Gold - God bless

We are playing Gold now?  Time for me to stop messing around.

I do not appreciate you trying to take the top spot on the N7 Ranking Leaderboard from me.  Let me have something, willya?

I SHOULD be playing Gold since there is a part of me that wants Map Mastery... but man... running one Gold in the time it takes to basically play two Silvers... I don't know

I think maybe one Gold a night... MAYBE

Though if Dan is playing - I feel more comfortable with 3 of us and a random since you guys will forgive my suck

I am only good on Gold matches with maybe two or three character builds and they have to be Level 20.

I agree.  The reason I hate Gold matches is because you can make just as many credits without the hassle and in far less time by just running Silver matches.

Ok, now that I'm getting the new controller map down, and playing around with the squad orders (I never did in 1), 2 is such a huge improvement over 1.  Upgrading is pretty nice, and not too hard.  I like the map layout and such.  

But could they have made the shootout in the prison ship more obivious that it was gonna happen?

But could they have made the shootout in the prison ship more obivious that it was gonna happen?

Yep.  I was like, "The Blue Suns run this place?  These guys are rather professional and calm given that I murdered nine dozen of their members back on Omega."

Yep.  I was like, "The Blue Suns run this place?  These guys are rather professional and calm given that I murdered nine dozen of their members back on Omega."

"Hey look, this processing room with only one guy in it sure has a ton of cover spots.  I'm sure I'm not going to need those anytime soon."

And, considering the mechs I ran into, I'm estatic that I took the time to do some mineral gathering to get the missle launcher.

"Hey look, this processing room with only one guy in it sure has a ton of cover spots.  I'm sure I'm not going to need those anytime soon."

And, considering the mechs I ran into, I'm estatic that I took the time to do some mineral gathering to get the missle launcher.

I was an Infiltrator so the Prison run was nearly trivial since I had AI Hack in my power list.  The game got hip to my strategy since there were no mechs to hack during the boss fight.

YMIR Mechs were still a pain in the ass because the shitty AI caused my squaddies to take cover in the worst possible spots and pop up to shoot at enemies at the worst possible time.

Yeah, I did blow through 4 Medi-gels with Unity because of shitty positioning, even when I ordered them elsewhere.  But they did distract the damn think long enough for me to empty the missle launcher into it.  

I think I handicapped myself keeping to solider for the playthrough.  Next run I think I'll go Inflitrator.  I don't think I'm ready for Biotic yet.

Yeah - my Male Shepard Soldier had a TON of problems getting through that prison.

My Female Shepard Infiltrator only needed to do it twice - and the first one was because I got stuck on some cover and died trying to get out.

I am not sure if you picked it or not - but Disruptor Ammo is quite handy during that time too