DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - SEPTEMBER

Dolfan in NYC

33 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

All Marlins players will wear #16 tonight in their game against the Braves. 

I'm guessing this will be the last time anyone wears #16 for Miami. 

Well as long as Loria owns the team as he flat out said no one will wear #16

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well as long as Loria owns the team as he flat out said no one will wear #16

I have no problem with that but I think they should allow players of Cuban heritage who request to wear it in his honor to do so. That would be a nice touch.

Dee Gordon, in the first PA for the Marlins today, took the first pitch right handed, wearing Jose's helmet. 

2 pitches later, he hit his first homer of the year. And was crying all the way around the bases.

Sometimes, some things happen exactly the way they should have. That's how the first Marlins PA today needed to go.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I think you're selling us short.  There's a good chance both teams can go 0-7.

Pittsburgh has about a 65% chance of getting that last wild card.

We only have 6 games left including the one we played tonight. Thank Seaver that three of them are against the Phillies. I still think you guys will leapfrog the Giants because they have 3 vs LA and I think the Dodgers would relish eliminating their bitter rival.

4 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Dee Gordon, in the first PA for the Marlins today, took the first pitch right handed, wearing Jose's helmet. 

2 pitches later, he hit his first homer of the year. And was crying all the way around the bases.

Sometimes, some things happen exactly the way they should have. That's how the first Marlins PA today needed to go.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Things are really falling apart for Cleveland and Washington at the worst possible time.

Sorry, too bummed to add to the Marlins discussion.

Man, I was hyped for that Cleveland-Chicago World Series.  

The only ending this season deserves is the Indians taking out the 100+ win Cubs in 7.  

Just got my ticket for Mets in Philly this Saturday since they just announced 1:10 start time, paid $17 with fees on StubHub. I hope to see a party and then get the train back to Newark in time for the rags-Devils game at 7:10. #LGM