DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Spent a few hours playing the other day and working on story mode. With a half hour to go before picking up my kid at school (real life) I went to the strip club ( GTA life) and after some private dances went home with a stripper. I felt so dirty picking up my kid after that.

Still, loving this game. Makes me wish I could find a circumstance to kill a day with it.

• Like 1

So, one of the randomly generated events is much cooler than the recurring Purse Snatch style street robbery.  Out in the wilderness you can find one that's an homage to "No Country For Old Men" which I *FINALLY* managed to find just now.

That's not the only homage to that movie. The shotgun suppressor uses the same exact sound effect that Anton Chigurh's does in that movie.

Spent a few hours playing the other day and working on story mode. With a half hour to go before picking up my kid at school (real life) I went to the strip club ( GTA life) and after some private dances went home with a stripper. I felt so dirty picking up my kid after that.Still, loving this game. Makes me wish I could find a circumstance to kill a day with it.

Mondays have turned into that day for me.  It's my one day off and I have the house to myself for about 12 hours.  I'll order a pizza, drink whatever beer I have in the fridge and just not leave the couch all day long.  It's the only time I work on the story, as an hour here or there just doesn't feel like enough time to jump back in.  It's my favorite day of the week.  

• Like 1

"Woof! Woof! Woof!"

"What's that, boy? There's a guy stuck in a tree?"

"Woof! Woof!"

"His parachute failed to open and he's lucky to be alive?"

Two minutes later...

"Woof! Woof!"

"Wait a second... are you talking about my kind of bitches, or your kind of bitches?"

My sleeping pattern is completely fucked right now, so this was the funniest thing to me at 4:30 this morning.

This is the most difficult console game to stop playing I've yet to encounter. Just too good.

I joined the crew.  PSN is Burro Oul.  I probably won't be touching GTAO much but I'll be curious to see what kind of shenanigans you crazy kids get up to.

I'm finding Flight School to be just as infuriating in this game as it was in San Andreas.  

Not even tried it Zimbra. I honestly put down SA for over a year because I couldn't get past Flight School and you couldnt progress without it. Luckily i've just avoided it and i've finished the game without it.

It took me weeks of trying to finish SA's the first time.  Although oddly enough when I replayed the game I blew threw it on the first try.  

I made a choice that forces me to take Michael through flight school and the helicopter controls are so fucking janky that I can't make it through the first course in time.  I reeeally don't want to go back to a previous save so I'll keep banging my head against it for a while.

Yeah I told myself I won't be collecting any more shit and turned the game off in frustration only to boot it up an hour or so later to repeat this process over and over again until I finally did it.

But it was the stunt jumps that had me really raging.