DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

It is usually WCC playing in my crib and FlyLo in the garage so that I can groove to

while I am admiring my vehicles and waching other players doing dumb shit on WEAZEL... and praying that the garage assassin bug is still fixed.

I occasionally have to put on Worldwide so I can listen to Nissn byThe Gaslamp Killer .  Same for Radio Mirror Park (Feel The Same by Battle Tapes) and Vinewood Boulevard Radio (This Mystic Decade by The Hot Snakes).

I don't play any more, but when I did, I didn't have the sound up.  IMO this is one of the worst soundtracks in an open world game.  Way too much new rap, hipster rock, and electronic noodling for me.  The radio for Episdoes from Liberty City was way better.  Real metal, classic rock, jazz, Vice City FM with Fernando. 

Of course, this would be a moot point if the PS3 version actually allowed you to use custom soundtracks.  The best ever was Xbox1 San Andreas that randomly played all your MP3s and put in commercials/DJ chatter after every few songs.

• Like 1

Mis, we had a dude tonight who was floating in mid-air shooting us. He was an interesting character.

Y'all have to read that shit CSC posted, that's freaking hilarious. I say if we see any of these goobs in a Freemode room, we set to hang a foot up someone's ass. Seems their tags are either LORD or HANG (for low-ranking members). I wanna take on somebody who's gone through freakin' "combat training." It's really high comedy. Talk about putting a target on your back. We like shooting at targets.

• Like 2

Oh, the floating glitch. Go to Higgins Helitours and to the extreme south end of the Helipad, and there's kind of a dock there, with a wall behind it. Get in cover behind that wall and walk along it until you're completely underwater, then walk back up and get out of cover at the end. Walk up the slipway, then turn around and go over the water, and you should be walking above the water like you're the GTA Messiah. Now whenever you walk up a hill, you'll stay at the height you climbed to... unless you jump over anything, then you'll fall.

EDIT: Just read that about the Reaper Lords. Good grief, what a bunch of Flame-Baiting morons. I reckon if it was 13 of them vs Me, Havoc and Cris, they'd be running and crying in no time at all.

I feel like if I just leave this right here, Melraz will track them all down screaming about how DVDVR is the best damn crew around...

http://kotaku.com/a-chat-with-gta-onlines-notorious-motorcycle-club-1603217889

That's because we are!

Good God, this fucking biker gang.  I've played a lot of Mass Effect 3, so I am already hardwired to shoot anything referred to as a Reaper directly in the head.  I'm pissed that they all wear that Black Leather Jacket / Blue Stripe as their gang cut.  I have that jacket in my own wardrobe and now I may never wear it again.

I think I must've washed a thousand pounds of laundry and vacuumed for hours last night in prep for my kid and my girlfriend being over at my crib this weekend.  Did not really have the time for online play.  I got a record four missions done in story mode, though.  I think that is the most story mode playing time I have put in since I got the game..

Started off with Cleaning Out The Bureau and finished with Legal Trouble:

RIP Molly Schultz.  What a waste..

Also snuck in Trevor's encounter with Mary Ann which was surprisingly cathartic.  Replaying Reuniting the Family and shotgunning through the cutscenes got me my 70th Gold Medal from a story mission or a Stranger & Freak mission which was a 50 point achievement. 

The workaround for getting a Private Fare to call me (ie. have Franklin buy a property and pray you get a call) finally worked and I unlocked the 10 point achievement for owning Downtown Cab / Completing a Private Fare by being the accomplice in a double homicide, as a psychotically jealous woman murdered her doctor fiance and the patient he was making a house call on. 

Who am I to judge?  Maybe she was right and they actually were having an affair? 

I was sorta hoping that the Private Fare was going to be the one at ULSA so that I could get Franklin another hook-up, but I was just happy to beat the glitch.  You can use a glitch to get Liz as a booty call by just calling her number, but doing that without going through the hassle of the Private Fare seems like cheating.

Even after stealing the janitor's gear in prep for this FiB Raid, I went with the Rooftop approach to get some experience for Rickie and Tatiana.  Packie will be my extra gunman.

• Like 1

Yeah - all of us got Rockstar shirts last night doing Mark's deathmatch. Melraz was saying he must have like 6 of them or so right now.

I to will never be able to wear that jacket again. Stupid bikers.

I published my deathmatch this morning so hopefully at some point before I have to break down my shit mid-week we can test it out. 

While I did set it to work for a minimum of 4 - really it should be played with at least 6 but we shall see.

• Like 1

We all kept getting notices that you had broken our scores in various missions in that pop-up.

APologies for not coming back last night. Fell asleep while checking emails and such. I was beat.

I passed out a couple of times on the couch.  Comforters take forever to dry.

One of these days I will sit down and figure out where my last Under The Bridge challenge is.  Knowing I am one bridge pass and a couple of knife flights away from another achievement is starting to bother me.

Yeah - all of us got Rockstar shirts last night doing Mark's deathmatch. Melraz was saying he must have like 6 of them or so right now.

I to will never be able to wear that jacket again. Stupid bikers.

I published my deathmatch this morning so hopefully at some point before I have to break down my shit mid-week we can test it out.

While I did set it to work for a minimum of 4 - really it should be played with at least 6 but we shall see.

I should be online sometime Sunday afternoon after I take my kid back to her mom's place and my girlfriend heads back to Maryland.  We could put your deathmatch through the paces after you guys finish watching the World Cup finals game between Argentina and Germany..

Almost forgot, Weird shit continues to happen in the online game.  

When I tuned into WEAZEL this morning while getting ready for work, I noticed that a Lazer fighter jet was wrecking havoc over the skies of the city.  The pilot shot down two Buzzards and another Lazer.

I thought it was a hacker using a lag switch until I saw that the death prompts were XYZ died insterad of XYZ killed PDQ.  It was at that point that I realized that the Lazer was being controlled by an NPC.  He flew around for about twenty more minutes before another player finally shot him down.

We all know that LSPD helis will come after you if you steal an aircraft from Ft. Zancudo, but this is the first time in the online game that I have seen the garrison come after you while you are out of mission in free mode..

EDIT: Just read that about the Reaper Lords. Good grief, what a bunch of Flame-Baiting morons. I reckon if it was 13 of them vs Me, Havoc and Cris, they'd be running and crying in no time at all.

It is my unbiased opinion that the crews on both consoles would send these assholes packing in no time flat.  All of us will probably end up in Dunce Cap juvie for all of the motorcycles we will destroy.

For my own edification, I just did a crew serach for "Reaper Lord" at Social Club.  They have an interesting organization structure born of too many episodes of Gangland and Sons of Anarchy.

The crew divided into sub-crews.  The leaders have their own set as do the soldiers, probation guys, and the prospects.  The soldiers are further broken down into geographical regions.  There is a crew covering Grapeseed, Los Santos, and Blaine County.  As expected, they have sub-crews that specialize in racing.

They even have a crew designated as "property" which is obviously for women or guys playing girl toons.  Classy.

Yeah, these guys just made my DVDR Kill On Sight List.  I love to murder renegade bikers in this game, so this should be fun.

I may wear the blue leather jacket in mockery of them and as a tactical ploy.  I have killed a lot of people in this game while dressed as they dress if I notice that they are members of a themed crew. 

I guess that at first glance, they assume I am a member of their unit until the map and player roster prove otherwise.

• Like 1

The property thing makes me want to have my female character join up, and then turn heel kill every damned one of them when they aren't paying attention.  I could probably sell it too.  My character certainly looks like she has a meth addiction.  Perfect old lady material.

I don't think I've ever run into these clowns though.  I think I'd remember it.  I'd be thinking "why do all the numbnuts keep coming up to me on choppers and getting shot in the face?"  Probably spend 95% of their time in crew only rooms to avoid getting shot to pieces.

• Like 2

Only our crew would think of infiltrating them and then wiping them out from within.

This is why we are the best in the world.

I haven't run into these guys before, but we're rumbled with a few MC themed crews before.  I got the Army tint for my Advanced Rifle via shooting members of the LS SOA MC crew right off of their horses.

• Like 1

Stout, could you hear me after melraz left?  I couldn't hear anything from you. 

Another expensive night in freemode.  By the time I'd been in the game 15 minutes I'd already splashed out on an ignition bomb for the high priority vehicle and blown up 5 personal vehicles - 3 Zentornos and 2 Adders.  Added a bunch more later on, including more Zentornos and Adders, at least two Entities, a Turismo, and several motorcycles.  Finished the night off with a pair of muscle cars back to back.  Ended up down 200K, and that was with earning about 75K for the night from various sources.  I gotta cut down.

The glitcher (Kroomp or something like that) in the sky was terribly carried away with his own cleverness.  At least until Herby and I sniped him.  Then we were in the middle of trying the sticky bomb trick on a tank when glitch boy tried to run me down with his Zentorno.  I went poorly for him.

Jesus, Robert.  Save some insurance money for paying off the policies on the Reaper Lords's motorcycles. 

You are going to be in the poor house and in the Bad Sport lobby long before we finally rumble with these guys.

I cannot wait for the chain reaction explosion that happens as a result of RPG rounds fired directly into one of their formations.  Someone needs to have their Snapmatic at the ready at all times.

yeah - poor melraz last night wanted to knock some heads together in freemode but needed to get his cash back up.

Hopefully he gets his Liberator soon

I am also now realizing why everyone talks about not having too many weapons in their wheel. The number of times now where I die because I am like GOD DAMMIT! I JUST WANT MY AP PISTOL! WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!!!!

• Like 2

yeah - poor melraz last night wanted to knock some heads together in freemode but needed to get his cash back up.

Hopefully he gets his Liberator soon

I am also now realizing why everyone talks about not having too many weapons in their wheel. The number of times now where I die because I am like GOD DAMMIT! I JUST WANT MY AP PISTOL! WHERE THE FUCK IS IT!!!!

The Golf Bag O'Death really pisses me off sometimes.

I could've kicked myself during the deathmatch at the Vanilla Unicorn the other night where Robert, Mis, and Jstout murdered the shit out of us.

I fucking saw Mis right there on the roof above us and had a clean headshot with a short range weapon but I had my Combat MG in my hands at the time.  Mis always manages to find armor and I knew that the Combat MG was not accurate enough to drop him on the first salvo if I missed the headshot and he rolled to cover. 

That and firing a hundred bullets would give away my position.

I tried to swap out to a more appropriate weapon and which killing item did my fumble fingers choose?  The fucking Assault Shotty.  My suppressing fire spread missed by miles and he rained death on my ass after ducking behind the billboard on the roof.. 

It might've been a different story if I had successfully swapped out to my AP Pistol and was able to lock on to his cranium immediately or had switched to grenades and lobbed a few up to his hidey hole.

That's okay though.  I redeemed myself in the Paletto Highlands.  Perhaps that will break my curse of always losing horribly in deathmatches with maps set near the ocean?

• Like 1

I have a nasty habit of accidentally picking up the grenade launcher when I mean to grab the assault SG, and then not realizing it till I've fired a grenade.  I've failed at least one mission that way.

I only keep one weapon of each type, except thrown stuff, heavy weapons, and assault rifles.  The only problem weapon is the Gusenberg, which I still can't drop.  That's why I didn't buy any of the weapons from the latest update.

I prefer deathmatches like the Paletto Highlands map where I have spots to camp because I always have time to get the right weapon for the situation. 

Charging In?  Assault Shotty 

Don't know where the fuck someone is hiding?  Grenades from cover.

Lately we've been doing a lot of run and gun maps, so you just roll with what you have in your hands and pray your aim is true.  Doesn't play to my strengths.