DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

It's just stuff like having to wear the suit for 10 days and the walking for five miles and him chanting Kifflom constantly that are extremely annoying.  Just smacks of padding out the game.

I think I just kept going to bed to advance the game clock and slept through the ten day time period..

I did that too, but it was still annoying having to go to bed 30 times or whatever it was.

I get the point of what they are doing with the missions, but the execution is pretty awful.

It's a pain in the ass for sure, but I did the missions early on and the payout was pretty sweet.  I got the money for the mission because of one of the bike thief encounters where it turns out you helped the CEO of AnimalArk Pet Foods and he gives you $100K in stock to cash out.

I wish that I had Franklin run into that encounter rather than Michael because I could've modded the Buffalo to the moon with that loot.

Yeah, only Trevor can take people to the Altruists Cult.  Make sure he only ferries normal strangers there because I accidentally took a potential golf partner to the Altruists and wasn't able to get access to top tier competition.

IIRC, the game was patched so that you can't take the Crew Driver upgrade (the injured woman you find on the side of the road near the flaming car wreck) to the cult if you find her as Trevor.

Hey, i saw a Titan flying overhead at work today.

There were three C-130 cargo planes at the Ft. Lee airstrip today.  I had this nagging bad feeling that they were going to crash into each other right above the base.

Ok so I have tried online a few times but can never get anyone to join in on anything. I tried auto invites on two jobs today and got nothing. I finally got someone to death match me but they were level 62 and I'm three so you can guess show that went. I went back and played story mode some more but does anyone have tips for a noob to online?

No one's going to want to get into any jobs you can initiate because the payoff is so small. Use the quick job option from your phone. You'll be able join jobs or races that are open.

Grind races for a while. Even if you finish last, you still get RP and cash.

Join the DVDVR crew and get the freebies like the Elegy and sawed off shotgun.

Rob stores and sell cars to LCS for cash.

Don't bother with clothes or tattoos. Save your money to get a garage and then work on modding cars and weapons.

Grind races for a while. Even if you finish last, you still get RP and cash. 

This.  

I found a guy who I kept racing one on one getting my ass kicked, but they were 1 lap races and got me like $3000 and 750RP each one.

I think I leveled up 5 levels in about an hour that morning.

Hahaha me and my best friend have been farming the prison race, one lap at a time for xp and unlocks. Went from level 10-24 in a couple of days.

I'm pretty sure that was the race.

I love that one except the one time I got stuck in a 99 lap race because I wasn't paying attention at the load screens.

No offense, but you guys are kinda boring at this.

It's GTA Man! It should be about having fun, not grinding for money!

I'll stop grinding when I can stop going out and getting my ass kicked.  There's been way too many times where I get stuck trying to take out asshole-in-a-tank with my pistol.

I tried to do some good old-fashioned race fixing with Bucky earlier, but I kept screwing up the job. Our paths will cross. He went up two levels while just dinking around with me.

I couldn't get the damn headset to work, and I couldn't figure out if it's a problem with my headset or something I'm doing wrong. It was a mess.

I wanted to quit earlier tonight, but I got out into freemode and I was the only one on the server - ah, bliss - no assholes chasing me around with a tank, fer Christ's sake. I was ready to give up when a high-priority vehicle popped up and I couldn't pass up the easy dough.

• Like 1

Or do a crew session. I hardly do public servers. Too many tards.

The color was changed to green because people couldn't tell between crew members and people that have bounties.

Grinding for money is a necessity to an extent because of the game's economy. Want to start a mission? Pay up. Got killed? Pay up. Want any mods or property? You better belive you're fucking paying up. Most missions until you get to high levels have pretty awful payouts. You're going to lose a lot of your profits through the death tax and ammo costs. So you're going to have to grind.

I took a break to work on the storyline but I need to do some online stuff.  I should be on and offline this weekend playing GTA:O.  I think we're doing ME3 multiplayer or Borderlands 2 on Sunday, though.