DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I think I'm just about broke now: I finally put money into vehicles: specifically a 15,000 dollar bike. That in combination with some darn good gun upgrades and ammo, and I'm feeling good.

Enjoyed our run of Top Fun yesterday. I'm rather nifty on a bike or in.an airplane... just not a fighter plane. Focus too much on targeting, not enough on piloting.

We really need to set up a big DVDVR party. Even if just for freemode, we could have some good times.

We really need to set up a big DVDVR party. Even if just for freemode, we could have some good times.

This has always been the plan and is why I blanket Live with invites no matter what you are playing if I see you online.

I know that Rippa fears spoilerization of the GTA5 plot if he jumps into chat while we're playing GTA:O, so I don't blame him for staying quiet.

There is only a finite of enemies that spawn.

I wonder about that sometimes.  Mark and I hit the Vargos for Lamar and so that we could steal a truck full of Redwood Cigarettes.  We bunkered down and ambushed the second wave guys.  We killed so many guys that their vehicles started to clutter our escape route, so we just jumped in the truck and took our chances on the freeway.

I hole up vs trying to drive off because

1) the in car aiming is not very good

2) the enemy AI is pretty stupid and you can usually get them into choke points

I haven't encountered a mission where there is more than one reinforcement wave, some of the waves can be pretty big though.

That happened doing the tv mission for martin. When i did it solo, i threw hrenades at their suvs just to clear some space.

I was down to $500 the other day after modding.

I also wonder if i should have bought a bicycle since you cant mod them or get them as custom bikes in races.

Pedal bikes are just for screwing around in free roam.  I want to take mine up Mt Chilidad sometime.

The latest update is live:

The newest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As mentioned previously, this update addresses some residual issues where occasionally people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as the other fixes mentioned below:- Built in measures to prevent users from losing their progress when there is a cloud outage- Built in a number of measures to protect players’ cash balances even if there are network problems- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions during network problems the player could lose their Online vehicle or mods after exiting GTA OnlineOf course, if you're still experiencing any other technical problems, please visit our support website to contact our support team and subscribe to the GTA Online Launch Status article. You can also shoot us a quick message at the Rockstar Support Twitter.We also encourage you to send any constructive gameplay feedback you have to us at our [email protected] address, as we continue to monitor it for all the latest suggestions for tweaking and improving the experience of GTA Online.On a related note, we anticipate the GTA$ Stimulus to be distributed in the next couple of days following this Title Update. The Stimulus will go out over the course of a full day once it's initiated so don't be alarmed if people on your friends list receive it before or later than you do. Enjoy and we certainly appreciate your patience and understanding as we sort out these remaining issues.

Just beat the single player game this morning. 

I found the final heist and everything afterwards (I chose the deadman option for Franklin) to be way too easy.  I suppose it could be because I had picked up the rocker launcher at Ammonation a couple missions ago, so the final killings were all over in no time (although blowing up an entire ferris wheel was a ton of fun).  Overall, the single player was pretty awesome and I'm glad I got through it before getting too sucked into playing online.

The best part of the ending had to be the diagnosis of how I played, as it really nailed that I was racing through the single player campaign without doing a ton of the extra shit.

You should be able to mod a bike to look like Pee-Wee's. I've thought about spending the $5,000 on the game's version of a Vespa Scooter to go bopping around town in, but I get griefed enough as is.

I found it funny you running like mad from me yesterday. Though I am getting sick of losing vehicles due to people being assholes... though I did an asshole move the other day. I was looking for new vehicles to add to my garage, and I see this really nice.car just sitting there. I jump in and someone quickly starts shooting. I am them prompted to get out of the car, and he runs me over. After the respawn he starts chasing me down. I assumed he was leaving the car as bait to pick a target, and was changing his "allowed people "settings. I decide to fuck him back. I sticky bomb his car and manage to blow it to hell and gone.So, dick move?

No that wasn't a dick move. A lot of people leave cars around LCS or Simeon's as bait. The fucked up thing is that you got bad sport points for that because you destroyed his personal vehicle - even though he tried to run you over in it. Happened to me the other night.

You should be able to mod a bike to look like Pee-Wee's. I've thought about spending the $5,000 on the game's version of a Vespa Scooter to go bopping around town in, but I get griefed enough as is.

I found it funny you running like mad from me yesterday.

Everyone else in the game's guilty of being a griefer until proven otherwise - if anybody gets near me on the radar, I stay away from them because I assume they're coming to fuck with me. 

I accidentally bumped into the back of a guy's Jeep yesterday (didn't see him there) and he took it real personal. He got a couple of kills in before he thankfully gave up and moved on.

Sign you play too much GTA:You identify cars on the road by their GTA analogue

Seeing an actual armored car picking up from a retail store and wishing that you had Sticky Bombs and a Pistol.

I literally posted this exact thought on my facebook when I walked by a Brinks truck this morning. 

Sign you play too much GTA:You identify cars on the road by their GTA analogue

Seeing an actual armored car picking up from a retail store and wishing that you had Sticky Bombs and a Pistol.

I literally posted this exact thought on my facebook when I walked by a Brinks truck this morning.

I also love the "9mm Pistols are starter guns in GTA games, so getting shot with one in real life can't be that bad," school of thought.

I not only accidentally killed myself while doing an armored car heist, but i respawned to find out my Ruffian had been impounded.

Ironically, when i dont play with JT as my guardian angel, i lapse sometimes into leroy jenkins mode.

I did ace the gang attack on top of the building by the reservoir.

I not only accidentally killed myself while doing an armored car heist, but i respawned to find out my Ruffian had been impounded.Ironically, when i dont play with JT as my guardian angel, i lapse sometimes into leroy jenkins mode.

I did something like that last night.  I pulled my car in front of an armored car, put a sticky on the back to open the doors, and the explosion took out my car.  I don't think I got any loot from it either.

Tried to do one of Lester's missions where you have to land a helicopter on a roof while a firefight is going on to get security plans.  Yeah, fuck that mission.  Wasted too much time and money calling in rides on Merryweather helicopters and killing the pilot so I could steal it.

I'm not sure who I played with the other day but I need to apologize to someone in our crew.  I wrongly assumed when I was put on the "sniper team" that I would be given a sniper rifle (too much single player hand holding, I guess).  Yea, so not true.  Shooting at a parking garage with only a pistol doesn't work out so well.  By the time I had run DOWN the structure I was on and UP the one with the guys we had to kill, everyone was dead already.  To top it all off, I was the only death because I got lit up as, I can only assume, they laughed and laughed as they mowed me down from long distance as I pathetically tried to shoot them with my pistol. 

I'm not saying that we should adopt this as the new crew emblem. I'm just saying that we can.

Posted Image

Made it transparent so it works on most coloured backgrounds.  Sucks if you want it on red or black though.

I'm not sure who I played with the other day but I need to apologize to someone in our crew.  I wrongly assumed when I was put on the "sniper team" that I would be given a sniper rifle (too much single player hand holding, I guess).  Yea, so not true.  Shooting at a parking garage with only a pistol doesn't work out so well.  By the time I had run DOWN the structure I was on and UP the one with the guys we had to kill, everyone was dead already.  To top it all off, I was the only death because I got lit up as, I can only assume, they laughed and laughed as they mowed me down from long distance as I pathetically tried to shoot them with my pistol. 

On the online missions, you start with whatever you have for weapons and your personal vehicle.  If a mission requires something you don't have, you're SOL for the most part.  That's part of the reason that mission I mentioned above pissed me off.  You have to get to the roof of a building with a helicopter, so either you have to roam all over the map to hope to find one at a spawn point or spend money/time to call in one from Merryweather.

No biggie, I never know who I'm inviting. We did have an all-crew run at the one where you fetch a Monet for Martin. I was getting all sorts of jobs I've never done last night.

I avoid the one that requires the helicopter 'cause I'm not ponying up the dough for one. The first time I did that one, I couldn't call for a helicopter, so I tried to call for helicopter backup and then shoot the pilot and the co-pilot so I can try to steal the helicopter, but it crashed on the way down.

I did one last night where you have to go underground, and all four of us blew it to such an absurd degree. I had to jump online to figure out what I was supposed to do, then was like "oh well, better luck next time" and blew myself up with a grenade.

I just sold a car at a LSC and ran up a ladder and onto a roof to buy myself some time to ATM my cash, 'cause there were other players around. I then heard footsteps coming up the ladder and walked over, pointed my shotgun at the guy's head and stood there until he climbed back down. I then quick-joined a race to get out of there without having to come back down. This is what passes as a moral victory in my world.