DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

First, Robert sends me an automatic invite to a deathmatch, so I think "what the hell?" and join. There's 12 or 13 in the room, forced pistols. Everyone in the room but me is Mary Louing like mad - it looked like ballet. I finished 0-7 and would've done much worse if I didn't cower behind a large wall for at least 3 minutes until someone found me. Made something like $15,000 when my team won despite my best efforts.

We then go into different Freemode rooms, but my room's boring so I join Robert's. He's in a scrum with about four or five at the beach by that tennis resort. So I glide on in, arrive and snipe some fool who doesn't even know I'm alive in the head. "Oh, you're in here now," Robert says.

We then prepare to thin the herd, with Robert doing the most of the work but me benefiting greatly from none of those dudes being all that good. There was one guy on a hill sniping us and giving us trouble, but as soon as the crowd on the ground ran for their lives and we could turn our attention to him, we beat him from the tennis resort to Del Perro Pier, racing to snipe him on the spawn all the way.

There was a guy camped on a rooftop who sniped both of us once or so, but I noticed that after a while, he was sniping the guy we were fighting quite a bit and not sniping us at all, despite the fact that we weren't in cover or anything. When he texted Fireman Robert, of all people, about getting a fire truck when dude went into passive, I knew we had an ally.

Then two dudes with tanks rolled in for no reason. One was just a little moron. I think the other would've been good in a scrap, but he couldn't stay out of his tank long enough to fight with some damn honor and bravery. And of course as soon as the tanks blew up, they came out in passive. Yellow-bellied egg-sucking dogs.

I warned you about that deathmatch before we started.  Those guys (never did get their crew name) were something else.  I did two DMs with them, one in a bank, and then the the Governmental match that you joined.  They did forced pistols for both.  The one in the bank was a team of me and 5 or 6 of them.  They wiped the floor with our opponents.  I finished something like 7-9.  The next lowest guy on my team had 25+ kills.  We only won the Governmental DM because we had one of their guys, and he wound up with about 40 kills.  4 or 5 of those fuckers would roll up on you at the same time, all doing coordinated Mary Lous.  Best I could do was get one before they got me.   Funny thing about that.  I looked up their K/D ratios while we were waiting for that last match to start.  None of them was particularly high.  One was about 1.75.  The rest were all significantly lower than me.

The big scrum down by the tennis club on the beach was cool because nobody was working together against us.  I racked up a shitload of kills.  Then you showed up and we ran most of em off.  The poor guy up on the hillside trying to snipe had a hard time.  I was even with him till everybody else bailed, then we wiped the floor with him.  Glad to know I pissed him off enough to warrant a $9k bounty.  I particularly liked it when he bailed out, then tried to come back all sneaky like, taking cover behind his purple Zentorno.  Sniped him in the head for his trouble, then sniped the gas tank for good measure.  We'd probably still be killing him if the tanks hadn't rolled up.

Fish boy sending us the texts was funny.  He didn't do much.  He sniped me once to claim my bounty, which was fine by me.  He sniped the guy we were massacring once when he got a bounty as well.  The rest of the time I guess he was just watching from afar.  Those two tank boys were just sad.  Multiple tanks, invisible tanks, muggers, mercs.  They couldn't do anything in a straight up fight. 

Before you joined up, I was just wandering around in freemode when I stole a tractor/trailer.  Waylon came on the radio as soon as I started, so I figured I'd just drive around and listen.  About halfway through the song, I picked up a tail.  He opened up on me, so I got out and shot him.  Then I went to town on him.  Mary Lous, spawn snipes, the works.  He hid behind a wall, so I bounced a grenade onto him off the building behind.  He hid behind my truck, so I put an RPG into that.  He did finally get a kill on me, so it ended up about 15-1.  He needed to learn him a lesson - you don't mess with a man while he's busy listening to Waylon Jennings.

• Like 2

Apparently the next update is so big, that anyone with a 12 Gig PS3 won't be able to play GTA Online anymore (without buying a Hard Drive). And Cara Delavigne (Supermodel/ Michelle Rodriguez girlfriend/ GTA 5 Non Stop Pop DJ) has apparently tweeted about recording more radio commentary last week, so we might be getting a Lost & Damned type thing soon. Or something big anyway.

You had me worried for a minute there.  Didn't want to have to buy a HD.  Then I remembered I was being a dumbass and I've got this for my 360, which actually has a decent sized HD, unlike my PS3.

Hopefully they'll do something to freshen up online.  Of course, with a big update I'm worried about how many new bugs they will introduce.

I'm currently sitting in the mayor's mansion as we speak, listening to his cats practicing their 40 meter dash upstairs from the sound of things. He was nice enough to let me hang here for the night while he's away so my Knoxville trip isn't so damn long.

Stout - I've got a stomach full of Pal's chili, so I'm a happy man.

Robert - just wanted to let you know that I tried to join you many times, but it kept saying it was full, so I gave up to watch Parks & Rec on Netflix.

• Like 2

I had a double Big Pal with cheese and a sauceburger for lunch today before work. They make a great burger, but I've never been into the hot dogs. They used to make great fries until they got worried they were killing people with the seasoned salt, so they cut back on it. When they cut back on it, they started sucking. Like McDonald's fries. I hate those things. Salt them bitches up, we all gotta die sometime, fuck it.

I got a huge kick out of Freemode warring with Robert - he was handling shit without me, but me coming down allowed me to snipe fools in the head while they focused on Robert. That's the way we roll around here. Killing those tanks was a real Rubix Cube, though, thanks to our awful position on the beach. Me driving a car up on a footbridge to kill one of those assholes in passive while Fireman Robert made sure to wash the blood out of dude's clothes was a highlight.

I was playing solo the other day when this guy comes along and blows me up without provocation. Then ol' Kill Target decided to visit, so I said hello to him, and while I was taking care of Mr. Target, some other player started kicking the dude's ass. So I texted him and said "I'm coming for dude, I have no beef with you" and drove up to dude and Allah Akbar'd him STRAIGHT TO HELL, BY GAWD!

I then proceeded to kick his ass until my XBox froze, dammit. 

• Like 1

I had a double Big Pal with cheese and a sauceburger for lunch today before work. They make a great burger, but I've never been into the hot dogs. They used to make great fries until they got worried they were killing people with the seasoned salt, so they cut back on it. When they cut back on it, they started sucking. Like McDonald's fries. I hate those things. Salt them bitches up, we all gotta die sometime, fuck it.

I noticed that tonight. How long ago did they change it? As far as the hot dogs go, I'm a weirdo who doesn't like them, so I've only ever had their chili buns. Depending on what time I roll out in the morning, I'll go pick up a burger since I've never had one, or try their breakfast cheesy bites or whatever the hell they're called.

And to make this post relevant to the topic so it's not just "the redneck boys talk about their local greasy spoon restaurants," in between trying to join Roberto, I went into freemode.

Just to be insane, I took my bicycle out. Rode 2 miles from my apt to the beach to get a Simeon car, and met zero resistance the whole time. It was...boring. Like the room was full of a bunch of pacifists.

• Like 1

Those cheesy tater tots ain't half bad. There's no good quirky local breakfast around here at all, just chains. I will occasionally go out after a long night of Freemode and get biscuits at Hardee's. 

I rode my bike completely around the map once. Went in a circle around the perimeter of the map. No one gave me any problems.

Sometimes you just run into rooms where everybody's doing their own thing. I've ran into rooms where everyone's separated, no one's even near each other.

I'm not really super-attacky playing solo, but I'll mess back if someone messes with me. I do like trying to snipe at passing cars from the top of my garage, and it's fun to defend a bounty. I'm mainly into chasing Kill Target and Simeon cars. I dunno why, it's not like I ned the money. I love running around a full room with the game constantly spewing "jstout killed the target" "jstout has the special vehicle" "jstout killed the target." 

50/50 I make Titans tonight

I have back to back fantasy drafts.

Now granted the 2nd one should end right around when the Tuesday crew starts meandering around Freemode so we shall see.

Ah dalm I never fixed that shit. I was tryin ti paste a Web link and it never would let me. I deleted everything it said and it wouldn't let me leave a post blank I looked for the link on another website but got tired and went to bed.

I'll be on, but not until late.  Same reason as Rippa.

As expected, my real life shooting was a mess.  There were a couple shots I took that were so bad I would've had a better chance throwing the gun at the bird.  Still managed to get a few, so I only need 587 more birds before I can get the LSPD tint for my Beretta A390.  I would've made my limit, but a couple of those birds were clearly in god mode.  Fucking cheating dove.

• Like 3

I've been having a rough go of Freemode lately, kind of - someone will provoke me, and I'll stick a foot up their ass for a while, then it seems like I totally forget how to play and I just start getting dominated by low-level nobodies. There, I said it.

Some doof the other day ran away from me down to the beach (not smart, not smart), where I proceeded to punish him with the sniper rifle for about eight kills. Then I swear to God, he disappeared. I couldn't find him at all, or very sporadically, and he was just mowing me down with that light sniper. He was freakin' wearing red, this shouldn't have been a problem. 

Mis, you'll probably get rich beyond your wildest dreams anyway, but if you want to make the solid money, look for a guide on the Internet on how to do the assassination missions in single-player. I fucked two up and still had $850 million. If you do them correctly, each character can have more than a billion dollars each.

OK so I'm finally gettin to try the flight school and all is goin good. Got silver or gold up until the formation bull shit. No need in me sayin it but I'll never be a blue angel. Need a shirt that says "don't fly well with others" I can't keep em in screen on that damn loop to save my ass

• Like 1

50/50 I make Titans tonight

I have back to back fantasy drafts.

Now granted the 2nd one should end right around when the Tuesday crew starts meandering around Freemode so we shall see.

If there's ever a reason to want to shoot things in the head, it's looking back at your team after a fantasy draft.

Chris is in the same exact two leagues as I am so I am assuming we are on the same schedule

Well except for the part where he goes to work around the time I debate falling asleep

Chris is in the same exact two leagues as I am so I am assuming we are on the same schedule

Well except for the part where he goes to work around the time I debate falling asleep

Yep.  Depending on how long the 2nd draft lasts I may be able to get on and play for an hour or so.

There's an online event happening RIGHT NOW. A new playlist. My team won the capture, but I came third in the race because an arsehole rammed me out of the sky. There's two loop da loops in the race, be careful.

EDIT: We win Air Force Zero 3. 

2nd EDIT: I won the Parachute Jump (it's a good one. Goes from steep to shallow quickly). And then I won the Helicopter race (also good. Around the mountain). And I won the playlist, too,

Well, tonight's freemode run was .... interesting.  The first server had a trio that were auto detonating everybody around them.  Second server had a guy that kept claiming how badass he was, while continually grabbing tanks.  Before my internet crashed for the second time my character got, for a lack of a better word, violated.  At least I made $9.5 million for my trouble.  Stout and melraz made about another million just for standing nearby. 

• Like 1