DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

The Quarians are an interesting bunch. 

I have seen them referred to on the ME boards as the Space Israelis due to the similarities between their issues with the Geth and the conflict between the Jews & Palestinians.

It is easy to pass judgment on the situation when you're not the one in the middle of it.  The Quarians have collectively suffered for a long time, but it is really hard to truly sympathize with them.

That's a pretty good analogy.  I totally understand *why* they wanted to retake their homeworld and went with an all out blitz.

But timing that with the arrival of the Robotic Eaters of Worlds that have already co-opted the race of AI's to do their bidding that are already taking over the galaxy is pretty fucking dumb.

Course, since I'm playing paragon, and need the fleet, I'm going to help.

*sniff* Bye Legion.

Thank the Lord of Light for high Paragon scores, basically turning me into the 9th Doctor with "Everyone Lives!" shit going on.

I really am digging the theme of trying to make the right choices for the good of the bigger picture.  

I'm gonna need a 3rd playthrough just to see what a pure Renegade looks like.

EDIT:Oh, now I find the Galaxy at War page.

I couldn't play as Renegade, I have this odd psychological problem whereby I can't make decisions in a game I wouldn't make in real life so I always try to make the right choice and placate people as much as possible for the greater good

Drunk Tali is awesome.

Never has a game made me want to get my hands on a bad guy as much as ME3 has, ever. 

This series has now overtaken everything as my favorate series ever, and I'm only on playthrough one.  Just gotta up my Galatic Readyness and I'm ready to startup the endgame.  Then I do a FemShep Vanguard playthrough.

Just gotta up my Galatic Readyness and I'm ready to startup the endgame. 

Too bad you are a Playstation guy.  Rippa and I usually play ME3 co-op every Wednesday.  One eventing with us as your fireteam members and you'd be at 100% in no time flat.

Ok, question before I go all endgame.  My Asset score is well in the green (I DL'd the Extended Cut so my threshold was 3100, I'm at like 5000).  Do I need to really jack up my Readyness Percents, or are they just trophy fodder/necessary if I didn't have EC?

Ok, question before I go all endgame.  My Asset score is well in the green (I DL'd the Extended Cut so my threshold was 3100, I'm at like 5000).  Do I need to really jack up my Readyness Percents, or are they just trophy fodder/necessary if I didn't have EC?

If the War Room computer says that the chances of success for your final push are even, then you are GTG regardless of what your GR% is.

Speaking of great DLCs, don't put the words "asari" and "azure" into a search engine without also using the word "quote" as additional search qualifier.

If you do and were dumb enough to do it at work (I was smart.  I did this at home on my lunch break), clear your browser cache immediately and pretend that you didn't see what you just saw.

Hint:

Some people have taken it upon themselves to create full issues of Fornax.  These are the people I hate..

Finished it.

My god, this game was fucking beautiful, the whole series.  I got a bit misty at the end with the Wall bit, since I rekindled the Ashley romance.  

Having played the whole series back-to-back-to-back, and seeing the endings, I really don't get why people were bitching and moaning about them, outside of "I didn't get what I wanted" crying about it, or wanting something that was physically impossible without making the game 5 discs just for endings.  

The "my choices didn't really matter" talking point is utter bullshit.

Now for another playthrough.  Going FemShep Vanguard.

I really didn't have a problem with the ME3 ending from a thematic sense. 

My issue is that the most dangerous combatant in the known galaxy deserved a shooting ending and not some ponder the nature of the soul sorta ending.  From a mechanics standpoint, your last real "boss battle" was with Kai Leng and that is all kinds of wrong. 

Shepard should've taken Sovereign's helm and flown the damn thing into the sun.  That's how heroes go out.

Well, while the last real "boss" was Kai Leng (with an incredibly satisfying end), its not like the Battle of Earth was a cakewalk.  It was pretty damn hard until the "run like hell for the beam" part.

I do understand the wanting an epic boss fight, especially for a bad ass the level of Shepard.  

But he did go out saving the galaxy, no matter which way you did it.

I sit annoyed that the N7 Defense Armor for ME3 is only available if I got the Collector's Edition, and not via a seperate DLC.

Its been a year, release that shit.