DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I beat Lamar in the race, and then I was going on the first mission, but got kicked out as it started, and put with a group. Was it any of you? I had no idea what was going on.

When you look at the pause menu friends list there is a tag next to people's name if they are in a crew with the crew abbreviation (DVDR for us). I assume there should be something similar in game.

I'm not sure if it's because I've played Red Dead Redemption, but if you pick random for your parents/grandparents John Marston shows up as one of your grandparents.

John Marston is available as a father for everyone in the Social Club. And you don't have to pick random to get it, just hit Y.

Am i correct you no longer get random cash for beating up people on the street?

I slugged someone by accident (used to RT to run) and ended up with the cops chasing me.

(I am dangerously low on cash at the moment. I think Michael has $6 right now9.

Just noticed something in the mission Three's Company.

The CIA woman beating the shit out of the captive is also that same woman who betrays Nico in GTA IV... I love continuity like that.

Haven't tried online mode yet, might do it over the weekend.

Am i correct you no longer get random cash for beating up people on the street?I slugged someone by accident (used to RT to run) and ended up with the cops chasing me.(I am dangerously low on cash at the moment. I think Michael has $6 right now9.

You do get cash, but it doesn't tend to be much.  I've only gotten like 10-20 bucks.  San Andreas had the drug dealers you could get a thousand or two off off, but I haven't come across anything like that yet, or the OTB that I would abuse to get millions early on so I never had to worry about cash.

If you need money, you could always drive a taxi to make a bit.  Has anyone tried the emergency vehicles?  Can you still do the side missions in those?

I found the flight school way more forgiving than SA (controller vs keyboard though). Flying the plane was actually fun, but it's still hard to do the precision flight thingies with the Heli, btw Trevor will scream at you for sucking at flying the chopper.

Can we use the Wolfpack?

No.  There are only four gang signs/taunts/greetings: bro chest bump, double middle finger, jerking off, or up yours.

You can also set up custom names for each grouping of 10 levels, so I chose wrasslin names/terms (ie, level 1-10 is Curtain Jerker, 11-20 is Jobber, etc.)

I can change the color of the crew but the Social Club site is barely working at the moment.  What color would people like?  Or what would be easiest to see, especially to seperate us from other crews?

If someone wants to make a different emblem, that is fine.  I just used the one Gonzalez made so it was something different from the default fist.

Maybe a touched up version of the main site's logo?

Posted Image

Alright it was a bit of a pain in the ass, but I made a new one that looks like the old DVDVR logo. Although be warned, I am color blind. So don't get on me because the letters might not be green(?).

• Like 1

Haven't finished storyline, but tried to do a bit this morning and it seems that somehow the software update has eaten a bit of plot. An NPC who was alive is dead now, and one of her friends is going for revenge on a main character even though he says it's not his fault. Also, Franklin's car has somehow lost all of its modifications (so has Michael's but I think that's supposed to happen, because it's not like he modded it in the first place).Online... nope. Back to story every time I've tried. Which is only like 3 times. Might try a bit of 4 online tomorrow, see how dead it is.

Man, even ABC News is reporting on the server issues.

Isn't there something pretty fucking important going on in our country right now that they could be reporting on?

How much time does it take to report "nothing is happening"?

My biggest news pet peeve is live reporters reporting live while standing somewhere where there's nothing to see but some people milling about.

I got an achievement for completing a job with Ligerbusa! Team DVDR unite!

I died twice, that was terrible. But at least I got to jerk off later.I wasn't leaving the session, when I tried to join, it told me the service was unavailable. 

No one's ever going to get a mission done outside of friends & crews. I sent an invite to people in my session and they either blocked or didn't respond. And there's already a bunch of assholes chasing people down before they can accomplish anything.